• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nikola Tesla

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So fellas what type was Nikola Tesla? I think he was most likely either an INTP, ENTP, INTJ, or an ISTP, but INTP seems more likely because he was a deep thinker who prized wisdom and cared nothing for practicality, proven when Tesla said:
I am credited with being one of the hardest workers and perhaps I am, if thought is the equivalent of labour, for I have devoted to it almost all of my waking hours. But if work is interpreted to be a definite performance in a specified time according to a rigid rule, then I may be the worst of idlers. Every effort under compulsion demands a sacrifice of life-energy. I never paid such a price. On the contrary, I have thrived on my thoughts.
Nikola Tesla

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? If you know nothing about ENTPs, then why would you assume anyone is or isn't one? By saying comments like "only an INTJ can have that much originality and confidence in his visions" is a stereotypical remark. The fact that you are on a typing site means that you are stereotyping.

Other famous ENTPs include Machiavelli, Da Vinci, Hume, Foucault, Russel, Camile Paglia, Raymond Kurzweil, Benjamin Franklin and Oscar Wilde. It is believed that Socrates was one, as well - though some say INTP. A fictional character is Dr. Who.

Why are your emotions and irrationalities rising? Calm down, it's just stereotyping.

On the below forum, cases are also made for da Vinci being an ITP:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/54675-leonardo-da-vinci-istp-intp.html

As for Tesla, I would say that he is God and completely annihilates the MBTI. He is an INTP with ENTP inventiveness and INTJ vision.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone on Youtube named Thagirion9 sent me a message explaining why they though Tesla is INTJ. Here it is:

Tesla is without a doubt an INTJ. Very introvereted. He prefered the company of pigeons to people. That's something I can relate to very well. The fact his best friend was a white pigeon says a lot. I had a wonderful white pigeon hehe. He was intuitive. Those "visions" are proof of deep intuition. Though he wasn't always correct as the funny accident with the earthquake machine. NT's a bit absent minded especially the introverted ones. He was a rational and a thinking type making most of his decisions based on logic and not emotions. And he was a Judger. He actually made inventions and took action. He spoke his mind. INTP's are non confrontational. INTJ's are confrontational. This is because of the Ti for INTP and Te for INTJ difference. Einstein as INTP never invented anything. He never left a product but he made theories that J's could act on. Lastly INTJ's are prone to disorders like obsesive compulsive which Tesla clearly was being afraid of germs and having other wierd habits like being grossed out by pearls. INTJ's can also be prone to substance abuse, but lukily Tesla was not as far as I know.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I copied and pasted this from the below personality cafe forum:
http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/94488-nikola-tesla.html

Principally because of the notoriously scattershot Dr. David Keirsey. In his typology, ENTP is the "inventor", and it probably would look ungainly for the king of inventors to be tagged as anything else. As a matter of fact, his son concedes that under MBTI typology, Tesla would come out as an INTP. Real Idea Men | Please Understand Me

That said, I don't get the INTJ arguments for him, either. Is it because of the first two letters of his first and last names? The Ni is defensible, but what evidence is there of Te?!?!

With the possible exceptions of DaVinci and Einstein, no one springs to mind quicker when Ti-dominance comes up as a topic of discussion. Unlike his pal Edison and others whose inventorial methods resembled little more than blindfoldedly throwing darts and hoping for a bullseye, Tesla was more wont to do all the nitty-gritty in his head. Didn't hurt that he was a math whiz, but still.

Oh, and what self-respecting ENTP would be celibate by choice? If you're a believer in the snowflake theory and that an Ne>Ti>Si>Fe strain of ENTP exists, then maybe...

Te would be his focus on the external world with basically every logical application he made. I don't know for sure, but I think a decent argument can be made for this. I seem to recall reading that he often had weird, prophetic-type visions and took them seriously, which would make sense if he were an Ni dominant. Isaac Newton was a bit like this as well, and he was most clearly an INTJ - dominant Ni can be super eccentric to the outside world, not gonna lie. There's a reason that Jung pointed out that they tend to comprise spiritual cranks and mystics to an extent.

He is usually typed as an ENTP.I was wondering why ENTP and not INTJ?
I can see how he could have been NT and N dominant but i couldn't decide between ENTP and INTJ.

What do you think and which aspect of his personality make a difference?

