• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Key to understand an introvert

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you want to understand an introvert you need to understand what his dominant function is. The simple form, not the complicated drawn out form.

This is what drives each -
Ti is introverted thoughts
Si is introverted detail
Ni is introverted concepts
Fi is introverted feeling

How does this work? These are not connected to the outworld without access to external data/judgement. So concepts is what drives dominant Ni. This is their achilles heel. This is what causes them to feel, to think, its a path that steers them.

Ti is thoughts. Our thoughts control us. An ESFP I have known asked me a single question and because of what I said/how I responded was able to understand 90% of what drives me.

Si is detail. They fear the details, they enjoy the details,they push to reach them.

Fi is the same as Ti, but in regards to feeling.

To be able to work with a introvert, where they are going, where they have been, what they fear, what they enjoy you need to understand whether they are Si/Ti/Ni/Fi. When you use Si with Ti they may go down a completely different path. Same if you use Ni with Fi.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
something that i find very curious is that it's usually much easier for me to connect with an ISTP than an INTP.

i mean, theoretically, i should probably have an easier time connecting with the INTP, but for whatever reason i generally really suck at communicating with INTPs. maybe it's because the things that ISTPs tend to know about tend to be more concrete, and i am more inclined to believe them because i can typically assess with Ne what they conceptualize with Ti. i trust and am impressed by their Se, too. NT Ti is more difficult for me to trust because i can see the Ne assessment but it doesn't lead to the same conclusions i draw... so that's weird.

:shrug:

i think the hardest part of interacting with an introvert is sometimes if they don't want to communicate but you would really prefer to, you can be really SOL :laugh:

KDude

Cool post.

The one I have the hardest time understanding (not much in practice, but in it's definitions) is Si. Does it mean Si doms are better with details than Se doms?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool post.

The one I have the hardest time understanding (not much in practice, but in it's definitions) is Si. Does it mean Si doms are better with details than Se doms?

They internalize it better, analyze it more, roll it around, process it, think about it more. Se is more noticing and acting on details, not so much analysis or rolling it around internally. Se generally doesnt bring the details in very much.