• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Truth about INFJs

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Her vibe reminds me of my boyfriend's father who is also ESTJ. He uses a bizarre form of "passive aggression" where he will tell dominating "jokes". For example, I once thanked him and his wife for taking us out to dinner, and he pointed at me and said, "Now get on your knees and say it".

What the fuck?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I just want to say, it's going to be especially hard to know what type she is actually referring to with respect to her self typing because she mixes socionics and mbti, and some of her videos are much more about socionics, and INFP in one does not equal INFP in the other. iow Her self typing as INFJ 6w7 as well as INFP might be one and the same.

Can someone point me to where she says she is an INFP? It is not in this video, it's not in her intro, and she identifes as socionics Fi which is MBTI Fe.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can someone point me to where she says she is an INFP? It is not in this video, it's not in her intro, and she identifes as socionics Fi which is MBTI Fe.

I don't have any idea actually, just assuming it had been said.

So then she identifies as socionics Fi, thus INFj in socionics as well? What a mess. (and many people believe the two are one and the same, thus if Fi in socionics, have to be Fi in mbti - that may be where mbti INFP typing came from). Socionics is a completely different world to me; to me I don't know that I see socionics Fi as a direct link to mbti Fe, it's more of a mishmash of both to me. But I totally agree it's not directly the same as mbti Fi at all. It's apples to oranges.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I don't have any idea actually, just assuming it had been said.

So then she identifies as socionics Fi, thus INFj in socionics as well? What a mess. Socionics is a completely different world to me; to me I don't know that I see socionics Fi as a direct link to mbti Fe, it's more of a mishmash of both to me. But I totally agree it's not directly the same as mbti Fi at all. It's apples to oranges.

I don't even know anymore! I am getting so confused here! *laughs* :spindance:

Where's that little wizard emoticon, that's the one I need!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even know anymore! I am getting so confused here! *laughs* :spindance:

Where's that little wizard emoticon, that's the one I need!

haha.

Well I guess my point stands - she plays with both socionics and mbti, so who knows what she's referring to! ;)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
haha.

Well I guess my point stands - she plays with both socionics and mbti, so who knows what she's referring to! ;)

ok, in this one, she identifies with MBTI Fe again. She's an NFJ type to me, it seems very apparent.

eta: on her FB page, she talks about MBTI Ni too. That's all I got.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ok, in this one, she identifies with MBTI Fe again. She's an NFJ type to me, it seems very apparent.

I certainly can't see myself in her effusiveness and 'outward' display of emotion and smiles like she focuses on, so I do agree she has more of the warmth and emotional range (in terms of display/carrying of herself/external focus/displaying what she wants or feels needs to be displayed and is appropriate to what she is wanting to accomplish) that I associate with mbti Fe. I have a LOT of trouble seeing her as mbti Fi.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, no, that's my bad. I didn't realize she describes all the types. I don't watch many MBTI videos, so I don't know the culture of it. The video reads INFP and she describes it with a feeling that I thought was talking from first person experience. For some reason I didn't realize people make videos about other types they don't identify with. Somehow it wouldn't occur to me to make a video about ESTPs or some other type. Why is she a point of reference for anything? How is she expert on every type? I think those kinds of videos are not helpful for making sense of this (unless someone is describing their own type). Perhaps if a psychologist or someone who has delved into it enough to have some credibility?

Edit: although I will say, I still think there is a strong likelihood she is describing herself in that video.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, no, that's my bad. I didn't realize she describes all the types. I don't watch many MBTI videos, so I don't know the culture of it. The video reads INFP and she describes it with a feeling that I thought was talking from first person experience. For some reason I didn't realize people make videos about other types they don't identify with. Somehow it wouldn't occur to me to make a video about ESTPs or some other type. Why is she a point of reference for anything? How is she expert on every type? I think those kinds of videos are not helpful for making sense of this (unless someone is describing their own type). Perhaps if a psychologist or someone who has delved into it enough to have some credibility?

Edit: although I will say, I still think there is a strong likelihood she is describing herself in that video.

She was #11 out of 300 chosen for the competitive psychology program at her university!!! :wink:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She was #11 out of 300 chosen for the psychology program at her university!!! :wink:
Perhaps after her studies she will have more objectivity. I find it discouraging because after watching the INFJ vs. ISFJ video, her analyses are extremely biased. She's off-base and adding to the mess that is already a big part of MBTI. It is an extension of the Vicky Jo issue which has been terribly destructive to the Jungian ideas.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Perhaps after her studies she will have more objectivity. I find it discouraging because after watching the INFJ vs. ISFJ video, her analyses are extremely biased. She's off-base and adding to the mess that is already a big part of MBTI. It is an extension of the Vicky Jo issue which has been terribly destructive to the Jungian ideas.

