• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's good. "Going high" didn't really work..... one of my issues with Biden as nominee (another was about some of his past decisions but I'd be very happy if he beat Trump in spite of that) that I was afraid he was going to repeat Hillary's mistakes, so I'm glad he's not doing that. Judging from what I've read, it doesn't sound like he went about this in a bloodless John Kerry type way, which is a really good thing.

Yeah. It's a typical line of attack on Dems that they're not strong enough to do what needs to be done, so I think you gotta give a few shots back -- plus, any reasonable person would have been frustrated and it shows down-to-earth honesty to give a few shots back and admit to the frustration, without being an asshat about it. Call the bad behavior out for what it is.

I always hated that "going high" thing because it just scans as snobby to me, ducking out of giving a few deserved shots back by claiming you're morally superior. Again, I "get the need" to take a higher road, but even Captain America dished it out when necessary.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What would happen if we nuked a hurricane?

I like to think it would at least turn into one of those crazy radiation storms from Fallout 4.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would happen if we nuked a hurricane?

I like to think it would at least turn into one of those crazy radiation storms from Fallout 4.

Trump is like a 6th grader interrupting science class with crazy half-baked questions/ideas, yet deep down I think we all really would like to know the answer

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Trump is like a 6th grader interrupting science class with crazy half-baked questions/ideas, yet deep down I think we all really would like to know the answer

Yeah there were a ton of interruptions by Trump. Tbh, it was very hard to get into the "debate." Maybe that's his winning strategy?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly it was sad because it was just a mess filled of Trump mostly fighting with the mediator, and no one really answered policy questions and it just became more of a shit fest of personal attacks. *sigh* we're fucked. Like, I already knew we were fucked, but I just feel we're especially fucked now.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can we all just unite as a country and write in someone better than both these people? please?

like I'll take Sanders at this point for god sakes. please just...tell me this ISN'T the most we have to offer as a country. My dog would do a better job.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Portland Sheriff' Does Not Support Trump

After the debate tonight, he tweeted "I have never supported Donald Trump and I will never support him."

c7fc6898becf4dcd7668398f22e66eae.png

Heh heh.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I went through the debate this morning and my impression is that Biden didn't really win but Trump evidently lost. Trump perhaps could have won this debate but his rhetoric was truly over the line, perhaps even for him. He was basically the clear opposite of law and order and due to that some people will perhaps stay home. Those probably wouldn't vote for Biden in the end but they will simply skip the whole thing or vote 3rd party (what is also significant). Trump's base probably loved good chunk of this but I am fairly sure this didn't bring that many new people into the mix. While with Biden I could see some smaller gains coming out of this (mostly among women and college educated people).

My 2 cents on the issue.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I went through the debate this morning and my impression is that Biden didn't really win but Trump evidently lost. Trump perhaps could have won this debate but his rhetoric was truly over the line, perhaps even for him. He was basically the clear opposite of law and order and due to that some people will perhaps stay home. Those probably wouldn't vote for Biden in the end but they will simply skip the whole thing or vote 3rd party (what is also significant). Trump's base probably loved good chunk of this but I am fairly sure this didn't bring that many new people into the mix. While with Biden I could see some smaller gains coming out of this (mostly among women and college educated people).

My 2 cents on the issue.

Yeah I think that's the point actually. He's never been about growing his base and the debate was no exception. This was just an opportunity to mobilize the most criminal and violent among them - the accelerationists and religious extremists or just the garden variety racists or xenophobic nationalist - it's not like any of them were on the fence.

Apparently Biden said "inshalla" with the correct sarcastic usage. I find that to be hilarious.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah I think that's the point actually. He's never been about growing his base and the debate was no exception. This was just an opportunity to mobilize the most criminal and violent among them - the accelerationists and religious extremists or just the garden variety racists or xenophobic nationalist - it's not like any of them were on the fence.

Apparently Biden said "inshalla" with the correct sarcastic usage. I find that to be hilarious.

Yeah, it probably was the point/desire.
However if he triggers larger turnout with his behavior in the debates he is probably toast regarding the electoral collage. Since that generally tilts the map in blue direction and there is plenty of toss up states that he really really needs. Therefore focusing on too narrow demographic usually isn't good idea.

I wouldn't be surprised that Harris/Pence debate in the end turns out to be the one with most substance.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Yeah, it probably was the point/desire.
However if he triggers larger turnout with his behavior in the debates he is probably toast regarding the electoral collage. Since that generally tilts the map in blue direction and there is plenty of toss up states that he really really needs. Therefore focusing on too narrow demographic usually isn't good idea.

I wouldn't be surprised that Harris/Pence debate in the end turns out to be the one with most substance.

It would be hard pressed to have less...