• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Chris Christie's star could be on the rise. But just because he's failing now, doesnt mean Moff Tankin wont fail upwards, stranger things have happened in the last eight years. America loves a manufactured underdog after all. All part of the program I reckon.
I'm convinced he's going to continue "campaigning" simply to shit talk and yell at Trump. But the GOP is starting to what the Dems have done forever - recycle loser candidates.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
UAW President Shawn Fain spoke on a Facebook Live event last night, and equated the struggles of autoworkers with the struggles of the striking writers with the WGA. "All of us are at war with corporate greed and with companies that are prioritizing profits over people."

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Canada is officially issueing a travel warning for LGBTQ + people travelling to the US.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states#laws

2SLGBTQI+ travellers​

Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons. Check relevant state and local laws.

Welcome to the company of Egypt, Russia and Uganda!

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
Canada is officially issueing a travel warning for LGBTQ + people travelling to the US.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states#laws

Welcome in the company of Egypt, Russia and Uganda!
yeah it's a real head fuck. the same crowd who was justifying the middle east invasions because of religious nationalist bigots commiting gross human rights violations...It would be satire if there were less of a body count.

The Cat

Staff member
2025...he'll pass away quietly at the turning of the tide.​

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I still think - they can't win a primary without him and they can't win a general with him.

I am not so optimistic as you regarding the "general" part of the process.

Biden has 0.8 point lead in RCP average and he needs at least 3 point win in order to win electoral college. What will happen if his health goes south ? What tends to happen to the 80+ year olds. What if all those legal process don't do enough damage and in the end it all backfires. Judging by everything there is new wave of COVID coming in the fall and people are just getting tired (and that will be even more of a case in 2024). EU is moving right so there will be less "help" over the internet in 2024.
Republicans are starting to embrace early voting what could remake the entire game. Etc.

Also people fail to recognize that 2024 will be played on a new map and that opens the paths that just weren't there in 2020. Here is one that seems pretty easy to score for the red team. Plus you have lean D states as some kind of a back up.

This is exactly why I said that more quality policy should be put on the table. Since all of this is just too close for any kind of a comfort.
1 point shift to the right in AZ,GA,WI from 2020 numbers and you will get a red win on the new map.

The Cat

Staff member
Unions are the way to keep out of the dark ages.
Divided you beg, unionized you bargain.​

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have watched far too many intercultural videos lately. Among them a short reel by an American trying to answer what's the better place to live - Germany or America (an extremely subjective question, obviously). His take on it: safety/low crime and work-life-balance are better in Germany and Germans tend to be more mindful about enjoying life but America offers far more opportunity because in the US, let me quote the man, "everybody I know who has a job also owns a house".

I'll just leave this here.

The Cat

Staff member
I have watched far too many intercultural videos lately. Among them a short reel by an American trying to answer what's the better place to live - Germany or America (an extremely subjective question, obviously). His take on it: safety/low crime and work-life-balance are better in Germany and Germans tend to be more mindful about enjoying life but America offers far more opportunity because in the US, let me quote the man, "everybody I know who has a job also owns a house".

I'll just leave this here.
This hurts my head and my soul.

The Cat

Staff member
So cool to see Brennan Lee Mulligan out picketing! and eating almonds while dming ^_^​