• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Satisfaction

Mole

Permabanned
Satisfaction depends on the successful marriage of our unconscious with our conscious.

If our unconscious is unavailable to us, satisfaction is not possible, we become frustrated and then angry, and then destructive.

And when our unconscious is unavailable to us, we must depend entirely on our ego, on conscious control. And while we take pride in our control, we get no satisfaction.

I get satisfaction in writing poetry because I allow my conscious and unconscious to play in the poem.

Unfortunately mbti lends itself to conscious control.

So time and time again we see new members arrive with pride in their conscious control, compete with other egos, conscious control fighting for control, and finding no satisfaction.

And finding no satisfaction here they naturally blame others and inevitably insult them and get banned.

The Rolling Stones sing I Can't Get No Satisfaction yet satisfaction is as close to them as their unconscious.

But the Stones take pride in their ego, they suffer from hubris, and as the Ancient Greeks discovered, hubris is always followed by nemesis. And nemesis refuses to allow satisfaction to those who hate their unconscious.

Mole

Permabanned
In the Apple Store they talk really fast. This is to match the speed of their Apple devices. They all speak at this speed.

They are like Water Spiders skating across the top of the water, scared that if they stop moving, they will fall through the surface tension into the depths.

They look cool but don't savour any of the words they spit out like a machine gun.

I saw the latest Steve Jobs movie last night and he talked with the same machine gun delivery. It's as though he designed Apple devices to make us all speak as fast as him.

How can I go slow so I savour every word?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
In the Apple Store they talk really fast. This is to match the speed of their Apple devices. They all speak at this speed.

They are like Water Spiders skating across the top of the water, scared that if they stop moving, they will fall through the surface tension into the depths.

They look cool but don't savour any of the words they spit out like a machine gun.

I saw the latest Steve Jobs movie last night and he talked with the same machine gun delivery. It's as though he designed Apple devices to make us all speak as fast as him.

How can I go slow so I savour every word?

Don't go to the apple store. :huh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
in a way it's like finding happiness by losing yourself in something... it's hard to match the sense of contentment you can get reading a book in the hot tub on a crisp fall night under the stars, listening to the wind rustle in the dry leaves and feeling the cool air on your face, but being nice and warm... no worries about anything and not having to be anything :)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had never really thought of it specifically as a marriage of the unconscious to the conscious, but that totally makes sense.

I always found immense satisfaction in meditation, day-dreaming, sleeping and any artistic expression.

Over time I realized that things I wouldn't typically enjoy (paying bills/cleaning/cooking/working-out) would become really satisfying if it did them while listening to music.

So music must activate unconscious vibrations.

Can you think of anything that might work like music? Something easily integrated into daily tasks?