• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensor Support Group

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ss, you re right, your life isnt magically better and yes, we have no idea what its like on your side but that also goes both ways.

You dont want us to invalidate your concerns? Great, how about you do the same for us and stop calling the very real struggle we have in the real world 'playing the victim' and 'a myth'. From personal experience, i can assure you it is very real.

Never have I ever seen a thread set out to bash intuitive types. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

There is no "our side" vs. "your side." My struggles irl have nothing to do with MBTI. Intuitives don't put me down irl for being a sensor, nor do I see sensors putting down intuitives irl for being intuitive.

As far as I'm concerned, MBTI has rarely done anything positive. All it has done has created a way for people to put down people of a different group. It creates and us vs them mentality and creates reasons for people to shit on others, like you are doing right now.

Want to make an intuitive support thread? Fine. Go ahead! But get your bullshit out of this thread.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never have I ever seen a thread set out to bash intuitive types. So no, it doesn't go both ways. There is no "our side" vs. "your side." My struggles irl have nothing to do with MBTI. Intuitives don't put me down irl for being a sensor, nor do I see sensors putting down intuitives irl for being intuitive. As far as I'm concerned, MBTI has rarely done anything positive. All it has done has created a way for people to put down people of a different group. It creates and us vs them mentality and creates reasons for people to shit on others, like you are doing right now. Want to make an intuitive support thread? Fine. Go ahead! But get your bullshit out of this thread.
Calling it bullshit is being just as dismissive as Ns have been about your plight here. And that is the problem.

I also shared with you that for me, this stuff was very real in the real world. The insults i relayed regarding my clumsy nature and impractical approach to life are as well.

Doing so is not meant to shit on you or put you down. I have absolutely no interest in creating an us vs them. In fact, that already exists. Im merely trying to bridge it through perspective and understanding.
But sure - this is a vent thread and as such i did say i would leave you to it. :shrug:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Calling it bullshit is being just as dismissive as Ns have been about your plight here. And that is the problem.
I also shared with you that for me, this stuff was very real in the real world. The insults i relayed regarding my clumsy nature and impractical approach to life are as well.
But sure - this is a vent thread and as such i did say i would leave you to it. :shrug:

You think that me being a sensor makes me magically not clumsy and magically know how to navigate life in the most prractical manner? I do not have any advantage over you from being a sensor.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think that me being a sensor makes me magically not clumsy and magically know how to navigate life in the most prractical manner? I do not have any advantage over you from being a sensor.
I never said it did :)
I merely stated that these are some of the examples that were used to put me down. These are my weaknesses. Ans yes, it tupically was SPs who commented on my clumsiness and SJs that commented on my tardiness in the real world. And that frustrated me so i needed to vent.
Its something that typically comes naturally to them so it confuses and annoys thrm when others dont have that ability, ime.
meanwhile, i honestly feel you underestimate the natural strengths your preference bestows on you - probably because they are so natural to you. I remember watching my mom growing up and wishing for just half her ability to do what she did best. Meanwhile my dad would put her down for her lack of supposed intelligence but he was lost without her as his anchor. I admired her strentgh and tenacity as well as her ability to get shit done and yes, i was envious of it.
/ 2 cents

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
For lack of better words, when Sensors complain about mistreatment, it's like white Europeans in the age of colonialism complaining about racism directed towards them. You guys have most of the 'real' world all to yourselves. So suck it up and let us Intuitive types take part of the cake. :) Even if it's just over the internet.

Now I don't intend to personally discriminate against SJ types, but I feel that you guys have so much of a monopoly in most things that any perceived 'discrimination' or 'bias' against you in an internet forum is negligible in the greater scheme of things.

this is it, sensors run the world to maintain trade monopoly in the name of "free trade"

I'm not against any of you guys and gals on an individual level, but truth is, many Intuitive, especially, NF types, have been marginalized and invalidated for so long in this world that's only getting more and more cold and harsh. You can't really blame many of our negative reactions, because the SJ-dominated world has imposed too much on us throughout the ages, against our will and without consideration for our unique traits and preferences. If we did a role reversal, how would SJs feel in a world dominated by NFs, especially those types with Fi as their primary function?

Pls, the great thing about Fi users and how we tend to get along is that we generally leave each other alone

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a lot of to say about this, but I agree with /DG/ that this shouldn't be made into an us vs them battle.

I said this is another thread, but I believe that many "N" problems are human problems that is the result of modern life (I was going to say capitalistic system, but I think Chinese people have these major problems as well if not more so).

Anyway organization is a skill that even I an ISTJ had to learn. What people said about mbti made me feel bad for not being good at it, but then I decided to actively try and improve it and did. I am doing the same thing for imagination, or well I guess visualization is a better word. I just want you all to know that you could probably gain the skills of the other type or even your own by actually working in them.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I have a lot of to say about this, but I agree with /DG/ that this shouldn't be made into an us vs them battle.

I said this is another thread, but I believe that many "N" problems are human problems that is the result of modern life (I was going to say capitalistic system, but I think Chinese people have these major problems as well if not more so).

Anyway organization is a skill that even I an ISTJ had to learn. What people said about mbti made me feel bad for not being good at it, but then I decided to actively try and improve it and did. I am doing the same thing for imagination, or well I guess visualization is a better word. I just want you all to know that you could probably gain the skills of the other type or even your own by actually working in them.

Very well said.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Guys - you re both venting, and it is both legit.

So let eachother vent.

