• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Is he confused, playing me or actually likes me?

white00

This is about the INTJ senior in my school. We were interested in each other but I could sense that something was holding him back. I have a study group with him and his friends. His friend told me that I am a bit like his ex in terms of personality and style. We are INFPs basically. She is his first love in high school. He had a crush on her for few years. He eventually managed to win her heart and they got together but she dumped him for another guy in the end. This incident hurt him a lot.

Last week, he suddenly got attached to another girl. She is our senior, an extroverted party girl. It seems that he has been hiding her from us. Both his friends and I have never met her. It is like he kept her a "secret". I later found out they were fwb.. I then thought he never liked me but he started acting strange last week. First it happened that day while i was sleeping, he came and patted my head. He also offered to help my carry my stuffs when I ran into him before class, which is unlike him. Being extra helpful and smiling all the time. He smiles whenever he sees me and we all know that he doesn't like to smile. That day after school, he invited us to the bar with his gf and her friends. The guys couldn't make it and I told him it would be weird for me to join. He then went over to another class and asked 2 guys and my girlfriend along and convinced me to join. I did and I wanted to leave earlier and he again told me to stay. Later on, most of the people left except for the 5 of us, my friend, him, his girlfriend and his gf's friend. His gf's friend was hostile and did not seem to like us. My friend and I waited for her bf to pick us up. While waiting, his gf went to the washroom. He sat down beside me and later put his arm around my back with his fingers touching my hip. He has never touched me in any ways before. It was weird. His gf came back and he stood up after that. obviously he finds something wrong in his action.

His gf passed him a cup of cold water and he gave it to me. We went out to wait for my friend's bf, he then came back to us with a cup of warm water. He kneeled down, leaned in and touched my forehead to check my temperature but I wasn't sick. He then patted my head again and I told him I am fine. I passed the water that I didn't finish back to him and he drank it. He also told me to give him my water bottle and refill it with warm water for me before we left. My friend says she thinks he cares a lot about me and maybe the reason he doesn't want to be with me is because I remind him of his ex? She thinks I should continue to be friends with him if I like him. His friend told me his gf quarrel with him after that night at the bar (questioning him about me and stuffs). I don't know what to feel. It just feels wrong. Hence, I have started to avoid him ever since that night. I caught him looking sometimes and I just look away or pretend not to notice. Will he think that I hate him? Do u think we can be friends again?

Vega Vex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Legit, Not quite sure. He is sending LOTS of mixed signals, hence this thread. Two things does seem to stick out, though.
1) He's afraid of getting attached to you, as (to him) you are so much like his ex
2) He's clearly an 'immature' INTJ
(Btw, Touch is a massive thing to INTJs, which is what's mainly throwing me off)