• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my sister is a mystery to me, please help!

poppy58

I hardly know anything about her. She doesn’t talk about her feelings/personal life. She only talks to my mom, when she’s really overwhelmed and stressed. So here are some facts about her:

She used to write stories/poems.
She has an eye for photography. She sees the details, the angles, the composition. (She takes ages uploading a picture to instagram. :))
She likes cooking.
She’s a perfectionist.
She’s good at accessing people. She knows how to motivate/work (sometimes manipulate) people. But she doesn’t show an interest in interacting with people (maybe it's just me).
She’s good at reasoning. She always beats me at it.
Her room is really really really messy. But once she starts cleaning, she doesn’t stop until every little corner is clean.
She likes fashion, I think she’s kindda a hipster.

Growing up she didn’t like sports/exercising. Now that her boyfriend is sporty she does it too.
She does this funny thing sometimes. To decide if she wants to try a food or if she is hungry, she imagines eating it first.  According to her food has deep or high flavor.

When she’s really stressed about work, she curls up on my moms couch and her emotions come out. She’s like a little kid, needs attention and caring, but nothing’s good enough.

That’s all I can think about her without going into speculations so feel free to ask questions.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
she sounds a lot like me: INFJ.

Yep INFJ.

poppy58

Thank you both for your replys!
I feel, that she is colder than an INFJ. My mom is INFJ and I can read her emotions easily, like from a mile away. I figured it's because we are both feelers. I figured my sister must be a thinker, because I don't understand her and I feel that I can't connect to her.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel, that she is colder than an INFJ. My mom is INFJ and I can read her emotions easily, like from a mile away. I figured it's because we are both feelers. I figured my sister must be a thinker, because I don't understand her and I feel that I can't connect to her.

Well,what's your type? She could have unhealthy Fe.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't think your mom would be an INFJ. Nothing personal. INFJ's tend to mimic the outward persona of INTJ's. Not to the t of course, but definitely not a mile away unless her life is intolerable.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

INFJ's aren't open with those she may not trust, again nothing personal, but don't worry too much about it and maybe if you attempt to talk to her more, you may get answers.

What's your type?

poppy58

I don't think your mom would be an INFJ. Nothing personal. INFJ's tend to mimic the outward persona of INTJ's. Not to the t of course, but definitely not a mile away unless her life is intolerable.

I'm ISFP.
My mom is very Ni, and she always wants to please people, she takes very long to make up her mind and likes to plan. I meant by reading her emotions, that when she's stressed or hurt, i feel the stress radiating off of her, it effects me too, I feel the nervousness in my guts.
I read somewhere that unhelthy INFJs can have like a martyr complex.

How does Ni work with INTJs? It seems to me that it would be more verbal (easier to see) with INFJs, because of aux Fe.
I don't know what to talk about with her, I don't want to invade her privacy by asking her personal questions. We just spent two days together hiking, and she only initiated one conversation with me, and it was more like she was thinking out loud.

skysickle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
nnn
INFJs can be like a chameleon when it comes to feelings, they will feel it but they will sometimes choose not to show it.