• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs and Science

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tell me, are you a science buff?

I like field sciences where one gets to observe nature, collect rocks, insects, or whatever tickles my fancy. Astronomy, botany, geology, entomology, comparative anatomy....all very interesting.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Life sciences. Animals, nature an dynamics, relationships. Microrganisms

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tell me, are you a science buff?

I like field sciences where one gets to observe nature, collect rocks, insects, or whatever tickles my fancy. Astronomy, botany, geology, entomology, comparative anatomy....all very interesting.

Though liked all of my science classes, I definitely liked biology, ecology, and the physical sciences the most.

I remember in late elementary school buying a bag of 50 rocks and minerals from Yellowstone National Park, having fun looking through them. I also thought a polishing-rock machine my mom got me for xmas one year was really cool. I really got into birding too as a kid, and learning all about birds. Then, I majored in Ecology, ethology, and evolution in college. These days though, I primarily stick to the natural world, observing and photographing it.

SwimmerGal97

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a science buff, I don't like sitting in the classroom and find it boring and unstimulating. I do love a good nature documentary though, I like learning in my own time (What i want, when I want, how I want or for example I remember going on hikes and my dad teaching me about identifying different birds which I enjoyed as 1. I could actually see the bird in real life and 2. I have a memory to attach to the knowledge which makes it more memorable. Classrooms are monotonous, if there's nothing special to it, everything the blurs into one) and I like being out in nature, I prefer to be in the fields observing different birds (for example) for myself. My best science was chemistry because firstly, there's a lot of memory involved and secondly, on the organic side which is my preferred side, there's a lot of drawing so I can learn visually. As for physics...no. :L

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm... I got a perfect on the science section of my ACT in high school and I read books about science for fun... and I was really excited to receive my lab kits for anatomy and physiology and chemistry this past semester as well :)

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
I do like science, but more particularly life sciences like physiologie, neurosciences, genetics... That's why I've been studying all that in college, I needed to understand how the human body works, but also the mechanics behind decision making, emotional responses...

So yes, biology has always been my favorite subject at school but not when it was about minerals, environment or animals...only about humans.

Tater

i enjoy learning about computer science, biology, and astronomy.

in general, i believe scientific evidence provides an excellent basis for making decisions.