• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies That Should Be Made

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would be interesting. I had another idea a while ago that would fit in with that, an episode where the Dominion met the Borg. There were expeditionary forces from both sides, but only meeting when brought together by another force greater than them.

Q? Cytherians? Perhaps the Cytherians would recognize each side as overwhelming threats to galactic peace and throwing them against one another might be a way for each to cancel the other out.

Oh how I would love to see some vorta and jem hadar borg.

I want to see jem hadar vs klingons vs hirogen. only the ultimate hunter will survive.

How about a V'Ger origin story

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How about a V'Ger origin story

I read that in some novels, they associated V'Ger with the Borg. That is, the race that made V'Ger either evolved into, or were responsible for the Borg. It makes sense. V'Ger would kind of destructively assimilate things too. But still, it was a child.

Last edited:

Crabs

Permabanned
YES. I loved The Far Side of the World. One of the best things about the Master and Commander books is the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin, and the film portrayed that so well.

agreed. their epic bromance makes me want to fiddle.

I would have loved to see another installment. Possibly a prequel, showing how they met in the first book. Although they'd probably have to find different actors. And I wouldn't really want that, as I loved Paul Bettany as Maturin.

It's weird; all the people I know who have seen it agree that it was a great film, but still no sequel? I guess it was pretty expensive to make. But I would have much preferred a Master and Commander sequel than another Amazing Spider-Man movie. Ugh.

i doubt paul bettany or russell crowe have better projects to work on. if the opportunity arises, they should drop whatever they're doing and jump on it.

I also want more episodes of the Hornblower series, with Ioan Gruffudd. He was so perfectly cast in that role. At his current age, though, and given the timeline of the books, he'd probably be an admiral by now.

hmm...i'm not familiar with that series. i need to find a new heading and expand my horizons. :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is apparently a mood trailer being used to pitch the idea to the studios. It's from 2012. There are no concrete plans to do the movie yet that I know of.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...i'm not familiar with that series. i need to find a new heading and expand my horizons. :)
Gasp! If you liked Master and Commander, you would definitely like Hornblower. It was an 8-part miniseries, with each episode being an hour and a half long. Its budget was not nearly as much as Master and Commander, obviously, but the acting was great. My cousin, who has no interest in anything nautical or Napoleonic, loved the whole series.

I'm pretty sure that all the episodes are on YouTube. (But you didn't hear that from me.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the other two films in the millennium series. dragon tattoo was critically and commercially successful. no reason to not finish the trilogy.

I haven't read the book, but I saw the David Fincher version, and I really liked it. I found that character very relatable.

Crabs

Permabanned
This is apparently a mood trailer being used to pitch the idea to the studios. It's from 2012. There are no concrete plans to do the movie yet that I know of.

interesting. i wonder if that pitch violates any copyright laws. lol if it's a series of best selling novels, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to find a production company to undertake it.

it's not my cup of tea though. i've never seen any of the harry potter films, lord of the rings or hunger games either.

Gasp! If you liked Master and Commander, you would definitely like Hornblower. It was an 8-part miniseries, with each episode being an hour and a half long. Its budget was not nearly as much as Master and Commander, obviously, but the acting was great. My cousin, who has no interest in anything nautical or Napoleonic, loved the whole series.

I'm pretty sure that all the episodes are on YouTube. (But you didn't hear that from me.)

i'll definitely have to check that out. Black Sails has recently piqued my interest. at first, i thought the costumes were a bit too modern, but the story has become quite interesting. it's a prequel to Treasure Island.

I haven't read the book, but I saw the David Fincher version, and I really liked it. I found that character very relatable.

same here. i bet a sequel would do better at the box office since the series has gotten more exposure.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read that in some novels, they associated V'Ger with the Borg. That is, the race that made V'Ger either evolved into, or were responsible for the Borg. It makes sense. V'Ger would kind of destructively assimilate things to. But still, it was a child.

I have seen people make this connection. I think Roddenberry even suggested this, albeit half jokingly.

Passacaglia

There was a young adult series I read when I was about twelve or thirteen, called the Tripod trilogy, by John Christopher. It was set in the future, and these giant alien machines called the Tripods had taken over the earth and enslaved humanity. When a young person was old enough, they had these metal caps fused to their heads, which controlled their minds. But there was a small resistance group that was trying to overthrow the Tripods.