The point of my post was that putting other types down is not useful. Sure, talk about how particular sensors have been jerks to you - that's valid. The more traditionalistic kind of SJ is a lot more likely to shame others who are "impractical" etc. But venting about how all sensors are one particular way, and are therefore inferior*, is misleading. People read that venting post, and whether the person writing it actually believed it or not, others will believe it. And posting misleading information on typology, in a forum like this, is unhealthy.

*not saying you did this! but this was what my post was about.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

China is very capitalistic right now. I'd say nepotistic as well, but there isn't a capitalist system that isn't nepotistic.

The contemporary capitalist system favours the usage of Te function not just in terms of organisation, but also in terms of favouring bottomline, action, "objective" data from experts... (I put this in inverted commas because the production of knowledge is never neutral). And allegedly the highest-earning type is ENTJ.

People want to fight because despite the N type being elevated as being more "intelligent", these people have amounted to nothing and thus like to maintain both a sense of superiority, intellect-wise, and also, justify their lack of achievement with a warped logic about who rules the world. I don't see the point of fighting, but I also don't see why I can't mock them for being foolish.

What does genuinely bother me is when people talk about S types in a certain way, because not only does it keep people from identifying as an S type, perpetuates stereotypes, and often helps to reinforce the perception of inferiority in people who are looking for something to help guide them along, find out that they're probably Sensors, and then blame their type for it. It doesn't seem to happen with N types because it's so easy to tell yourself "sure, I'm one of the rare types, so I'm misunderstood", in comparison with S types who are blamed for a) ruling the world b) not being smart enough c) or being imaginative enough. From a larger-picture perspective, community-wise, I find that it is crucial to at least speak out against stereotypes in the typology community.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
At the end of the day we are all humans who face many of the same universal problems such as worrying about money, being loved, being valuable, having kind and caring people in your life and Ns and Ss both being of the human realm share those core fears so to me personally it makes zero sense to divide S vs N regarding needs when they both need and want the same things.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The point of my post was that putting other types down is not useful. Sure, talk about how particular sensors have been jerks to you - that's valid. The more traditionalistic kind of SJ is a lot more likely to shame others who are "impractical" etc. But venting about how all sensors are one particular way, and are therefore inferior*, is misleading. People read that venting post, and whether the person writing it actually believed it or not, others will believe it. And posting misleading information on typology, in a forum like this, is unhealthy.

*not saying you did this! but this was what my post was about.

Oh agreed. Its what i meant with 'anchored because it wasnt challenged enough due to the lack of Ss at the beginning'. And so it became part of the culture.
Its also why i proposed that we actively confine it to just venting and in a few threads instead of it getting free reign as it once did. That said, I also wanted to make clear that it did start out as this thread did, borne from the same motivation and that it did fulfill a useful and necessary purpose.
It would be a shame to see the pendulum swing too far the other way again and get a rebellious reaction on the other side again when we have a chance to optimize and understand it now.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People want to fight because despite the N type being elevated as being more "intelligent", these people have amounted to nothing and thus like to maintain both a sense of superiority, intellect-wise, and also, justify their lack of achievement with a warped logic about who rules the world. I don't see the point of fighting, but I also don't see why I can't mock them for being foolish.

What does genuinely bother me is when people talk about S types in a certain way,
because not only does it keep people from identifying as an S type, perpetuates stereotypes, and often helps to reinforce the perception of inferiority in people who are looking for something to help guide them along, find out that they're probably Sensors, and then blame their type for it. It doesn't seem to happen with N types because it's so easy to tell yourself "sure, I'm one of the rare types, so I'm misunderstood", in comparison with S types who are blamed for a) ruling the world b) not being smart enough c) or being imaginative enough. From a larger-picture perspective, community-wise, I find that it is crucial to at least speak out against stereotypes in the typology community.
So it's OK to mock N types for being foolish, but not OK to talk about S types in (which?) certain way? Sounds like a double standard. Every type has strengths and weaknesses, which makes any type open to both criticism and praise.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So it's OK to mock N types for being foolish, but not OK to talk about S types in (which?) certain way? Sounds like a double standard. Every type has strengths and weaknesses, which makes any type open to both criticism and praise.
I read this as mocking the people who use that argument for being foolish - not Ns as a group, but typist people who hate on Sensors. But [MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION] can correct me if I'm wrong.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

There is absolutely no proof that they're N types. Typing based on misconceptions often leads to mistypes. They could be self-typed "N" types looking for a reason to feel better about themselves. It has nothing to do with their type. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] is right. (I've mocked an S type for shitting on S types. Shrugemoji)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They're allowed to criticize, but you're also allow to criticize them criticize, which you too can criticize.

#freedom go america!!! Free speech yeah...

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is a great reminder that all the work I’ve done on this forum for the cause of SJ acceptance has been useless.
Nah, we just need reminders once in a while; and those who are relatively new still need some exposure.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
If I could I'd castrate myself after reading what this thread has become. I know many sensors that are a lot smarter and a lot better people than me. The that's not hard to do. Ok a few i don't know many people.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I could I'd castrate myself after reading what this thread has become. I know many sensors that are a lot smarter and a lot better people than me. The that's not hard to do. Ok a few i don't know many people.

I'm not saying you're not acknowledging this, but from the posts of yours I read you appear to be a good person, and a smart one as well.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not saying you're not acknowledging this, but from the posts of yours I read you appear to be a good person, and a smart one as well.
Of course just not the smartest or the most good person ever. And some of the people better than me happen to be sensors