• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question for neurotypicals

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Do neurotypicals have a I-am-not-hungry-but-need-to-eat-because-it's-been-days-food? or is that just a neurodivergent thing? neurodivergent refers to people on the autism spectrum, have schizophrenia, ADHD, ect.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There have been times when I've been very anxious, and that can make it hard to eat because the anxiety can be in a ball in my stomach. I've never gone days without eating, though, I've generally forced myself to eat something at those times, because I know from experience (when I verged on an eating disorder), that going too long would only make me feel worse. I hate that these have been the only times in my life when I was successful in losing any large amount of weight. (I am pretty sure I'm neurotypical.)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not typically. The closest thing I've had is if I'm hungover or sick and need to get something down, in which case I usually go for toast or oatmeal.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
While I technically have an ADHD diagnosis and medicate with vyvanse on an as-needed basis, I consider myself generally "neurotypical" in that I don't consider the way my mind works a disability, nor do I suffer from any real pathologies from it. So, with that caveat out of the way.

I will skip meals occasionally during periods of business or hyperfocus because "hunger" doesn't really register to me during those episodes but it's never days. It's more like, hours, or a single meal.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes if I am in a state of heightened anxiety or depression, I can just forget about eating, and not feel hungry if food is mentioned. There might come a point where my body becomes weak and the physical sensations of hunger become obvious, despite me being uninterested in food whatsoever, and at that point I might force myself to eat just to make the physical sensations of hunger subside.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I technically have an ADHD diagnosis and medicate with vyvanse on an as-needed basis, I consider myself generally "neurotypical" in that I don't consider the way my mind works a disability, nor do I suffer from any real pathologies from it. So, with that caveat out of the way.

I will skip meals occasionally during periods of business or hyperfocus because "hunger" doesn't really register to me during those episodes but it's never days. It's more like, hours, or a single meal.
This is exactly my boat (though I’m on a different ‘as needed’ ADHD med). That said, needing meds for joint issues 2x a day that require eating kind of forced me to remember to eat. And getting into working out— protein within half an hour after exercise or whatever, helped.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im on two different medications that effect appetite. Adderall makes it so that it can be hard to eat during the day and seroquel gives me the munchies pretty badly at night sometimes. I do have periods where eating regularly is hard because everything feels as psychologically appetizing as sand. But right now my eating is regular and my weight has remained stable for a while