• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire for you! Type me :D

SwimmerGal97

What got you interested in Personality Type?
I like categorising things and allocating roles and identities

What kind of work do you do for a living?
I’m a student but any money I’ve earned has come from work in retail which I hated.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
In life I don’t know, this one got me thinking I actually have no huge accomplishments but then again I am only 18 so I have a while to achieve big things yet. A recent accomplishment I’m proud of is coming top of my year in our bio exam which might not be the greatest accomplishment ever but it sort of represents what I’d consider as one: beating other people to the top spot, getting praise for it, an achievement that motivates me to go on and keep succeeding and I would say hard work but I know I didn’t work as hard as some for that result (work smart not hard is my motto. I have friends who will spend hours trying to memorise absolutely everything and learn textbooks inside out, I rely on a good memory to remember little random details that give the edge and make you look like you know stuff and I learn exactly how to word things and learn all of the minimum things needed to get the marks)

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
This is all very vague but something that felt productive (a lazy day sounds wonderful but my best days are always the ones when I go to bed feeling shattered and exhausted but satisfied) like going out and going on a long hike or pushing myself when I go running and I’d also like to have done something that allows me to have a laugh with my friends and have really yummy food and I’d also wake up early in the morning (I hate sleeping in past 9 or 9:30, even on weekends because I feel like I’ve wasted my day) and feel fully refreshed. So early wake, hard work, wind down in the evening with mates and good food and probably chat or pub quiz or something late into the night.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
My intelligence. That sounds like I’m bragging but I don’t just mean getting good grades although that comes under it, I also mean emotional intelligence(I may not always show it but I understand a lot better than people realise) and maturity and an ability to keep a sense of perspective about all situations.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
SomeONE you mean haha. Sorry, and I haven’t done it because that’s not an option. Also going to uni and becoming more independent which I haven’t done because I haven’t been old enough or haven’t completed the necessary qualifications but I’m going next year, grades permitting, to study Criminology. It’s taken me YEARS- literally, I’m not just using the expression- to choose a subject. I’ve wanted to do history, chemistry, biology, politics, international relations, Russian and finally settled on Criminology as it’s a happy balance between the pragmatic, straight forward sciences and the essay writing of humanities and art but without the airy-fairy opinion rubbish that comes with it. Art has always been a tricky thing for me. Technically I'm good, I have good eye for detail, colour and perspective however when it comes to messages and meanings and art appreciation I'm awful...I don't really see the point and I'm not interested in what other artists do (which leads to a lot of trouble as I am doing art academically...I wouldn't recommend. Two of the girls in my art class went to an interview for the same uni the other day and they were discussing their interviews and one went 'oh yeah, it was dead easy, they were just asking how a piece of art made me feel and what it meant and how I kept up to date with the art world' and I found the comparison between our mindsets fascinating because whilst they were simple questions for her, they're some of the hardest questions I could think of being asked. Just behind 'where do you see yourself in five years time' and 'why do you want this job/ to work for us/ to do this subjects?')

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I was fortunate enough to have an excellent upbringing and amazing parents but if I had to be really really picky I might say 1) have more pushy parents so I could rebel. I do well either doing as I’m told or doing the complete opposite to what I’m told, whereas when I’m left to do what I want, I don’t really know. Pushing me towards one thing (I’m thinking careers/uni here) would probably have made me go ‘no I’m not doing that’ and helped me cement what I do and don’t want to do a bit faster. 2) Not sent me to a grammar school. They’re very academic and too much up their own backsides for the most part and I’ll be leaving school with very little real life, real world and real people experience which I think is just as, if not more, important than any exams.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
Ooh one specific one? Er…public humiliation by my friends in front of the guy I like…when he entered the room they started wolf whistling and saying his name really loudly…sounds petty but it’s quite embarrassing and I tried to hate them and glare and sulk but I’m not very good at it because I couldn’t help but see the funny side through my glowing embarrassment. I’m usually the first to call someone out and tease them when they like someone so I can’t be mad at my friends for doing that to me.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
Yes, I always decide what to say before talking because in my head I’ll have about six different phrasings or ways of asking the same question and I’ll end up fusing different types and getting tongue tied and making an idiot of myself.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Mind reading! Because I’m incredibly nosey and want to know their embarrassing thoughts and could manipulate people into doing what I wanted and I’m also curious to see how differently people think

