• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
lol @ the pivot. The preeminent victims.

EnlWbZcXcAIOdF5

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be surprised if that^ got very big. Chicago is one of the cities where people were dancing in the streets all over the place when he lost, and every pro-Trump gathering (IIRC) has been thoroughly underwhelming. (If it seems funny now, just wait til Thanksgiving...)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right... you'd think their act of rebellion would just be having large mask-free Thanksgiving meals with family, NOT showing up for a public protest in Chicago.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd be surprised if that^ got very big. Chicago is one of the cities where people were dancing in the streets all over the place when he lost, and every pro-Trump gathering (IIRC) has been thoroughly underwhelming. (If it seems funny now, just wait til Thanksgiving...)

I didn't notice dancing in the streets when he lost in my neighborhood, but there was a feeling of contentment that seemed to be shared by everyone I passed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Petty is an understatement...

EnjBoyHXMAATBYo
It is interesting how much time she spends on personally defending her integrity (paragraph 2 etc). That language seems inappropriate for a legal declaration. It's irrelevant because she is required to follow the law regardless of her personal experiences. That overstatement is almost always a sure sign of expressing the opposite of truth.

The woman doth protest too much.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It is interesting how much time she spends on personally defending her integrity (paragraph 2 etc). That language seems inappropriate for a legal declaration. It's irrelevant because she is required to follow the law regardless of her personal experiences. That overstatement is almost always a sure sign of expressing the opposite of truth.

The woman doth protest too much.

The "facts don't care about your feelings" coming full circle.

But it is interesting to me how, without exception, the right insists on their integrity after their actions that are the polar opposite.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't notice dancing in the streets when he lost in my neighborhood, but there was a feeling of contentment that seemed to be shared by everyone I passed.

Yeah, to be clear, it didn't match New York's enthusiasm - no huge spontaneous dance party crowds. But I caught several videos of sparse crowds celebrating and dancing. (I would have loved to head into the city to just walk around all day, were it not for pandemic obstacles compounding my already existing debilitating chronic pain issues - loved seeing the videos flooding social media though).

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right... you'd think their act of rebellion would just be having large mask-free Thanksgiving meals with family, NOT showing up for a public protest in Chicago.

If the bulk of local lockdown protestors I know are an accurate representation, this is exactly what the vast majority of them will do.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Look at that sign she's holding. "A man chooses, a slave obeys" Now, why would a woman choose the word "man" for a poster?

I noticed that earlier too.

Probably some man told her to hold it up. These people... :dry:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
we definitely took the long way home to get to the same place...

This is one time fording the river wasn't the more fun, exhilarating option versus going around. We made it across but lost one Ox and had two children die of dysentery.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
New administration accountability time (even if the old one is partially in denial). Rahm Emanuel should have no fucking place in the Cabinet or anywhere near the federal government under this new administration. That is all.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
New administration accountability time (even if the old one is partially in denial). Rahm Emanuel should have no fucking place in the Cabinet or anywhere near the federal government under this new administration. That is all.

Agree 100%. The quintessential DINO, establishment Democrat/Republican apologist. He has been a disaster in every position he has held. Biden seems quite malleable and wanting to try and please everybody, so I can't see him honestly being chosen given the outright from progressives. He's at least letting them hold his ear for now, so we'll see.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agree 100%. The quintessential DINO, establishment Democrat/Republican apologist. He has been a disaster in every position he has held.

100%. The amount of damage he caused to black citizens in Chicago by destroying education and botching the murder of Laquan McDonald alone should be disqualifying. Also, eliminating their environmental department...wtf. He's a disaster.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, it is interesting to note how quickly Republicans have turned on Trump openly once the idea of Georgia Trump voters sitting out the runoff elections in protest started to gain some traction. The problem is shifting gears that quickly after being staunch loyalists for all these years is going to throw the constituency in a tailspin now that they've so quickly pushed the fearless leader off the ship. None of this helps the right in Georgia. Is there a party schism on the horizon?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
100%. The amount of damage he caused to black citizens in Chicago by destroying education and botching the murder of Laquan McDonald alone should be disqualifying. Also, eliminating their environmental department...wtf. He's a disaster.

I even hate when they bring him on News shows and cite his position helds in an effort to pass him off as a legitimate political pundit. That dude needs to fuck off into the sunset and thank his lucky stars Obama stills speaks favorably about him publically so he can still get jobs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, it is interesting to note how quickly Republicans have turned on Trump openly once the idea of Georgia Trump voters sitting out the runoff elections in protest started to gain some traction. The problem is shifting gears that quickly after being staunch loyalists for all these years is going to throw the constituency in a tailspin now that they've so quickly pushed the fearless leader off the ship. None of this helps the right in Georgia. Is there a party schism on the horizon?

I just see their bottom line as power.

Trump was useful if (or unavoidable when) he holds the reins of power. Now that his chaos is threatening them, they're making noise rather than holding their tongue.

There would be poetic justice in their being devoured by the Chaos Hole. I am just sitting back and watching... maybe getting out a bottle of whiskey to tide me over.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Something to note:

2008 congressional election (D+10.6 > D+79 seats):
R - 42.6% > 178 seats
D - 53.2% > 257 seats

2010 congressional election (R+6.8 > R+49 seats):
R - 51.7% > 242 seats
D - 44.9% > 193 seats

2012 congressional election (D+1.2 > R+33 seats):
R - 47.6% > 234 seats
D - 48.8% > 201 seats

2014 congressional election (R+5.7 > R+59 seats):
R - 51.2% > 247 seats
D - 45.5% > 188 seats

2016 congressional election (R+1.1 > R+47 seats):
R - 49.1% > 241 seats
D - 48.0% > 194 seats

2018 congressional election (D+8.4 > D+36 seats):
R - 44.8% > 199 seats
D - 53.4% > 235 seats

2020 congressional election (D+2.5 > D+12 seats):
R - 48.0 > 210 seats*
D - 50.5 > 222 seats*
*3 outstanding

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just see their bottom line as power.

Trump was useful if (or unavoidable when) he holds the reins of power. Now that his chaos is threatening them, they're making noise rather than holding their tongue.

There would be poetic justice in their being devoured by the Chaos Hole. I am just sitting back and watching... maybe getting out a bottle of whiskey to tide me over.

Power was always the bottom line, yet Trump running as an anti-establishment populist concealed that a bit and made the party more palatable to voters disenchanted with the other prospects in the 2016 election.

Trump IS the party now in terms of the voters, while also being a very big torn in the side of party leadership. As you said he was useful in helping them appoint an unprecedented amount of judges in a single term, but now that he has outlived his usefulness and is threatening to actively harm the party in the wake of his election loss, he is very much an enemy to them trying to hold onto power.

This is almost like a movie, and I wonder how it's going to play out. Independent policy polling indicates that lots of right-leaning voters actually favor progressive policies when separated from the context of Democrats and Republicans, yet can the Democrats actually get their messaging out in a way that can appeal to said policy with these people while not coming across as judging them as well? The answer seems to be probably not considering the Democrar party leaders refused to acknowledge that they have a messaging problem and blamed their lost House seats on progressives. There is definitely an opportunity right now for Democrats to win over some of those not so devout, single issue voters who were willing to cast their ballot for Trump while not being apart of the cult. Too bad they'll probably continue to do nothing while sitting on their high horses, though.