• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Searching for Myself

INTerran

I am relatively new to personality typing, and became interested as I tried to understand the guy that I am seeing. I have bounced around to different types. And I think that one of the reasons is that I have had a hard time taking a good look at myself and understanding myself. It's a hard thing to get down to who I really am, as compared to what I project or think I should be. I'm trying to change that up and be much more honest with my true self. Below are some points about myself.

38 year old female; preschool teacher; college history instructor; Bible college instructor; and education conference presenter.

-By day I teach 4-year olds. I enjoy the work, and I am good at it. However, I would rather be researching and creating conference presentations or professional development sessions.
-My dream job would be to a full-time college professor of history, psychology, or early childhood.
-I love history! NOT dates or random facts, but rather the interconnectedness, the cause and effect relationships between events, and the interdisciplinary nature of it...such as the connectedness of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and the Universal Cultural Pattern as an explanation for the rise and development of civilization.
-I enjoy learning new things, concepts, theories, etc. I am always researching new ideas, methods, and strategies for teaching, but very often I have a hard time implementing the new things into my classroom. I would rather present the new research to other teachers for them to be able to utilize. Also, no matter what I am researching, I am seeking to fully understand the topic and how it relates to what I already know.
-I struggle with organization. I am very often forgetful and have issues with mundane, every day tasks. I hate tedious, detailed paperwork...it is mind-numbing to me.
-I find that I can be selfish at times even though I don't want to be. I want to show more concern for others, but it does not come naturally to me and is not my strong suit.
-I get uncomfortable with other's emotions, and I do not readily express my own. However, I am very easy-going and even tempered. It takes a lot for me to outwardly show strong negative emotions...and that usually only happens with my immediate family.
-I have a very small group of friends...really only two females I am really close to and constantly communicate with, and the INTJ that I am seeing. Others are in categories such as colleagues and acquaintances.
-I am a terrible procrastinator in most things. I enjoy thinking about projects and ideas, but have a very hard time actually getting started.
-To relax, I enjoy reading and researching new ideas and interesting topics. I enjoy watching movies as well. A quiet evening with my guy or one of my friends is relaxing as well.
-I am a quiet observer in most social situations where there is a large crowd, lots of people I don't know, or the conversation is not something I am interested in or relate to. I have been called quiet, conceited, aloof, unfriendly, absent-minded, forgetful, disorganized, etc. But I have also been called well-spoken, well-written, an excellent presenter, very intelligent, articulate, etc. I have a much easier time accepting the negative comments as apposed to the positive ones.
-When someone comes to me to vent about an issue or a problem, I tend to offer a way to address or fix the problem rather than just listen. I don't want to sit there and just be a sounding board. I don't like to listen to someone complain and then not accept advice or solutions. The quickest way to make me shut down is to reject or dismiss my ideas and suggestions.

Gone

I enjoy thinking about projects and ideas, but have a very hard time actually getting started.

But if you start something, do you follow through with it until the very end?

INFJ sounds fine btw, what you've written can definitely be interpreted in that way. I have found no major reason to disagree with your typing so far.

INTerran

But if you start something, do you follow through with it until the very end?

~I will typically only finish a project if I am highly motivated to. I have unfinished paintings, pictures that need editing, writings half complete, materials purchased to do a project sitting. I am a terrible procrastinator in most things, and jump from topics of interest....they are sort of seasonalish. I may come back around to a topic I originally dropped of something new or intriguing captures my interest.
~I am doubting my feelingsness right now after quite a bit of introspection and real soul digging at my true motivations. I will keep my true thoughts and opinions and feelings to myself quite a bit because I know that they will not be received in the right manner. Or I also find that I cannot or do feel the appropriate level of feeling about people or events. I am not really happy with what I have "discovered" about myself right now as I typically try to project an outward appearance of being a really kind, thoughtful, and considerate person...but most of the time, what I think and feel internally doesn't really match what I project to others. So I'm questioning both the F and the J. I can readily accept the I and N.

Icefire

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w5
Sounds like you both are introverts, though two introverts are okay you definitely will have a lot to talk about in life, but don't be surprised if you go through periods of times where one or both of you get lost in your own mind. Problem is he will be strategizing and thinking of solutions to a problem or even the future. You may not share that trait with him, but it doesn't matter. Your strengths will uplift his weaknesses as will his strengths do for you. How boring would it be if you married someone just like you? You would never grow and both weaknesses alike can be a very bad deal. He's organized your not, someone has too be if not that bad habit will reflect off your offspring. Don't get inpatient if he needs time too think its that time of thinking that can make smart choices and possible leadership skills for you and your children. He can be dependable to pull his end of the deal and take care of what most important in his life which should be his family. But don't get me wrong he is a man and all men struggle with expression romantic emotions, maybe in the dating faze he will but it wont last forever and will need to be reminded that you need too feel loved too. INFP's have a huge heart making them unique bc they will invest more time into others then they would themselves but can be a war for men bc naturally men are selfish beings. If he loves God he defiantly is winner regardless of any flaw you are questioning about him. As for you, you probably could use a little bit more one on one time with God to analyze your purpose on this earth.