Yeah, I always thought of him as an INTJ (super weird, albeit genius Ni dom who pretty much went insane by the end of his life) - I think the only reason he's typed as an ENTP has to do with "the inventor" stereotypes (which is not objective typology) and the fact that people seem to love typing super eccentric people as ENTPs based on excessive stereotypes. Otherwise, from what I've read about Tesla, he was noted to be a "classic introvert."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
nikola-tesla.jpg

I know everyone thinks Tesla is either INTJ, INTP, or ENTP, but here Tesla looks a lot like ENTJ Grand Moff Tarkin!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.humanresonance.org/Tesla's_Rebirth.pdf

Tesla's Rebirth:
The discovery of the stationary terrestrial waves [indicates]... that, despite its vast extent, the entire planet can be thrown into resonant vibration like a little tuning fork; that electrical oscillations suited to its physical properties and dimensions pass through it unimpeded, in strict obedience to a simple mathematical law, has proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Earth, considered as a channel for conveying electrical energy... is infinitely superior to a wire or cable...

~ Nikola Tesla, 'Tuned Lightening', 1907

Nikola Tesla's most profound discovery -the existence of 'stationary terrestrial waves' by which he resonantly powered his wireless devices- went unpublished and unknown to the world for 35 years after his death. The Tesla Museum published his discovery in the Colorado Springs Notes in 1978, and in that same year a boy named Alex was born on a small Caribbean island, who would later spontaneously complete Tesla's unfinished theory. By the age of 26, Alex Putney had intuitively applied four-dimensional mathematics to produce spherical maps of Earth's standing wave infrasound patterns, and presents an astonishing perspective on the unfolding human reality that overturns many presently-accepted scientific, political, cultural and spiritual apperceptions.

While physicists now struggle to find a real-world application for quantum theory, Putney holistically applies quantum iterated functions to specific places and events, penetrating the great mysteries of the human spirit and informing a new understanding of DNA and phenomena of consciousness such as autism, savant syndrome, reincarnation, psychoacoustics, energy healing and crop circles. Alex's experience of synesthesia inspired the development of quantum maps that reestablish the ancient Sanskrit knowledge of Akasha - the invisible creative force of the cosmos. Fascinating past life continuities reveal the hidden thread of knowledge that binds consciousness through the karmic process of reincarnation, linking the inventive ability of Tesla with the life's work of an inventive mind of the Renaissance, Leonardo da Vinci.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://churchofthecosmos.wordpress.com/ascended-masters/cosmic-masters/

I know in the earlier link I posted some dweeb is pretending to be the reincarnation of da Vinci and Tesla, but the above website seems to think otherwise.

2.MELCHIZEDEK (not the same being as one of the incarnations of the Christ Jesus)

1.Universal Logos or Father in the Constellation Sagittarius
2.Ensouls every living being in the Universe
3.Head of the Cosmic Order of Melchizedek
4.Nikola Tesla is said to be his only earthly incarnation
5.Melchizedek is another cosmic and galactic master who is very available for people to contact and channel. There are many beings with the name Melchizedek because the Order of Melchizedek is a cosmic order and priesthood throughout our Universe. In the ancient writings, the term Melchizedek was given to any initiate who passed the seven levels of initiation in the Order of Melchizedek. Jesus had an incarnation under the name Melchizedek, and the Universal Logos’ name is Melchizedek. The particular Melchizedek to whom I refer in this section is a Cosmic being who is a member of the governing council of this galactic sector. He is a new member of this council. In the initial focus of his work, he served as a liaison between the Earth and other Planets and the Galactic Center. He has recently replaced another Cosmic Master who has moved on to a position on the Universal level.Melchizedek has also had some lifetimes on Earth, besides working with the Earth on an inner plane level. His last life on Earth was as a king named Melchizedek. He has overshadowed many beings on Earth, one of whom was Enoch, ” the man who walked with God.”Through Enoch’s work with Melchizedek, he ascended in that lifetime. He is currently working through a number of people to bring forth information about how to use Light. He is readily available to be contacted and channeled. Source: JDS, I AM UNIVERSITY

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have 2 theories on the personality of Nikola Tesla:

1. If the reincarnation theory is correct, then da Vinci, Tesla, and Alexander Putney must all be INTP.
2. If the Universal Logos theory is correct, Tesla or Master Melchizedek must be ENTP, INTP, or INTJ.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't know if this is on here, but it is relevant to Tesla.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
brilliant man! very amazing! it makes me angry that during my early school years they only emphasized edison and mentioned nothing of nikola. through my own efforts, i learned of nikola. its odd to hate someone that is long dead but i kinda hate thomas edison for stealing credit.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
brilliant man! very amazing! it makes me angry that during my early school years they only emphasized edison and mentioned nothing of nikola. through my own efforts, i learned of nikola. its odd to hate someone that is long dead but i kinda hate thomas edison for stealing credit.

Many go uncredited for the large part.
Faraday i find an excellent example of this, Faraday also appeals to me on a personal level, being a highly principled man, a man of values.