• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump 2020

Nicodemus

Nothing in politics is simple, but please enlighten me.
Oh, I'm not going to waste my time on that. I'm merely interested to know whether, in your alternative reality, truth still matters or whether that, too, has fallen prey to the pubescent notion of cynicism that your posts so regularly display. In other words, do you care if you are right?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
First, maybe look at what is happening on a local level, where people actually care about what is happening. People want a good job, they don't actually give a fuck about what someone half a world away thinks of them. Trump has brought in jobs, that is indisputable. He has also gotten more POW and various other hostages home that no one cared to rescue. He has created laws that allow good behavior in prison, to be released from jail earlier. As well as lighter punishments for first time offenders. He has brought more women into government than ever before. He has made America more energy independent, which makes USA have more leverage in affairs dealing with places like Saudi Arabia. He has pulled out of rediculous trade deals that screwed over our production industry, and stopped giving money to places like Iran. He has brought national focus on the opiod crisis. The list goes on.

Global leverage? USA has the most leverage, regardless of how much they hate USA. It always boils down to "work with USA, or get fucked". No one has the power to say no, unless they team up with China. NATO is another big thing, as stated before in this thread. If USA is the backbone of defense for the entire European. They really can't afford to piss off USA, or they will be exposed. People talk big shit in politics, but only because it has been peaceful for ages. No one has any balls to go HAM, except for Trump. And everyone knows it.

lol

rav3n

U.S. created 501,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show - MarketWatch

U.S. created 501,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show

Turns out hiring wasn’t nearly as strong in 2018 and early 2019 as the government initially reported — by about a half-million jobs.

The economy had about 501,000 fewer jobs as of March 2019 than the Bureau of Labor Statistics initially calculated in its survey of business establishments. That’s the largest revision since the waning stages of the Great Recession in 2009.

The newly revised figures indicate the economy didn’t get a huge boost last year from President Trump’s tax cuts and higher federal spending. They also signal the economy is a bit weaker than previously believed and could give the Federal Reserve even greater reason to cut interest rates in September.

“This makes some sense, as the 223,000 average monthly increase in 2018 seemed too good to be true in light of how tight the labor market has become and how much trouble firms are said to be having finding qualified workers,” said chief economist Stephen Stanley of Amherst Pierpont Securities.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
U.S. created 501,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show - MarketWatch

U.S. created 501,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show

Oh look, a perfect example of political mind games. They do not deny the truth Trump created jobs, but they still reported it in a negative way that makes it appear at a quick glance, that Trump didn't make any jobs. Which isn't true. He made fewer jobs than anticipated.

This does not disprove the fact, Trump created jobs.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I'm not going to waste my time on that. I'm merely interested to know whether, in your alternative reality, truth still matters or whether that, too, has fallen prey to the pubescent notion of cynicism that your posts so regularly display. In other words, do you care if you are right?

I'm not the one putting all my faith in institutions, that don't even leave their gated communities and are removed from actual society, to base my definition of reality on. I rely on a combination of my own experiences with human nature, my life, psychology, and historical philosophy and record. Patterns are everywhere, and understanding why history repeats itself isn't an act of simply remembering history.

Yeah, I am extremely cynical, and negativism. But not because I hate the world, but because people are so caught up in convoluted bullshit and an extremely convincing mire of lies that has been built up over several generations. I honestly can't blame them though, and I am sympathetic. Life is fucking hard, and everyone got too much other shit to worry about than the essence of politics. The "truth" is really anything you want it to be, as everything is subjective in most aspects of life.

Im cynical because im powerless.

rav3n

Oh look, a perfect example of political mind games. They do not deny the truth Trump created jobs, but they still reported it in a negative way that makes it appear at a quick glance, that Trump didn't make any jobs. Which isn't true. He made fewer jobs than anticipated.

This does not disprove the fact, Trump created jobs.
Record breaking job creation was touted, not job creation. Post amendment, the figures don't reflect record breaking numbers, especially considering the tax grift.

Analogous, 'we shelled out billions to a trillion, to people who didn't need the money and we deserve a pat on the back for mediocre returns'.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Record breaking job creation was touted, not job creation. Post amendment, the figures don't reflect record breaking numbers, especially considering the tax grift.

Analogous, 'we shelled out billions to a trillion, to people who didn't need the money and we deserve a pat on the back for mediocre returns'.

That wasn't my argument though. Everyone exaggerates, but once again its only bad if the "right wingers" are doing it.

rav3n

You don't get to decide if I am wrong or not, because it is clearly written in my posts.
Sure I can, especially the part about 'right wingers' since this presumes something that only I can know.

