• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies That Should Be Made

Crabs

Permabanned
since hollywood is completely out of fresh ideas and thrives on remakes, there should be a modern comedy/action flick based on the 1960's batman tv show. :bats:

i would cast bill hader as batman because i think he has the face and sense of humor for the role, moreso as batman than bruce wayne, but it would be funny if they cast a different actor to play bruce.

i could definitely see cecily strong or alison brie as either catwoman or batgirl.

seth green as robin

other cast members, tbd...

post YOUR movie ideas! $$$

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We should make a movie about the Ferengi. It can be all about Quark's path to being Grand Nagus by acquiring enough profits and females.

Chrysanthea

I really really would love it if there were an indirect sequel to the first Silent Hill movie, but this time based completely off of the events that happened in the video game series instead of the crap they gave us with the first movie. Preferably taking reference from either Silent Hill or Silent Hill 2, as those were the peak of success for the horror series. Though since we've already seen Pyramid Head, I'd opt for the first movie where one could witness the antagonist give birth to Samael, the Alessian Cult's prime Deity.

incubus_samael__silent_hill_by_izzy9-d5wscvw.jpg

(I understand there is Silent Hill: Revelations but I won't even acknowledge its existence.)

Crabs

Permabanned
We should make a movie about the Ferengi. It can be all about Quark's path to being Grand Nagus by acquiring enough profits and females.

i have no idea what you're talking about, but i'm sure it would be a hit. :)

I really really would love it if there were a sequel to the first Silent Hill Movie, but this time based completely off of the events that happened in the video game series instead of the crap they gave us with the first movie.

that was one of the most disturbing movies i've ever seen. i liked the atmosphere, but the gore was pretty gross.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i have no idea what you're talking about, but i'm sure it would be a hit. :)

It might not be so popular among the younger generation, but older folks might like it. It could feature Quark acquiring females through earning of sufficient profits. There could be some ummox scenes that would really turn people on.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Movie based off the lore on The SCP Foundation. It has the potential to be both incredible and terrifying.

Oooh, I'm fond of this one. I like reptilians.

The Reptilian Meme said:
Description: SCP-2013 refers to a Renard Class memetic agent. SCP-2013 can be spread via visual, auditory or tactile1 vectors, and has an infection rate of approximately 72%.

SCP-2013 causes affected individuals to develop a belief in SCP-2013-A. SCP-2013-A is allegedly an extraterrestrial race that has infiltrated various world governments, including the USA, United Kingdom, Iran, Russia, and North Korea. Individuals affected by SCP-2013 cannot be cured, but can be treated through regular amnestic consumption or administration. Further infection has been prevented by global dispersal of the Cardiff Compound. Currently, less than 1% of the population of planet Earth believes in the existence of SCP-2013-A, with the highest concentration being in the United States, where 4% believe in the existence of SCP-2013-A.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was a young adult series I read when I was about twelve or thirteen, called the Tripod trilogy, by John Christopher. It was set in the future, and these giant alien machines called the Tripods had taken over the earth and enslaved humanity. When a young person was old enough, they had these metal caps fused to their heads, which controlled their minds. But there was a small resistance group that was trying to overthrow the Tripods.

Apparently it was made into a series in the UK, back in the '80s, but I never saw it. I've always wanted to see it made into a movie trilogy, though. The Tripod Cities would be especially cool to see.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was a young adult series I read when I was about twelve or thirteen, called the Tripod trilogy, by John Christopher. It was set in the future, and these giant alien machines called the Tripods had taken over the earth and enslaved humanity. When a young person was old enough, they had these metal caps fused to their heads, which controlled their minds. But there was a small resistance group that was trying to overthrow the Tripods.

Apparently it was made into a series in the UK, back in the '80s, but I never saw it. I've always wanted to see it made into a movie trilogy, though. The Tripod Cities would be especially cool to see.

