• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tinashe

What Personality Type is Tinashe?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tinashe
Tinashe:-Playboy-Magazine-2015--01.jpg

You Must Be Registered To Vote

One of my favorite artists atm. :wubbie: Self-taught writer and producer, and also a talented dancer and vocalist. She had a fairly successful single called 2 On, which peaked at 20 something on the Billboard Hot 100 iirc, and toured with Nicki Minaj over the summer. Her sound is a mix of Janet Jackson (especially her Janet. album - Tinashe openly acknowledges Janet as one of her biggest influences) and Aaliyah (this comparison came more from the public than Tinashe). She's super cool and creative. I've watched a few of her interviews but haven't thought about her type until now. If you guys are interested give it a shot! :D

Videos:

Lyrics (she writes all of her stuff so):

Cold Sweat said:
I like being alone
I'm out here, spend plenty of time on your own
Cause the city ain't kind
Other people who sign up for judgin' but can't take no
Complacent
This ain't a place to be making friends they all got agendas
These eyes on your back, hands in your neck
Thinkin' I've been fienin' for a taste of this shit
Seem so thirsty, smell fresh meat in the air
So the real test, after breakfast
We'll see who's to be here

This pressure ain't for everybody
Weighing so heavy on my body, body

Spine, shivers
Eyes, met
Head, in it
Heart, set
Cold, on my mind, yeah
Ice dripping, cold sweat
Ice, Ice dripping, cold sweat
Ice dripping, cold sweat
Ice, Ice dripping, cold sweat
Ice dripping, cold sweat

Can't choose the situation and friend
Always got to co-sign, everything's a ten
Damn I hate a yes man
I know while this buzzing gotta be ringing in your ear
Don't think I've forgotten, who was always here
Tell me where was you last year?
And I doubt you was last here
It's your last year

This pressure ain't for everybody
Weighing so heavy on my body, body

Wish it was goodbye
Time for me to accept defeat with my extra time
Like to handle with the lights on all night
Don't trip, everything will end up just fine
The summers they ain't the same
These lovers they ain't the game
These feeling, they don't mean nothing
These ceilings can keep the pain
Explanations you say I deserve it
Why after all this time I'm finally worth it
Ain't it funny, a power comes with money
And how now I'm out here poppin
They come back like they're an option
Man this shit is hella scummy
They claiming that they love me
Cause they realize that my time is finally coming
They know it
Cause my night is young
Moon is high
The stars are all, alligned

Bated Breath said:
What if I told you that it was all in vain?
Would it still hurt you?
Would you still feel the same?
Said it's impossible-possible
So impossible

But you're still waiting on the moment breath is bated
I wish I could hold you, I can't take it
Tell you all my secrets
I'm too faded
Praying that tomorrow I'll be braver
Maybe I can tell you, maybe we can do this
Kisses on my forehead we can fall into it
Love you like the rain, falls much faster
Living in a piece of ever after
Forever after
Living in the piece of ever after
Ever after, ever after

If will you have me
I'll make you happy
Need someone to whom I can belong
Here's my confession
Saving it special
Hoped it would be you all along
All along

Dreams Are Real said:
Sky goes blue
Love flows through
And how you feel
Dreams are

My n*gga, wake up feelin' blessed up
You gon' get these bands, you gon' get these checks up
Made it under pressure
You fall under
Today's a better day
Old habits die hard, but we'll find another way
Laid up right next to me and everything is straight
Gon' get left behind if you choose to stay the same
Cause the

Sky goes blue
Love flows through
And how you feel
Dreams are real
Dreams are real
Dreams are

Got my mind in the zone
They know the real one, too real too legit that you want
You ain't know what I'm on
You ain't on the level I'm on
I was on the road traveling
They can't find me
They can't find me
I was on the road traveling
They can't find me
So get up right next to me, and everything is straight
Gon' get left behind if you choose to stay the same
I always remember

What you waiting on?
Let them know know, let them know

The future is mine

She strikes me as a little ESFx but who knows. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
How strange that I had watched a Tinashe video on youtube right before this thread was bumped.

I would normally panic about that happening, but right now I am too hungover (or something else?) to care.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

For some reason :)tongue10:) I'm not surprised you would say this...actually I predicted you'd say something about finding her attractive in this thread when I posted it. :D Probably would have been a little more surprised if you didn't mention Alicia Keys in another thread.

How strange that I had watched a Tinashe video on youtube right before this thread was bumped.

I would normally panic about that happening, but right now I am too hungover (or something else?) to care.

Good taste in music. :nice:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For some reason :)tongue10:) I'm not surprised you would say this...actually I predicted you'd say something about finding her attractive in this thread when I posted it. :D Probably would have been a little more surprised if you didn't mention Alicia Keys in another thread.

Haha well I just google searched her and it's hard not to find a pose where she's going for that doesn't show much skin (I mean they're there) but you had to pick the playboy model shoot. I'm like that really makes her look good. :wink:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha well I just google searched her and it's hard not to find a pose where she's going for that doesn't show much skin (I mean they're there) but you had to pick the playboy model shoot. I'm like that really makes her look good. :wink:

Umm nah, it's the 6th picture to show up in Google images. :shrug: But I guess I am a fan of that shoot actually...although I think my fave is her most recent one which she did for Complex mag:

tumblr_o1xecfUPs51qivigxo1_400.jpg

Such a look. I hope to achieve that someday. :wubbie:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Umm nah, it's the 6th picture to show up in Google images. :shrug: But I guess I am a fan of that shoot actually...although I think my fave is her most recent one which she did for Complex mag:

tumblr_o1xecfUPs51qivigxo1_400.jpg

Such a look. I hope to achieve that someday. :wubbie:

You just had to. :shocking:

Lol.. "Sip me"

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well... it was actually just a song she was in. And I was only watching it for Charli XCX. :wubbie:

Nah but Tinashe ain't bad either.