Supply side economics simply doesn't work. This has been proven time and again, most recently in Kansas. If you look at job creation numbers by term, historically, the Dem numbers have wiped the GOP numbers off the face of the Earth. A few jobs created for a trillion dollar debt load, isn't smart economic policy.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure I can, especially the part about 'right wingers' since this presumes something that only I can know.

Supply side economics simply doesn't work. This has been proven time and again, most recently in Kansas. If you look at job creation numbers by term, historically, the Dem numbers have wiped the GOP numbers off the face of the Earth. A few jobs created for a trillion dollar debt load, isn't smart economic policy.

Quit beating around the bush. We were not debating anything BUT the fact Trump created jobs. That's it. We are not comparing it to the Democrats, nor talking about your opinions on economics. All you had to acknowledge Yes, Trump created jobs.

rav3n

Quit beating around the bush. We were not debating anything BUT the fact Trump created jobs. That's it. We are not comparing it to the Democrats, nor talking about your opinions on economics. All you had to acknowledge Yes, Trump created jobs.
Pardon my big picture perspective. A trillion dollars matter to me.

Deprecator

And so it was promised and so it was delivered. July Jobs Report: Another Record-Breaking Month For Job Creation

"The U.S. Department of Labor reported Friday that payrolls grew for the month of July by 164,00, setting a new record for consecutive economic growth. Unemployment remains at 3.7%, a multi-decade low. Wages continued to increase at a 3.2% gain compared to last year at this time. The U.S. total labor force stands strong at 163.4 million people—another record high. The robust job market has become the catalyst for driving a record-setting economic expansion for 10 years straight. Employment growth averaged about 165,000 per month for 2019."

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Pardon my big picture perspective. A trillion dollars matter to me.

Correct, everyone can create jobs like that.
Not to mention that good chunk of them probably isn't even providing a living wage. (and therefore those don't really count, since they don't fulfill the basic premise/goal behind job creation)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Correct, everyone can create jobs like that.
Not to mention that good chunk of them probably isn't even providing a living wage. (and therefore those don't really count, since they don't fulfill the basic premise/goal behind job creation)

A "living wage" violates the very concept of a free market, and economics. Its literally nonsense, and people bitching they can't raise s family of 6 on a min wage job.

Tater

A "living wage" violates the very concept of a free market, and economics. Its literally nonsense, and people bitching they can't raise s family of 6 on a min wage job.

Uhh... You have no idea what you're talking about.

A living wage is the bare minimum income needed for a worker to meet their basic needs. Nothing about a living wage violates the concept of a free market or economics. Quite the opposite. If workers failed to acquire a living wage, the market and the economy would collapse because workers would lack the resources necessary to work and contribute to the economy.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

You can sell this in USA but not to me. Plus this only suggests that minimum wage is too small.

The thing is that there isn't such a thing as truly free market. Either the so called market it is defined more by elected officials for better of for worse or it is defined by those with money in the case it is deregulated. Perhaps before internet and globalization we could perhaps talk about free market but there is no way this can be genuinely free now, especially since other countries aren't afraid to involve their governments into the mix. As a matter of fact I am willing to argue that your whole life from what understand looks as it looks exactly because of "free market". Since the so called free market is exactly what outsourced so many concrete jobs and now you have whole communities in the ruins. Why pay few thousand dollars for a genuine worker when you can just pay a slave in some dictatorship 50$ and place the difference into you pockets ? Plus you push further deregulation so that people don't see any of even that money. This is exactly why all your tax brakes don't provide any meaningful results since they just keep the money away from people. Back in a day when countries were closed economies that meant that if you reduced taxes the difference would go to the economy, however now people with the money can just invest somewhere around the globe where the profits are the highest. Deregulation broke the circles and now you have free fall.

Or if you want it on more private level: the chances that medical bills will bankrupt me are minimal almost to the point of being none existent. I got a genuine degree from the my government for which it took years to complete (due to which I will probably live higher in the global hierarchy than you), due to regulations I am probably eating less cancerogenic food on daily basis (what people defend since they where through chemistry in a lab during school, since here you can't be home-schooled). I, my friends and my mother walk freely around the city at 1AM because the social programs and functional police made street crime basically pointless ... etc. Soon I will even go to the trip that is half vacation on the coast and the government is going to pay for it as a part of my education. What is better: that young people live a little their youth a little or that the money just vanishes forever in some off-shore accounts ?

So for me you are the one that is being screwed out the two of us, even if I still don't have it perfect. People like you constantly vote for people that want to nuke the government for all kinds of reasons and make it less people friendly .... and then they wonder why their lives are shit. Functional government is the only thing that can fully enforce your civil rights almost by definition and your (sub)culture is for some reason just eager to get rid of it as a primary task. I would never want to live in Trump's America, I really do what I preach.