Universal mind

I am relatively new to personality typing, and became interested as I tried to understand the guy that I am seeing. I have bounced around to different types. And I think that one of the reasons is that I have had a hard time taking a good look at myself and understanding myself. It's a hard thing to get down to who I really am, as compared to what I project or think I should be. I'm trying to change that up and be much more honest with my true self. Below are some points about myself.

38 year old female; preschool teacher; college history instructor; Bible college instructor; and education conference presenter.

-By day I teach 4-year olds. I enjoy the work, and I am good at it. However, I would rather be researching and creating conference presentations or professional development sessions.
-My dream job would be to a full-time college professor of history, psychology, or early childhood.
-I love history! NOT dates or random facts, but rather the interconnectedness, the cause and effect relationships between events, and the interdisciplinary nature of it...such as the connectedness of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and the Universal Cultural Pattern as an explanation for the rise and development of civilization.
-I enjoy learning new things, concepts, theories, etc. I am always researching new ideas, methods, and strategies for teaching, but very often I have a hard time implementing the new things into my classroom. I would rather present the new research to other teachers for them to be able to utilize. Also, no matter what I am researching, I am seeking to fully understand the topic and how it relates to what I already know.
-I struggle with organization. I am very often forgetful and have issues with mundane, every day tasks. I hate tedious, detailed paperwork...it is mind-numbing to me.
-I find that I can be selfish at times even though I don't want to be. I want to show more concern for others, but it does not come naturally to me and is not my strong suit.
-I get uncomfortable with other's emotions, and I do not readily express my own. However, I am very easy-going and even tempered. It takes a lot for me to outwardly show strong negative emotions...and that usually only happens with my immediate family.
-I have a very small group of friends...really only two females I am really close to and constantly communicate with, and the INTJ that I am seeing. Others are in categories such as colleagues and acquaintances.
-I am a terrible procrastinator in most things. I enjoy thinking about projects and ideas, but have a very hard time actually getting started.
-To relax, I enjoy reading and researching new ideas and interesting topics. I enjoy watching movies as well. A quiet evening with my guy or one of my friends is relaxing as well.
-I am a quiet observer in most social situations where there is a large crowd, lots of people I don't know, or the conversation is not something I am interested in or relate to. I have been called quiet, conceited, aloof, unfriendly, absent-minded, forgetful, disorganized, etc. But I have also been called well-spoken, well-written, an excellent presenter, very intelligent, articulate, etc. I have a much easier time accepting the negative comments as apposed to the positive ones.
-When someone comes to me to vent about an issue or a problem, I tend to offer a way to address or fix the problem rather than just listen. I don't want to sit there and just be a sounding board. I don't like to listen to someone complain and then not accept advice or solutions. The quickest way to make me shut down is to reject or dismiss my ideas and suggestions.

I feel like, because your uncomfortable with others emotions, your actually giving way to a feeling function. sometimes we repress emotions because of being afraid of some sort of unorthodox event to arise. Because your great with children, I wonder if maybe their are deep seeded emotions you have yet to unravel. For example, you may come off as INTP or ENTP with your friends, but deep down this is how you've programmed your subconscious to behave in situations. This perception may not be the authentic you, there for it could be draining you mentally.
However, this is merely a thought and I could be looking to far into this. Overall, You seem like a rationalist. I would venture to say INTP. However, if my theory is correct, then you may be more of an idealist than you may think. I would look into INFJ. But, my money is still on INTP, for now. lol.

INTerran

Overall, You seem like a rationalist. I would venture to say INTP. However, if my theory is correct, then you may be more of an idealist than you may think. I would look into INFJ. But, my money is still on INTP, for now. lol.

~Your theory seems to fall in line with what others are saying....I present INTP, but some get the sense that I am truly INFJ and am masking. It makes a lot of sense because there are parts of each profile that I connect with. I may be a very, very logical feeler and a disorganized, procrastinating thinker. More towards the middle of each dichotomy. Thanks for your input.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
jphreud said:
~I will typically only finish a project if I am highly motivated to. I have unfinished paintings, pictures that need editing, writings half complete, materials purchased to do a project sitting. I am a terrible procrastinator in most things, and jump from topics of interest....they are sort of seasonalish. I may come back around to a topic I originally dropped of something new or intriguing captures my interest.
~I am doubting my feelingsness right now after quite a bit of introspection and real soul digging at my true motivations. I will keep my true thoughts and opinions and feelings to myself quite a bit because I know that they will not be received in the right manner. Or I also find that I cannot or do feel the appropriate level of feeling about people or events. I am not really happy with what I have "discovered" about myself right now as I typically try to project an outward appearance of being a really kind, thoughtful, and considerate person...but most of the time, what I think and feel internally doesn't really match what I project to others. So I'm questioning both the F and the J. I can readily accept the I and N.

You seem like the INTP type to me, but I'm open to INFP as a possibility for you. Your search for interconnectedness is an INTP trait.