• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Murder of George Floyd & Subsequent Protests/Riots

Lark

Anti-racism training and trying to help people become aware of whatever white privilege they may have is not acting like every person with an implicit bias is a racist horrible person with no logic. If there's an anti-racist training facilitator who is rounding up white people to convince them they are racist, horrible people with no logic - and not effectively coaching how to become aware of implicit bias - then it's the teacher that's flawed/"racist" against white people, not the curriculum.

I dont have all the answers by any stretch of the imagination but I can see how every anti-racist measure could become an interface or opportunity for ideological racists (as opposed to people who simply have unconscious biases) to organize around.

Its one of those difficult dichotomies you dont want to necessarily keep alive.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why do you believe this media? Do you only agree with the media that is confirming your bias?

This isn't "the media". This is Jason Rantz writing an opinion piece. Wouldn't it be nice if he occasionally posted things from independent, investigative journalists, not a right winger "content creator" grifter writing shit that the right can hold up and go SEE!! TOLD YOU!!

No idiot, you got played.

Every time they hold up a "think piece" from Breibart or Reason or the National Review lol, they retreat into the bubble further. They'll never come out and join the rest of the country. Ever wonder why they talk like riots and violent ANTIFA thugs are in their front yard when in realty they are hundreds, if not, thousands of miles away? Because people like Jason Rantz telling them they are. Right around the corner. OMG!!!

Lark

This isn't "the media". This is Jason Rantz writing an opinion piece. Wouldn't it be nice if he occasionally posted things from independent, investigative journalists, not a right winger "content creator" grifter writing shit that the right can hold up and go SEE!! TOLD YOU!!

No idiot, you got played.

Every time they hold up a "think piece" from Breibart or Reason or the National Review lol, they retreat into the bubble further. They'll never come out and join the rest of the country. Ever wonder why they talk like riots and violent ANTIFA thugs are in their front yard when in realty they are hundreds, if not, thousands of miles away? Because people like Jason Rantz telling them they are. Right around the corner. OMG!!!

I know its pseudo-media at best but media is media, right wingers talk like its the people versus the media but it seems much, much more like its choose your poison when it comes to some media these days and people just choose to life inside the filter bubble as often and as much as they can.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont have all the answers by any stretch of the imagination but I can see how every anti-racist measure could become an interface or opportunity for ideological racists (as opposed to people who simply have unconscious biases) to organize around.

Its one of those difficult dichotomies you dont want to necessarily keep alive.

My point in the original post, where I shared a link about Trump trying to cancel "anti-racist training" because it's "anti-American" and "racist against white people", is that it inadvertently belies the implicit racism in the people making the claim.

There may well be racists against white people who gravitate to these sorts of jobs, but saying the job shouldn't exist because these people with chips on their shoulders might want it is like saying, "Protect the white people from racism at all costs! We might expose a white person to someone who doesn't like them (because they're white) in our attempt to remove the rampant implicit bias in our government against people of color, and it's not worth that risk!!"

And I mean, it's one thing to articulate the problem correctly and its another to call the whole operation (and the concept of white privilege, alleging it's more damaging for white people to hear about it than it is for people of color to begin with) racist and "anti-American." The latter is ripe with "the lady doth protest too much" projection.

eta: And I mean, if someone gets defensive and angry about the phrase "white privilege", that's practically proof positive there's implicit racism involved that they can't handle looking at. It's like [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] said about people revealing themselves with telling comments; people with the same implicit bias aren't going to recognize it, and they can create a sort of echo chamber where they can remain blind to it and believe all such accusations are bullshit, but people on the outside of that cess pool can see it for what it is.

Jaguar

It's amusing to see a group of people attempt to "solve" high levels of cognitive and philosophical aspects of the human condition- on a mass, society wide scale- when it's unclear whether or not an individual can do as much for themselves when they are actually willing and trying. Is there anyone who is seriously into this stuff that has actually solved their own penchant for implicit bias? While trying? Most of us with 1001 more pressing matters to deal with don't care, and blanket decrees from crazy activists aren't going to change how much we care, how much we do despite not caring, and if we are being completely honest- those activists aren't going to change a god damned thing. Except, of course, the economic prospects for decades to come of all the cities they've burned and rioted in. And this group- a blind rage driven mob of brainless primates- is the enlightened one we are supposed to be listening to on deep philosophical, spiritual, and cognitive matters? HI-LAR-I-OUS.

Primates. Interesting word choice. I don't even know which group you're referring to, considering how many are playing the game. On a side note - just because a person taps a pencil on a desk doesn't make them a drummer. And just because a person starts a blog to vomit words on a page doesn't make them "the media."

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you believe this media? Do you only agree with the media that is confirming your bias?

I checked out the link, just out of curiousity, and it's chock full of gaslighting red flags in itself*. He links four videos of riot footage (and I'm barely ceding to "riot footage", because there's not much happening in it) and seems to think that even remotely proves his delusional claims. This piece was 100% written for those whose confirmation bias will embrace it.

My own Twitter feed has been flooded with calm images of Chicago and Seattle, from people outside having lunch wondering where all these violent riots are (with "I guess I just barely missed it?" type jokes). If there's so much violent rioting, why does the right keep using so much "riot footage" from other countries? These are the kinds of things that make it difficult to maintain even a modicum of curiosity.

*eta: I should look for my books on gaslighting and start a thread about red flags, since there's so much of it going on en masse these days.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time

The vast majority of Black Lives Matter protests—more than 93%—have been peaceful, according to a new report published Thursday by a nonprofit that researches political violence and protests across the world.

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) analyzed more than 7,750 Black Lives Matter demonstrations in all 50 states and Washington D.C. that took place in the wake of George Floyd’s death between May 26 and August 22.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
But.....that one guy posted FOUR videos of (almost) riot-like happenings. There's no way he could have gotten that much footage if the "protests" weren't mostly riots. It's rational, definitive proof the communist libtarded media is trying to gaslight us.

They're also claiming that there was "terrorism" afoot. I would love to see the SS MAGANOCLUEHOWTOHANDLEABOAT on Lake Michigan, maybe hmmm...this afternoon.

EhMBFUaUcAAECB9.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're also claiming that there was "terrorism" afoot. I would love to see the SS MAGANOCLUEHOWTOHANDLEABOAT on Lake Michigan, maybe hmmm...this afternoon.

Lol.

Favorite Twitter comment yesterday: "I like boats that don't sink. Losers! SAD!"

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

I appreciate that they are trying to keep it peaceful, but is this what we like to see?

Are we making things better?

Is this progress?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen more than a couple sources claim that wakes from the bigger boats are what sank the smaller ones. If true, as at least one source pointed out, it's the perfect metaphor: less wealthy 45 supporters being sunk by the thoughtlessness of those wealthier (it isn't inevitable for bigger boats to sink smaller ones, it only happens when they're not careful about the ripples their own boats makes) and blaming it on the left/terrorism. Trickle down economy works, lower the taxes so everyone can thrive!!! And when everyone doesn't thrive, it's NOT because money is pooling at the top at a phenomenal rate and being used to tightly secure ownership of the means of production - it's because the people at the bottom working extra jobs just to cover the cost of living are lazy "sheeple."

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Member of conservative group ran over by leftist following vigil

Once the guy started his vehicle up and started to drive off, he hit Shane. Shane tried to get out of the way and the guy ran him over.

Looks like a concussion and a brain bleed, which is no joke. I wonder why nobody considers this news.

Also wonder why people are using this thread to talk about boats sinking, while there's a mountain of ignored items that are actually on topic.