Yeah, I had that trilogy. I really liked it, I might still have all three books. It was also set over in Europe, I think, as opposed to the US (at least by the setting). Good ol' Beanpole...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Crabs

Permabanned
the other two films in the millennium series. dragon tattoo was critically and commercially successful. no reason to not finish the trilogy.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like to see a well made biopic of Captain James Cook, or at least a film or series of films documenting his 3 journeys in the Pacific.

Hollywood would fuck it up and embellish though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the other two films in the millennium series. dragon tattoo was critically and commercially successful. no reason to not finish the trilogy.

I liked the original TV versions better, but I thought Fincher's version was still pretty decent and had great production values. I was kind of surprised they just dropped it like that, but maybe it just wasn't the kind of reward they expected and/or everyone wanted to do something else in their career.

Crabs

Permabanned
I would like to see a well made biopic of Captain James Cook, or at least a film or series of films documenting his 3 journeys in the Pacific.

Hollywood would fuck it up and embellish though.

that would be interesting. i'd like to see a movie about bartholomew roberts.

i was really disappointed there wasn't at least one sequel to master and commander: the far side of the world. it was nominated for best picture and was relatively successful at the box office, but i suppose it's not likely to happen unless captain jack aubrey gets bitten by a radioactive shark and singlehandedly saves the world from utter cgi destruction.

I liked the original TV versions better, but I thought Fincher's version was still pretty decent and had great production values. I was kind of surprised they just dropped it like that, but maybe it just wasn't the kind of reward they expected and/or everyone wanted to do something else in their career.

i think part of the problem is marketing. superhero flicks and established franchises destroy the box office due to their preexisting fanbases, and that sets the bar of success too high for original content. i didn't see the girl with the dragon tattoo in theaters because i wasn't familiar with the books and didn't recall seeing the trailer. maybe independent films and less commercialized projects need a new model for marketing. the televised mockumentary for the blair witch project drew a lot of attention to it. that was creative 'out of the box' thinking.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

I've only just taken notice of this thread. I once had an idea for a story about Kahless the Unforgettable. It'd be sort of like a Conan-style epic.

If I was director, I'd love to film it in dual language, English and Klingon.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only just taken notice of this thread. I once had an idea for a story about Kahless the Unforgettable. It'd be sort of like a Conan-style epic.

If I was director, I'd love to film it in dual language, English and Klingon.

:thumbup::yes::hifive::rock::woot::encore::nice:

Would be cool to see a star trek legends series that dealt with famous historical figures (trek universe) mentioned but rarely seen. They could also do one on Surak that could show how violent and barbaric the early vulcans were.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
:thumbup::yes::hifive::rock::woot::encore::nice:

Would be cool to see a star trek legends series that dealt with famous historical figures (trek universe) mentioned but rarely seen. They could also do one on Surak that could show how violent and barbaric the early vulcans were.

That would be interesting. I had another idea a while ago that would fit in with that, an episode where the Dominion met the Borg. There were expeditionary forces from both sides, but only meeting when brought together by another force greater than them.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i was really disappointed there wasn't at least one sequel to master and commander: the far side of the world. it was nominated for best picture and was relatively successful at the box office, but i suppose it's not likely to happen unless captain jack aubrey gets bitten by a radioactive shark and singlehandedly saves the world from utter cgi destruction.
YES. I loved The Far Side of the World. One of the best things about the Master and Commander books is the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin, and the film portrayed that so well. I would have loved to see another installment. Possibly a prequel, showing how they met in the first book. Although they'd probably have to find different actors. And I wouldn't really want that, as I loved Paul Bettany as Maturin.

It's weird; all the people I know who have seen it agree that it was a great film, but still no sequel? I guess it was pretty expensive to make. But I would have much preferred a Master and Commander sequel than another Amazing Spider-Man movie. Ugh.

I also want more episodes of the Hornblower series, with Ioan Gruffudd. He was so perfectly cast in that role. At his current age, though, and given the timeline of the books, he'd probably be an admiral by now.