For $60 an hour, she's probably looking to subsidize her schooling (or at least have some fun money) with this gig. ;)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

eta: on her FB page, she talks about MBTI Ni too. That's all I got.

I actually agree with alot of what she says on this one

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ok...this one...actually i see quite a bit of what she says tied to an immature EFP type, not INFP. INFPs are internally judgemental, but dont force it onto the world, not even in a guilt trip manner. Its for personal understanding. She need to go back to the drawing board with INFPs, and start from scratch.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok...this one...actually i see quite a bit of what she says tied to an immature EFP type, not INFP. INFPs are internally judgemental, but dont force it onto the world, not even in a guilt trip manner. Its for personal understanding. She need to go back to the drawing board with INFPs, and start from scratch.
Yes as an infp i might be judging you but heres the thing i don't label you as a baf person because your values don't match mine. And i usually don't judge based on that because as long as your not harming anyone i couldn't give less of a fuck. Fi users usually don't go around forcing their beliefs on others and insisting others live like them. I don't want people to tell me how to live so it be hypocritical for me to tell them how to live.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something about her face/demeanor/expression pisses me off.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe people from this site should make videos about their own type? There are some very articulate posters for each type and that could lend more credible options for people to view. I really think a lot of types are getting terribly distorted in the available material.

For $60 an hour, she's probably looking to subsidize her schooling (or at least have some fun money) with this gig. ;)
okay i'm done... :offtobed:

Yes as an infp i might be judging you but heres the thing i don't label you as a baf person because your values don't match mine. And i usually don't judge based on that because as long as your not harming anyone i couldn't give less of a fuck. Fi users usually don't go around forcing their beliefs on others and insisting others live like them. I don't want people to tell me how to live so it be hypocritical for me to tell them how to live.
The whole issue with socializing the judgement is also not very Fi-like. The gossiping she refers to is a way to generate external judgments and that isn't what Fi is going to do by itself (I don't know about Te using it or whatever, but not Fi itself as a function). Fi works it out internally, and while it can be off-base, it is usually built on an entire structure of judgment, not the kind of information that works as gossip, which is more about quick soundbites. A Fi-judgement is going to be more thought through, and sometimes incredibly complex.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Maybe people from this site should make videos about their own type? There are some very articulate posters for each type and that could lend more credible options for people to view. I really think a lot of types are getting terribly distorted in the available material.

okay i'm done... :offtobed:

The whole issue with socializing the judgement is also not very Fi-like. The gossiping she refers to is a way to generate external judgments and that isn't what Fi is going to do by itself (I don't know about Te using it or whatever, but not Fi itself as a function). Fi works it out internally, and while it can be off-base, it is usually built on an entire structure of judgment, not the kind of information that works as gossip, which is more about quick soundbites. A Fi-judgement is going to be more thought through, and sometimes incredibly complex.
Exactly

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:offtopic:
This is mildly off-topic, however, if someone (perhaps some of us here?) wanted to do these typing videos right, you would find at least two people, male and female, that solidly represent a given type, and then interview them for the video. To be comprehensive you could have four people, two men, two women, at least one young, middle, and senior-aged. That way you could see the non-verbal body language, eye communication, vocal inflections, etc. It is actually extremely confusing to have one type talking about another type when you don't know who or what they are because it confuses the sense of non-verbal communication, and calls into question the accuracy of the information. What is the point of seeing a video about one type describing another? Why not just audio track?

Wouldn't it be really interesting to have a video for each type starting with a teenager-early adult, then a couple of middle-aged people, and finally an elderly person all talking about their sense of their type and its functions? Has anyone done something like this?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is mildly off-topic, however, if someone (perhaps some of us here?) wanted to do these typing videos right, you would find at least two people, male and female, that solidly represent a given type, and then interview them for the video. To be comprehensive you could have four people, two men, two women, at least one young, middle, and senior-aged. That way you could see the non-verbal body language, eye communication, vocal inflections, etc. It is actually extremely confusing to have one type talking about another type when you don't know who or what they are because it confuses the sense of non-verbal communication, and calls into question the accuracy of the information. What is the point of seeing a video about one type describing another? Why not just audio track?

Wouldn't it be really interesting to have a video for each type starting with a teenager-early adult, then a couple of middle-aged people, and finally an elderly person all talking about their sense of their type and its functions? Has anyone done something like this?

Sounds like a good idea. Let's just hope that they are accurately typed.

á´…eparted

passages

We've had threads similar to this in the vein of "talk about your type", but I'd love to have videos where it was more structured and official. I'd personally like to see it for both enneagram and for MBTI. As far as I can tell we have at least one representive from every type here.

You should start a thread on this! Maybe [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] could help structure such a thing?