• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should we be celebrating Christmas?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] Looks like a Christmas candy cane hell. How cold does it get there?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] Looks like a Christmas candy cane hell. How cold does it get there?

Differences around the country are quite large since various parts have different climate. However in nights during winter it can go all the way down to about 0 degrees F.

As I was saying it is anti-depression thing. Especially since there is only about 7 hours of daylight in Christmas part of the year, plus clouds and very dense fog are likely to challange even that.
So our winters look more like this through most of the country.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] I like the first picture. It looks peaceful and warm. I miss living in the South right now. :cry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] I like the first picture. It looks peaceful and warm. I miss living in the South right now. :cry:

In that case I recommend celebrating Christmas. It helps with faster passing by of time. :alttongue:

Peaceful and warm ? I hope this is sarcasm because those pictures look more like places from horror movie that is on the basis "Ehh ... we made the wrong turn".
However I got used to seeing stuff like that to be honest.

But there is other side of the story. When clouds completely cover the lowground you can see surreal pictures in the mountains.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In that case I recommend celebrating Christmas. It helps with faster passing by of time. :alttongue:

I'm doing one thing that's special, but not really special. I'm sending a couple people things, and the things don't completely fill up the box. I don't want fragile things shaking around, so I'm stuffing the top of the box with popcorn, like my dad taught me. He'd buy the big cheap bags of popcorn. Sometimes stuff toys in the middle of the bag, or other times just pack things around the bag of popcorn.

I'll do the popcorn thing, and these people will experience something of mine. I'd like to send the fancy caramel corn that I make. I put peanuts and pretzels in it and melt marshmallows on the popcorn. It's good, even when it's not fresh. But I don't know. It seems like a bit much, like I'm taking my dad's thing and making it stupid.

Other than that, probably not doing much. No tree or anything, cause it's just another way for the baby to hurt herself.

Did you set up a tree?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm doing one thing that's special, but not really special. I'm sending a couple people things, and the things don't completely fill up the box. I don't want fragile things shaking around, so I'm stuffing the top of the box with popcorn, like my dad taught me. He'd buy the big cheap bags of popcorn. Sometimes stuff toys in the middle of the bag, or other times just pack things around the bag of popcorn.

I'll do the popcorn thing, and these people will experience something of mine. I'd like to send the fancy caramel corn that I make. I put peanuts and pretzels in it and melt marshmallows on the popcorn. It's good, even when it's not fresh. But I don't know. It seems like a bit much, like I'm taking my dad's thing and making it stupid.

Other than that, probably not doing much. No tree or anything, cause it's just another way for the baby to hurt herself.

Did you set up a tree?

Not yet, but I will soon. However as any other year I will do that in my parents place, where we make a tree for entire family.
My mother makes cakes and cookes, my father pays everything and we are all in balance. :)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Why not ? I actually like how my country looks in Christmas time. :D

After all the whole thing is traditionally just a fight against winter weather depression.

It looks so majestic. Quite striking.

Mole

Permabanned
It looks so majestic. Quite striking.

The majesty is so cold. The ultra violet sunshine disappears. The snow is pretty at first and then turns to slush. It seems the majesty will never end.

Anyway it is all for the God of the Book and His birthday, while in the antipodes the God of the Book is dead and the God of the Internet disports in the warm and brilliant sunshine.

The Cat

Staff member
The majesty is so cold. The ultra violet sunshine disappears. The snow is pretty at first and then turns to slush. It seems the majesty will never end.

Anyway it is all for the God of the Book and His birthday, while in the antipodes the God of the Book is dead and the God of the Internet disports in the warm and brilliant sunshine.

It's going to be 85 degrees on christmas. I suppose we may not wish to handle any incan wish bowls at the same time...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My baby got a Santa dress from an in-law. Should I put the satanic thing on my baby and send a pic to the in-law? I don't know. I am both mesmerized and pissed off when I look at the dress.

The Cat

Staff member
My baby got a Santa dress from an in-law. Should I put the satanic thing on my baby and send a pic to the in-law? I don't know. I am both mesmerized and pissed off when I look at the dress.

:huh:But isnt it just a dress?:shrug::blush:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh:But isnt it just a dress?:shrug::blush:

I've had two paranormal experiences involving Santa Claus. It wasn't just my imagination either. I had other people with me and they saw it too. As an adult, I contacted those people on Facebook, and they don't think we imagined it. Now I believe that it was a sinister thing. i don't know where its powers come from, but maybe from seeing its face all over everything. And now it is on the dress. Some things are neutral, but this dress is on the other side, isn't it?

Mole

Permabanned
The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality.

This is key for children, and it is difficult to learn because we respond in almost the same way to imagination as we do to reality.

And indeed magic is the elision of imagination and reality. For instance, young poets want their love poems to come true, while old poets know poems do nothing.

And Christmas is part of the play of children. Children play with an imagined Santa and the reality of their parents, and so become enchanted by the magic of Christmas, and at the same time are learning the difference between the imagination (Santa) and reality (their parents).

The Cat

Staff member
The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality.

This is key for children, and it is difficult to learn because we respond in almost the same way to imagination as we do to reality.

And indeed magic is the elision of imagination and reality. For instance, young poets want their love poems to come true, while old poets know poems do nothing.

And Christmas is part of the play of children. Children play with an imagined Santa and the reality of their parents, and so become enchanted by the magic of Christmas, and at the same time are learning the difference between the imagination (Santa) and reality (their parents).

That was so hauntingly sad Mole.:wubbie:

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meh.

If you like Christmas, celebrate it. If you're against it, then don't. It's really not that complicated. Just because you don't value it doesn't mean others don't.

I swear. If people had this mentality, then we wouldn't have such trivial issues.

Lark

Of course we fucking should, little enough reason to celebrate anything as there is, miserable bastards.

Have you even read Christmas Carol Ebaneezar?

Marley was dead.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meh.

If you like Christmas, celebrate it. If you're against it, then don't. It's really not that complicated. Just because you don't value it doesn't mean others don't.

I swear. If people had this mentality, then we wouldn't have such trivial issues.

The issue isn't about what one ultimately does. That's a separate issue. We are just discussing whether it is moral and the effects it has on society, for the sake of conversation. It's different, no?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course we fucking should, little enough reason to celebrate anything as there is, miserable bastards.

Have you even read Christmas Carol Ebaneezar?

Scrooge was a small business owner. He needed to save money so that he could re-invest it in his business and create more jobs.