• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Lex Sporis

dermato-PHYTE BACK
Staff member
MBTI Type
FNGI
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone have any suggestions to tame unruly gray hairs without it feeling like you have greasy or crunchy nasty product in your hair?

I have thick, coarse, dark brown hair. It’s not curly, but frizzes easily under certain conditions. I don’t mind all my random stray gray hairs, but they are definitely wiry and lay differently than the rest of my hair. They stand out quite a bit against the dark hair, so their unruliness kind of makes my hair look a lot messier than it would otherwise. I mean, I am a catlady, but I’m not quite ready to completely look the part, haha. The grays in my bangs are probably the craziest looking.

Short of using a flat iron daily, & even that doesn’t work sometimes (plus it’s bad for hair to do daily), what products can I use? My hair gets oily easily, so mousses and stuff I’ve tried before just end up looking really gross within a few hours.

This isn’t urgent, just something I’ve been meaning to ask about.

ceecee

Dunkin Enthusiast
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Anyone have any suggestions to tame unruly gray hairs without it feeling like you have greasy or crunchy nasty product in your hair?

I have thick, coarse, dark brown hair. It’s not curly, but frizzes easily under certain conditions. I don’t mind all my random stray gray hairs, but they are definitely wiry and lay differently than the rest of my hair. They stand out quite a bit against the dark hair, so their unruliness kind of makes my hair look a lot messier than it would otherwise. I mean, I am a catlady, but I’m not quite ready to completely look the part, haha. The grays in my bangs are probably the craziest looking.

Short of using a flat iron daily, & even that doesn’t work sometimes (plus it’s bad for hair to do daily), what products can I use? My hair gets oily easily, so mousses and stuff I’ve tried before just end up looking really gross within a few hours.

This isn’t urgent, just something I’ve been meaning to ask about.

My mom has coarse thick hair and she likes Aveda Retexturizing Gel. She also said it isn't crunchy or oily on her hair. I've never used this product but I've used many other Aveda styling products and color and they're great.