• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

psychiatry is moot

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
i think as a culture we need to question the practice of psychiatry.

it's pretty partial.
i think in my country (the UK) there is a strong racial element/bias in how they assign symptoms and treatments.
they also push conservative values onto patients.
i laugh even now when a member of the team I was in said that it was "a sickness" to have tattoos. but then there are many who have them and they aren't at all symptoms of pathologies.
they don't see symptoms objectively, but allow their biases to influence decisions. if two people present, then they shouldn't pick and choose whom to assess. it should be on the basis of symptoms only.
I don't have any real reason to respect that "practice".
I could write a book on the shit they told me - and only to spite me. They thought like Hitler and wanted to keep me down.

Jaguar

i have and do.

7Uxt.gif

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I mean it took me 5 years to get my current diagnosis. That is both good and bad. Good that they took their time, bad that they... took their time. I had several other diagnoses throughout that time, but as my symptoms developed my diagnosis changed.

Maybe its all bullshit, I dont know for sure tbh. Maybe its all in my head. But if it wasnt, it saved my life.

Enneagram
9w1
Have you read of Drapetomania - Wikipedia ?
Mental disorders could just be alternative unique ways of being based on the year and location you happen to be in, rather than anything to consider a weakness.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
lol How many people are you going to give a no-follow request? I mean before you get banned again.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
lol How many people are you going to give a no-follow request? I mean before you get banned again.
I can share what I wish. WhT I share is the same tone as others. So if this bothers people they can mi e over it or disengage. Or prove they are socially superior and tolerate it. So can't I use the forum as its intended then? I don't know there was a rule stating I couldn't ask people not to follow me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I can share what I wish. WhT I share is the same tone as others. So if this bothers people they can mi e over it or disengage. Or prove they are socially superior and tolerate it. So can't I use the forum as its intended then? I don't know there was a rule stating I couldn't ask people not to follow me.

There isn't, I'm just asking the question. Why don't you use the ignore function instead of having a tantrum?

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
There isn't, I'm just asking the question. Why don't you use the ignore function instead of having a tantrum?

since i apparently bother you by merely posting here.
it's funny, since i don't see why i cannot.
again, move over and ignore if it vexes you.
i just know it's people like you who hold me back in life. if somebody of your own culture/race like Mole can post and hog the this forum, so can I. i'm glad that my mere presence here upsets you, yet you claim you're wiser and "better" than I am.

Lark

i think as a culture we need to question the practice of psychiatry.

it's pretty partial.
i think in my country (the UK) there is a strong racial element/bias in how they assign symptoms and treatments.
they also push conservative values onto patients.
i laugh even now when a member of the team I was in said that it was "a sickness" to have tattoos. but then there are many who have them and they aren't at all symptoms of pathologies.
they don't see symptoms objectively, but allow their biases to influence decisions. if two people present, then they shouldn't pick and choose whom to assess. it should be on the basis of symptoms only.
I don't have any real reason to respect that "practice".
I could write a book on the shit they told me - and only to spite me. They thought like Hitler and wanted to keep me down.

You were part of a UK based Psychiatric team?

Lark

i just know it's people like you who hold me back in life. if somebody of your own culture/race like Mole can post and hog the this forum, so can I. i'm glad that my mere presence here upsets you, yet you claim you're wiser and "better" than I am.

Interesting, tell me more.

If you are from the UK why would you consider Mole and Ceecee to be of a different culture and race to yourself? Mole is Australian and Ceecee is American, if I'm not wrong, they are caucasian the same as most of the people posting from the UK are, what is the significance of culture and race to anyone posting on the forum in the first place?

Lark

I mean it took me 5 years to get my current diagnosis. That is both good and bad. Good that they took their time, bad that they... took their time. I had several other diagnoses throughout that time, but as my symptoms developed my diagnosis changed.

Maybe its all bullshit, I dont know for sure tbh. Maybe its all in my head. But if it wasnt, it saved my life.

Diagnostic assessments are usually on going assessments rather than single events, revised with new information, still I'm not sure about how it works where you are from (USA?) diagnosis is generally made in the UK by a multi-disciplinary team, which has social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists and clinical psychiatric nursing staff using a biopsychosocial formulation (its the alternative to the old fashioned medical model which some people still complain about).

I'm glad that the input and diagnosis has helped you and sorry to hear about the suffering in between times. I hope you're stable and feeling better.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

She's a hard left authoritarian sadist very bothered by the idea of anyone having a platform to share and discuss opinions that stray from her narrative- because of the objective threat they impose on those ideas- and she never misses an attempt to convert any discussion into a derailing ad hominem attack on the person presenting them, which the forum tolerates because most of the administrators are also hard left authoritarians. I know it's irritating if you're expecting a balanced and neutral platform for enlightened discussion, but what can you do? This isn't a democracy. Genuine and meaningful conversations have to be saved for in-person reality, as tech sector platforms have mostly homogenized themselves into an ideological inbred fantasy largely divorced from the actual nuts and bolts of the world.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's a hard left authoritarian sadist very bothered by the idea of anyone having a platform to share and discuss opinions that stray from her narrative- because of the objective threat they impose on those ideas- and she never misses an attempt to convert any discussion into a derailing ad hominem attack on the person presenting them, which the forum tolerates because most of the administrators are also hard left authoritarians. I know it's irritating if you're expecting a balanced and neutral platform for enlightened discussion, but what can you do? This isn't a democracy. Genuine and meaningful conversations have to be saved for in-person reality, as tech sector platforms have mostly homogenized themselves into an ideological inbred fantasy largely divorced from the actual nuts and bolts of the world.

bds