What do you value most in a friendship?
Honesty is my big thing but also the ability to see the humour in any situation and judge each other for being a horrible person with awful morals and a sick sense of humour :L

What is your most treasured memory?
Various moments, snippets of near perfection like a childhood memory of being on the beach at sunset with all the glorious colours and the warmth of the setting sun that’s glinting off these crystal clear perfect waves and a balmy breeze and the cool sea spray and I don’t have a care in the world. Another one would be a moment with someone I had feelings for in a moment of just understanding. God I sound soppy but it was a moment of no talking just looking at eachother and knowing and connecting which was practically stuff of soppy romance novels! Other moments of just being with friends, often small moments but ones that make you realise you’re getting closer to people.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
I can’t decide between my best friend and the guy I like. The best friend brings laughs and jokes but the guy brings other kinds of fun although personal hygiene etc could be difficult stranded on an island however this guy IS the sort that would know all about surviving and what we could eat and stuff so he’d be useful….

What is your favorite book?
I don’t even remember the last book I read! But probably Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix because I love the rebellion in it and how magical yet relatable it is especially with Umbridge.

What does your life say about you?
My life has ups and downs and says I have potential but don’t yet know how to use it but (hopefully) that will come with time and experience

How would your friends describe you?
Not very nicely knowing them :L Competitive, clever but lazy (I don’t agree with lazy I just have a short attention span so never get anything done), quite bossy and sometimes uncompromising on certain things, not at all shy or coy (I prefer discussing things that are a bit inappropriate and will say EXACTLY what I’m thinking and feeling most of the time), occasionally aggressive maybe…..and expressive in terms of my facial expressions and hand gestures (which maybe has nothing to do with my type but my facial expressions always get joked about. On the plus side people think they always give me away and I can’t lie but actually I can control it when I have to which makes me a very good liar…)

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I'll say right now that you strike me as xSTP, probably ISTP, for the most part. The art thing suggests away from Ni, but I'm not even sure that's a guarantee for doms and STPs don't value their Ni as much (only for things that interest them already). The way you learn things for classes suggests away from Si and Je as well (at least I think so, although some of what I consider to be the fundamental underpinnings of those two are supported, so hmmm...)., but suggests strong T functioning. Lack of strong goals or at least interest in forming an abstract idea of "What you want to be" suggests away from dom Ni, and you don't speculate enough about things for Ne, not to mention that you're more aware of the systems "Right in front of you" (School), so to speak.

More may yet come. :p

SwimmerGal97

I'll say right now that you strike me as xSTP, probably ISTP, for the most part. The art thing suggests away from Ni, but I'm not even sure that's a guarantee for doms and STPs don't value their Ni as much (only for things that interest them already). The way you learn things for classes suggests away from Si and Je as well (at least I think so, although some of what I consider to be the fundamental underpinnings of those two are supported, so hmmm...)., but suggests strong T functioning. Lack of strong goals or at least interest in forming an abstract idea of "What you want to be" suggests away from dom Ni, and you don't speculate enough about things for Ne, not to mention that you're more aware of the systems "Right in front of you" (School), so to speak.

More may yet come. :p

What made you think introvert? (I can't decide either way- if you look at my behaviour then you might be inclined to say introvert in that you'll often find me staying home by myself, I don't go out on fridays and saturdays and will often take a back seat in groups- not including my friendship group here, more in groups of strangers or classes where I prefer to listen and observe. However, I'm thinking back to a time on a school trip (this isn't the only time but it's one specific example that sprung to mind) that was a three day residential and in that scenario, theres no faffing with meeting up and transport, we are all already together and my behaviour there was very different in that I was the one more likely to be chatting, singing and dancing in the room with loads of others, and nattering (annoying people) way into the night and I missed not being in a room with five others when we came home (no doubt they would have gotten on my nerves eventually though and they were close friends so I suppose even introverts would enjoy spending time with friends like that). I also notice that during school holidays (when I'm lazy and choose the easy route of staying home) I have a tendency to get quite down but I perk straight back up as soon as school restarts which would suggest that whilst I behave like introvert, cognitively (for our purposes) I could be an extrovert? However I do feel drained at the end of the day....it's quite confusing. Secondly, you mentioned strong thinking functions- did you sway towards one particular thinking function?