Ohh, in Drop That Kitty. Tinashe's dancing is cute - you can tell she's got Janet influence in her dancing. Don't think that song is representative of her own work though, her songs are much more vibed out.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Tentative...

I think I detect a fair bit of Fe... leaning more towards Ni than Si, gonna put INFJ for now...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tentative...

I think I detect a fair bit of Fe... leaning more towards Ni than Si, gonna put INFJ for now...

I feel you on the Fe. I think the way she interacts is very friendly in a grounded sort of way. She's smiley, silly, she knows how to keep the mood light and upbeat while being relatable to as many people as possible.

I dunno if she's cryptic enough as your usual INFJ, she's definitely Responsive > Directive so I actually was leaning more towards SFJ for her. :thinking: The lyrics to songs like Cold Sweat obviously come from a more misanthropic perspective...but I dunno, living in NYC I can relate to that song a lot. I think it may be purely misanthropic than both that and introverted. She comes across as more extroverted in interviews which is common (and also her Snapchat cus I follow her on there haha), but I think ISFJ could fit her as well. Regardless of whether she's an extrovert or introvert I think she's be pretty ambiverted either way.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ESFJ was my first opinion... but thought I would test out the second.

I think her "weird" body movements that she has at times would be Ne, yeah?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ. She's extroverted.

I got extroverted vibes too, but what makes you say so?

An SFJ in pop culture! :happy2:

Oh believe me, there's plenty. :D I think Kelly Clarkson (who I initially believed to be ENFP) is probably an ESFJ "people's ENFP". Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, and Selena Gomez I would peg as ESFJ (although Selena could also be ESTJ). Tyra Banks is usually typed as ESFJ although I know nothing about her personally, and I think the late Whitney Houston was also ESFJ and possibly even the same Ennea/Instinctual type as Mariah. Although sometimes I feel like Mariah could be ESFP because of how much she's innovated the music industry, but ESFJs can also be creative so it's not a type-exclusive thing. Plus, I wouldn't put it past an ESFJ to blend two genres (R&B and hip-hop) into one because it was the music they grew up with.

Hilary Duff and Beyonce I'd say are ISFJ, although people who don't watch Beyonce's interviews don't pick up on what her true personality is like and end up saying she's ESFP. But if you watch her talk for even 1 minute it's clear she's not one.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
ESFJ was my first opinion... but thought I would test out the second.

I think her "weird" body movements that she has at times would be Ne, yeah?

I make weird body movements all the time. :shrug:

D'Ascoyne

It's probably the vibes that you felt too. She simply vibes like an E. She has an energy about her that fills the room. I'm also going by comparison because she vibes like other extroverts I know and vibes unlike the introverts I know. This is where the longer interviews are helpful because you can observe how a person's energy level charts over a certain length of time. Introverts, OTOH, can get just as enthusiastic and appear to display extrovert behaviors but their energy isn't as charged, at least not as consistently as extroverts.

I'm also starting to think ESFP might be a better fit for her.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

Oh believe me, there's plenty. :D I think Kelly Clarkson (who I initially believed to be ENFP) is probably an ESFJ "people's ENFP". Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, and Selena Gomez I would peg as ESFJ (although Selena could also be ESTJ). Tyra Banks is usually typed as ESFJ although I know nothing about her personally, and I think the late Whitney Houston was also ESFJ and possibly even the same Ennea/Instinctual type as Mariah. Although sometimes I feel like Mariah could be ESFP because of how much she's innovated the music industry, but ESFJs can also be creative so it's not a type-exclusive thing. Plus, I wouldn't put it past an ESFJ to blend two genres (R&B and hip-hop) into one because it was the music they grew up with.

Hilary Duff and Beyonce I'd say are ISFJ, although people who don't watch Beyonce's interviews don't pick up on what her true personality is like and end up saying she's ESFP. But if you watch her talk for even 1 minute it's clear she's not one.

Ok, my opinion on their types (focusing on the Feeling function)...

Arian Grande: strikes me as more Fi than Fe, ESFP?
Kelly Clarkson: Fi/Te... ENFP?
Taylor Swift: I'm not quite sure at this point (just sounds like boring illuminati music... or are all these guys illuminati?)
Mariah Carey: wow... that's a lot of feeling. I think it would have to be Fi, right? :huh: ISFP?
Hilary Duff: I -think- she's Fe but not Fe dominant... so ISFJ seems most likely, but I'm considering certain other types too... like I'm half tempted to say INTP or something
Selena Gomez: sorry, I can't take her seriously enough to type her at the moment... I guess I'm very close minded
Whitney Houston: Fe dominant works, though ENFJ sits better with me
Beyonce: I usually see her typed as either INFJ or ISFP... I think Fe, so I'll go with INFJ

btw: my typings are based on the level of emotion I hear in their music (just now listening to a couple minutes of each, tbh...) - using a silly steretype of Fi users having "deep" emotions and Fe users having more "expressive" emotions if that makes sense, and a little bit of cross-checking to see if what I hear makes sense. I might be way off with -at least- some of these haha.