• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Movie Thoughts Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
unrelated, but I always preferred Rocky 3 and 4 to 1 and 2. Much more interesting villains, and I like Apollo and Rocky as buddies. I feel a little bad for Drago in Rocky 4. I know he killed Apollo, but he was basically a puppet of the soviet government--plus, Apollo should've known better going into that fight. I haven't watched the newer Creed films. Rocky Balboa was alright, and kind of made up for the mess that was Rocky 5.
Did you watch Creed II? It follows up on the Drago legacy and I thought was rather cool with the ending -- based on what you said here, maybe you'd like it.

Has anybody seen Seneca - On the Creation of Earthquakes yet? I mean, it's got John Malkovich and the idea sounds interesting but the reviews are mixed and I'm not sure how well the deliberate anachronisms work.

As you might have expected, it has barely been mentioned here in the USA so far. I think I might have seen it referred to twice in passing but didn't know what it was until I just looked it up. Based on how things work here, unless it gets a wide release, I don't know when we'll have access to it unless it shows up in an arthouse theater in a nearby city somewhere. I don't see it on Fandango yet -- I guess it is supposed to officially release on March 23? Yeah, the reviews are very mixed. I'm not that impressed with the director's past work, although RED was a fun film overall -- wonder if that's where he met Malkovich. Snake Eyes? Divergent 2 & 3 (so the fourth one never got made due to how bad they were)? These all kind of thudded over here.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like critically the only two of his films that might have been decent was RED and Der Hauptmann.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think totenkindly was mentioning Rocky recently. that whole scene in the apartment....ewww. I remember it making me uneasy the first time i saw that film. He sort of intimidates Adrian into staying and having sex. I don't know if the scene was supposed to feel romantic or sweet, but it never did. Was there a time when people thought this was a romantic scene? I'm not trying to pick on anyone, just genuinely curious if people ever saw this as a sweet moment.

unrelated, but I always preferred Rocky 3 and 4 to 1 and 2. Much more interesting villains, and I like Apollo and Rocky as buddies. I feel a little bad for Drago in Rocky 4. I know he killed Apollo, but he was basically a puppet of the soviet government--plus, Apollo should've known better going into that fight. I haven't watched the newer Creed films. Rocky Balboa was alright, and kind of made up for the mess that was Rocky 5.
Despite coming from Philly, I've never seen a single Rocky movie. I know the 4th one has a robot, though.

Now, Silver Linings Playbook is a great Philly movie.

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
paulie had the robot girlfriend in rocky 4. it was bizarre and furthered the plot in no way whatsoever

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This was a movie I really wanted to like, but I didn't care about what was happening whenever Tim Curry wasn't on screen. I think maybe he was playing the bad guy but it was kind of hard to tell. Anyway, I was rooting for him regardless.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
They should, if they know what's good for them.
main-qimg-51d932d99229f4aab869b0d6a1106f6b-lq

pretty sure they did, even got the terminator himself to play them in all of them​

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This was a movie I really wanted to like, but I didn't care about what was happening whenever Tim Curry wasn't on screen. I think maybe he was playing the bad guy but it was kind of hard to tell. Anyway, I was rooting for him regardless.
Tim Curry and the soundtrack are the most memorable things for me. Don’t care about Tom Cruise prancing about the forest

The Cat

Staff member
I'm living the plot of it follows but instead of an avatar of death personified by a slow walking spectre of horror I'm being inevitably stalked by intrusive thoughts of dad jokes and whether or not there is merit to propane over charcoal. I think I caught it from my friend who recently had their second child. Ive just got to find some other poor sucker to pass it on to...I've got to get out ahead of this before its too late. o_O

The Cat

Staff member
This version of the movie actually happened in some parallel universe, while Schwarzy was in Stop or My Mom Will Shoot
Not only that universe, but there's also one where there was no ahnold, there was only Jack Slater, LA's last action hero cop.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not only that universe, but there's also one where there was no ahnold, there was only Jack Slater, LA's last action hero cop.
This is true. And one where my ponytailed doppelgänger wins at the end

The Cat

Staff member
This movie deserves more kinky fan fic

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is honestly true about a lot of 80s films. I recently rewatched Top Gun and found the actual story and the acting kind of dull. Very stylish film and the songs and dogfights are very good, but that is all it has going for it. Iron Eagle actually had more heart and a more personal story, but sort of lacked in the sfx.