• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Love is Just a Wing Away

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I actually do. And I think it would really streamline the enneagram for everyone if they would just look deeply inside their souls and see the truth of it.

I don't think the 4's would be too happy with being the idea of being assimilated. ;)

I'm no 6w5 cp though

Starry

I like the idea of 3s (particularly when ENFJ), but we never seem to connect romantically. I notice a lot of them hold people at arm's lengths to keep their image intact and that they have extremely high ideals for a partner because it's all a part of their image (and perhaps a way of keeping people at a distance - no one is "good enough"). As charming as they can be, I feel like they'll always be too in love with themselves.

I've briefly dated 5s (INTPs) and it always combusts because we argue over theoretical stuff and take it way too seriously. I think the physical aspect could be missing too. I'd like someone a bit more sensual.

I guess as with any other type, being emotionally stable and mature and capable of intimacy is necessary.

"The course of true love never did runneth smooth"

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've dated a couple of 9s, a couple of 6s, a couple of 7s... I've had flings with other types... The fuck am I?

ps. fetus is a 6 but not cp

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i've only got a 3, 6, and 7 for reference. the chemistry was best with the 6.

Starry

bathed in sarcasm

I do like the way you will stand up for yourself though...but yah, no...I don't think you are 6w5cp.

The reason it looks like I think everyone is 6w5cp is merely because it is a point I will argue for the person...because 1.) It's hard to see in yourself...and 2.) if you are 6w5cp...that is something I believe will be pretty damn helpful for the person to know.

Well, and 3.) so I can hurry up and date them being a wing away.

I think all kinds of people on this site are all kinds of different things...but won't argue it if I don't think it will really be helpful.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
7w8s seem kinda spooky.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w2 and 8w9. I'd honestly prefer the 8 because of how much I think I'd get out of merging with them and could learn from them in general. I'd secretly be terrified at first but that's not nearly enough with regards to that. I'd definitely be willing to struggle against that.
I probably couldn't bear not to in a scenario like that, no matter how astray or whatever.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't a clue. Why would I get along better with 4w3 and 6w7? Yes, there is this girl who is 4w3 and we get along and seem compatible, but it seems to have more to do with her being ESI and me being LIE, and less to do with enneagram.

Btw, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I remember you typed me as 6w5 back in the day, when I used to frequent this forum back in 2014.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have doubts because because at our low points, both 3 and 5 (competency triad) are prone to contempt for precisely what 4 (reactive triad) is prone to indulge, and contempt is a love killer.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean, it would have to be a very independent 4w5 or a very calm/especially stable 6. Certain fictional 6s: :wubbie: possibly more than any other fictional type (eg Peter from Fringe, Martin Freeman's Watson, some others that aren't immediately coming to mind). And on paper, the 6 description can look pretty damn good, with the valuing loyalty and trust and whatnot. But my experience with 6s has been very different from what those fictional characters suggest it would be. (Not all, mind you, but the of the ones I've gotten relatively close to- it gets exhausting to constantly be on trial. Could be my experience has been disproportionately unfortunate.) And with 4s- again, I can get exhausted rather quickly if they need a lot of attention. I tend to do best with people who want the space/freedom to follow their own interests *and* who can give that same space/freedom to me without resenting me for it. There need to be interests in common, of course, in an organic/authentic way, for there to be a relationship- but beyond that, I need more space/freedom than the average bear.

For the record, not sure if I'm really more 5w4 or 5w6. But I'm fairly confident I'm 5.

Starry

I want to create a list of all the people I have tried to type as 6w5cp

[MENTION=8459]Arclight[/MENTION] <--But Arclight knew he was 6w5 at one point and then switched to 5w4 I believe...just like EVERY SINGLE 6w5 LIKES TO DO.
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]
[MENTION=122]marm[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25411]Duffy[/MENTION] I think is

Who else... [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] but Zara's smart I knew he would know once he got it so I didn't get super forceful with him.

[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION]
@Arcana

Anyone else that anyone can think of?

edit OOooooooooo! I just stumbled across an old [MENTION=8459]Arclight[/MENTION] post and he did have 6w5 listed as his e-type before he was permabanned!!!! Although he also has INFJ listed when in reality he was ENFJ.

Last edited:

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I would first have to be way surer of my Enneatype than I actually am to answer this question. Also to actually go on dates with people. I've thus far dated one person who might be a 9? (I haven't exactly gotten to know her well enough to figure out her enneagram honestly.). Plus was briefly a 2(w1?)'s cuddle buddy before she got dissatisfied with my "undying love"/pretension for someone else. I liked her a lot actually, probably would've gone really well if I bothered to pay attention.

I did briefly sort of date a self-typed 8w9 so/sx and it didn't go well at all after a brief period. She basically didn't like my tendency to need to question the things she said, and I didn't like that about her.

And lastly, there was the person I had a roughly week-long affair with. She seemed either reactive or 7 to me, but that might've been the Se. I didn't get to know her terribly well.