• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Parenting

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
In what areas do NF parents naturally tend to excel or do poorly?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excel? The first thing to come to mind is our ability to love them and show them in any disposition, no matter the circumstance.

Struggle? Perhaps, excessive anxiety or fussing over "how they're feeling" and allowing our emotional states to permeate their environment even when we don't want it to (i.e. a negative state).

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i tend to exceed in comforting, teaching, encouraging and being easy going when it comes to my son. I want him to always know that i will do absolutely anything for him. I also avoid putting too much pressure on him to do things, or try things. I want him to be his own person and have his own goals and hobbies.

I tend to do poorly at providing structure and discipline. I also lack patience with him sometimes, because i'm so self absorbed. It's hard for me to get my head out of the clouds sometimes. I spend 24 hours a day with him, but i still often feel like i'm not doing enough for him or paying enough attention to him. I've never really been good at focusing my full attention on someone other than myself and my own thoughts.