• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] MBTI Type and Who You've Dated

stardustrouge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought it might be interesting to list our MBTI types along with the types of our most significant relationships to see if there's a pattern in who we are/aren't attracted to.

List your MBTI Type, then list your most significant relationships and their MBTI types (or a guess if you don't know for sure). Give a brief summary of the relationship and how/why it ended (or if it's ongoing, why it's successful and what the struggles are).

I'll start:

I'm an INFP and my most significant relationships, in order, have been:

-ENxP: I honestly have no idea what this person's MBTI type is, he could very well be introverted, but I've always leaned toward the feeling that he was an ENxP. This was essentially the love of my life; I met him in middle school and was in love with him throughout all of middle school and high school. We only dated for about 4 months in our sophomore year but I ruined the relationship by breaking up with him because of that INFP "grass is greener" mentality, and then regretted it later. He never took me back, and I spent the rest of my years pining for him LOL
-ISFJ: This was basically my "high school sweetheart". The quintessential high school romance that was my longest relationship for a while. Lost my virginity to this dude lol. There was a lot of unhealthy communication issues and mistrust though, which eventually led to this relationship's demise.
-ISTP: My post-high school "love of my life". The beginning was filled with a lot of passion and excitement; eventually personal drama of his interfered with our ability to see each other often; I got attached and he started drifting away. I basically followed him like a puppy dog for 9 months before he ghosted me... eventually reappeared recently, but 3+ years too late lol.
-ESFJ: A much, much older dude that I dated for about 8-9 months. He was a little strange, but a joy to be around and was a really great boyfriend. Lots of trust and understanding in this relationship. Eventually the age difference and personal differences led to the healthiest and most amicable breakup I've ever experienced in my life.
-ESTJ: Spent a year and a half with someone who I pretty much couldn't stand for most of the time lol. Comfort and security, on top of a heaping dose of emotional abuse and manipulation is what kept me in it for so long. It eventually ended when I tried breaking up with him for the millionth time and he finally listened to me and got his stuff out of my apartment.

I'm now single, so IxTPs, holla @ ya girl (JK I'm not gonna single any type out, but I really like IxTPs ok)
Not that you would, now that I've divulged my entire dating history lmao

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm ISFJ but I've never dated anyone.

PurpleDawn

I'm an ENFP and I've never really "dated" anyone besides like being someone's boyfriend in school for a few days lol. That said, the two times I was "going out" with someone it was with an ESFP (Guessing this one, could've well been ENFJ) and ESFJ respectively.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ENFP who's had two long-term relationships (one for ten months and the other for two and a half years.) The ten-monther was an ISTJ and the other one was ESTP (he claimed he was ESFJ but I'm calling BS.)

I was very unhappy with both of them. I'm really glad I'm not in a relationships anymore, and I would love to date an Intuitive next!