• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne-Doms: Do Ni-users ever make you feel stupid?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I adore intjs but yes. obviously, yes. not because i'm ne dom tho. i think they intentionally or unitentionally make people feel dumb all the time.

yeghor

I had this archeology class where my professor was INTJ, and whenever I came up with a quick inference or idea based on the information he gave us, he would scoff and say "heh, that's ridiculous. Neeuuuuu." in a really condescending tone. At that point I decided to make it a challenge to woo him, but to no avail, just more condescension :dry: I was easily the student with the most genuine interest in the subject.

Anyone else have similar experience with Ni-users, and why do you hate us?
Why is an INTJ teaching archeology?

FlamingSword

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps this article could help. Jung's explanation.
https://carljungdepthpsychologysite...trovert-and-intuitive-introvert/#.Ywqzan3MKUk

Not an N dom, but just to share my thoughts:

Answer - not necessarily. The central tenet of Jung's theory is the differences between E and I, not anything else. All the cognitive functions are explained in terms of the E/I difference. Therefore, Ne and Ni are the same in nature - they are two types of intuition. In the Jungian sense, N doms perceive reality mainly, or almost completely, using their intuition. Their five senses, accordingly, tend to be less sensitive and can miss lots of things here and now. The world of the N dom is made up of intuitive impressions, as opposed to sensory images.

An Ne dom is easier to understand because their N is directed toward the external. An outside observer can find out that the Ne dom is perceiving reality as sets of possibilities. The Ni dom, in contrast, does the same but everything happens internally. An outside observer cannot possibly know what the Ni dom perceives unless told.

As above, so below. How the Ne dom perceives the external reality, the Ni dom does the same with the internal mindscape. Both receive hunches sent by their intuition from the subconscious. The Ne dom targets the external and thus we can see what they do with their ideas. The Ni dom keeps their perceptions within themselves and is directed by those perceptions to live their lives.

Setting aside individual cases, it cannot be said that Ne doms are less wise than Ni doms. The two intuitive types might have an easy time understanding each other. Both types might feel like living in a dramatically different world than S doms.