Apparently it was made into a series in the UK, back in the '80s, but I never saw it. I've always wanted to see it made into a movie trilogy, though. The Tripod Cities would be especially cool to see.
I would so watch this movie(s)! I remember basically nothing about the books, so at this point I'd be going in blind. Except that I know I'd love the story. :)

the other two films in the millennium series. dragon tattoo was critically and commercially successful. no reason to not finish the trilogy.
But they did, didn't they? The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and The Girl Who Played With Fire completed it, no?

i was really disappointed there wasn't at least one sequel to master and commander: the far side of the world. it was nominated for best picture and was relatively successful at the box office, but i suppose it's not likely to happen unless captain jack aubrey gets bitten by a radioactive shark and singlehandedly saves the world from utter cgi destruction.
I found Master and Commander to be an odd experience; I kept expecting...er, the ship's naturalist whatshisname, to say "Hey guys, I just wrote a book called The Origin of Species!" Still a good movie though, and I'd absolutely watch another one!

Passacaglia

For myself, I'd love to see a really great Dune movie, and to see the His Dark Materials trilogy completed in film form. (The Golden Compass is #1.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For myself, I'd love to see a really great Dune movie, and to see the His Dark Materials trilogy completed in film form. (The Golden Compass is #1.)

That would be awesome. I'd like to see a good adaptation of the second novel. I did like David Lynch's adaptation, though, flawed as it was. They spent a little too much time on the first half of the book, and kind of rushed the second half of the book.

The production design was really cool, though. I've never seen a futuristic society that looked like that. The stylings were baroque but alien; which I think was an interesting choice for the futuristic but feudal society of the Dune universe.

Crabs

Permabanned
But they did, didn't they? The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and The Girl Who Played With Fire completed it, no?

yeah, the swedish version.

I found Master and Commander to be an odd experience; I kept expecting...er, the ship's naturalist whatshisname, to say "Hey guys, I just wrote a book called The Origin of Species!" Still a good movie though, and I'd absolutely watch another one!

:cheers:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In response to everyone who has ever asked, "How does the wizarding economy, in the Harry Potter universe, link to the muggle economy?", I propose this action-thriller:

Average Muggle Joe discovers vast conspiracy involving various governments and the wizarding world, and averts an international magic-economics catastrophe. Written by Tony Gilroy, directed by Paul Greengrass.

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
since hollywood is completely out of fresh ideas and thrives on remakes, there should be a modern comedy/action flick based on the 1960's batman tv show. :bats:

i would cast bill hader as batman because i think he has the face and sense of humor for the role, moreso as batman than bruce wayne, but it would be funny if they cast a different actor to play bruce.

i could definitely see cecily strong or alison brie as either catwoman or batgirl.

seth green as robin

other cast members, tbd...

post YOUR movie ideas! $$$

:D Oh my goodness that sounds like such a blast! I vote for Neil Patrick Harris as the Riddler and Matt Ross as the Penguin.

We should make a movie about the Ferengi. It can be all about Quark's path to being Grand Nagus by acquiring enough profits and females.

I love DS9 and my movie idea would be seeing the life of Garak with a dark sense of humour (think American Psycho) while showing the truth behind the lies (even though it was all true to Garak - 'Especially the lies').

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
In The Cartoon History of the Modern World Part 1, Larry Gonick wrote about the silver-mining town of Potosí, Peru, which provided the Spanish Empire with the bulk of its wealth for many years. In Potosí, everybody was high on cocaine, low on oxygen (elevation 13,420 feet), suffering from mercury poisoning (mercury was used to extract silver from the ore), and fighting gang battles. Gonick asks: Why in hell has no one made a movie about this? I agree.

Crabs

Permabanned
:D Oh my goodness that sounds like such a blast! I vote for Neil Patrick Harris as the Riddler and Matt Ross as the Penguin.

good choices! I could definitely see Neil Patrick Harris as the Riddler.

why hasn't this movie happened yet?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, they did have Jason Sudeikis as a skeevy Batman and Justin Long as an ineffectual Robin in "Movie 43" and a few pre-clips...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, they did have Jason Sudeikis as a skeevy Batman and Justin Long as an ineffectual Robin in "Movie 43" and a few pre-clips...

What if we got Joseph Gordon Levitt to play Robin? How would that work?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Final Fantasy VII, in live action form