• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Jaguar

Trump raises $495 million since mid-October, including a massive haul fueled by misleading appeals about election fraud

Suckers.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Temper tantrums with guns.

NYTimes Briefing

1. Dozens of Trump supporters, some armed, went to the home of Jocelyn Benson, Michigan’s Democratic secretary of state, and began shouting obscenities.

2. On Twitter, Trump supporters have posted photographs of the home of Ann Jacobs, a Wisconsin official, and mentioned her children.

3. In Phoenix, about 100 Trump supporters, some armed, protested at the building where officials were counting votes.

4. In Vermont, officials received a voice message threatening them with “execution by firing squad.”

5. Seth Bluestein, a Philadelphia official, received anti-Semitic and violent threats after Pam Bondi, a Trump ally, publicly mentioned him.

6. A Georgia poll worker went into hiding after a viral video falsely claimed he had discarded ballots.

7. Brad Raffensperger, Georgia’s Republican secretary of state, and his wife have received death threats, including by text message, and caravans have circled their house.

8. Gabriel Sterling, another Georgia official, received a message wishing him a happy birthday and saying it would be his last.

Jaguar

What the Science of Addiction Tells Us About Trump
It turns out that your brain on grievances looks a lot like your brain on drugs. And that’s a problem not just for the outgoing president, but for the rest of us.

Opinion | What the Science of Addiction Tells Us About Trump - POLITICO

Like substance addiction, revenge addiction appears to spread from person to person. For instance, inner-city gun violence spreads in neighborhoods like a social contagion, with one person’s grievances infecting others with a desire to seek vengeance. Because of his unique position and use of the media and social networks, Trump is able to spread his grievances to thousands or millions of others through Twitter, TV and rallies. His demand for retribution becomes their demand, causing his supporters to crave retaliation—and, in a vicious cycle, this in turn causes Trump’s targets and their supporters to feel aggrieved and want to retaliate, too.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

For they sow the wind,
and they shall reap the whirlwind.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Their chanting at the end brings to mind this...

On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forbes: Twitter Confirms Trump Could Be Banned After Inauguration Day For Repeated Violations

Warning labels and fact checks have not stopped President Trump from continuing to spread conspiracy theories and use violent rhetoric on Twitter, but after Inauguration Day, those kinds of tweets could land the outgoing president in hot water, and eventually cause him to be banned by the platform, a Twitter spokesperson told Forbes Thursday.

KEY FACTS

Trump is currently shielded by Twitter’s “World Leaders policy,” which means the social media company will in most cases choose to leave up a tweet that breaks its rules, a policy established on the principle that most people would like to see what their heads of state are saying.

This policy has allowed Trump to spread conspiracy theories about issues such as Covid-19 and the election, and tweet violent threats—such as “When the looting starts, the shooting starts!” as he did back in June—without fear of punishment.

A Twitter spokesperson—who spoke to Forbes on the condition of anonymity—said it does not have “special rules” for Trump, and would not discuss whether the company had internal deliberations about what would happen if it had to ban the president once he leaves office.

I wonder how long it will take for him to set up another format somewhere. He won't last long without the 'world leader protection'.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Forbes: Twitter Confirms Trump Could Be Banned After Inauguration Day For Repeated Violations

Warning labels and fact checks have not stopped President Trump from continuing to spread conspiracy theories and use violent rhetoric on Twitter, but after Inauguration Day, those kinds of tweets could land the outgoing president in hot water, and eventually cause him to be banned by the platform, a Twitter spokesperson told Forbes Thursday.

KEY FACTS

Trump is currently shielded by Twitter’s “World Leaders policy,” which means the social media company will in most cases choose to leave up a tweet that breaks its rules, a policy established on the principle that most people would like to see what their heads of state are saying.

This policy has allowed Trump to spread conspiracy theories about issues such as Covid-19 and the election, and tweet violent threats—such as “When the looting starts, the shooting starts!” as he did back in June—without fear of punishment.

A Twitter spokesperson—who spoke to Forbes on the condition of anonymity—said it does not have “special rules” for Trump, and would not discuss whether the company had internal deliberations about what would happen if it had to ban the president once he leaves office.

I wonder how long it will take for him to set up another format somewhere. He won't last long without the 'world leader protection'.
There is already a social media platform called "Parlor" that Trumpublicans are using. I think it's why some of our gun toting 'friends' are missing from these discussions lately.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is already a social media platform called "Parlor" that Trumpublicans are using. I think it's why some of our gun toting 'friends' are missing from these discussions lately.

They didn't actually exist, anyway. They were just Russian bots. Back to brunch, everybody! Looks like it's back on the menu.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, the loudest voices on my Fb list have disappeared too - I assume for the same reason. I haven't visited the site, but it sounds horrifying. I guess I hope it'll prove to be such a threat (violent shitheads not even being careful about plotting violence) that there'll be legal recourse to shut it down. If they just stick to conspiracy theories though, we're screwed.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They didn't actually exist, anyway. They were just Russian bots. Back to brunch, everybody! Looks like it's back on the menu.

At least one of the few Parler founders is a Russian woman who was involved in 2016 election tampering. (Too lazy to find article, but it was covered by a couple different sources/shouldn't be hard to find).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Actually, it's spelled wrong -- "Parler" instead of what we expect it to be ("parlor").

Maybe someone else owned the copyright to "parlor". Or maybe they just suck at spelling. The sad thing is the latter is a definite possibility in that corner of (un)reality. i know, i know, i'm getting petty