• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is America great now?

Is America great now?

• Yes

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • This question is mean.

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

Lark

Granted much of this predates Trump but this is what the current issue comes down to - The GOP created this monster and allowed it to take over and now they don't know how to stop it. Frankly too many of their voters believe this insanity and now the GOP can't not run with the Trumptardation and that's going to be the case for some time going forward.

I would be fine calling their bluff at this point.

Its not without precedent though, remember how the Christian Coalition basically treated the GOP like a vassel and the GOP allowed it.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was with you until you got into the whole rich white straight cisgender stuff, that's a lot of garbled nonsense, Obama held office until the term limit was reached.

I also have no idea at all what relevance someones sexual orientation or attitudes to gender should have when it comes to the holding of office, those are, relatively speaking, gross minorities within the population, the deserve legal protection and do not deserve vilification as in the past (and sometimes the present), however, that representatives might resemble the majority more than select minorities, really does not surprise me at all, and its no injury or persecution to anyone per se that this should be so.

I'm waiting for the day that heterosexual candidates with opposite sex partners and traditional families will be considered discriminatory per se some how. I've already seen a shocking uptick in pretty neurotic behaviour among some friends who are closely aligned with the "pseudo-left" in their thinking, like they can not or will not post pictures of themselves with loved ones or their children on social media as they can not represent the alphabet soup constituency by doing so. That a full spectrum tolerance or multi-cultural society should be inclusive not only of minorities but also they themselves and the norms they abide by without a second thought isnt something that's really occurred to them. I find it really unfortunate as there is definitely a component who, when their best efforts to conform to the expectations of a community that is ambivalent about their even "belonging" fail there generally are some creepy far right elements happy to offer them a "new home" and tell them how the entire project they'd once valued was one colossal head fuck and monkey wrenching exercise anyway.

I think it does matter to include LGBTQ+ in this discussion, because apparently half the country still isn’t ready to accept a gay man running for President just as much as they aren’t ready to accept a woman. It matters just as much as immigration policies, police brutality, unemployment, greed and corruption from the elite, and many other issues.

Do you see where we stand right now? We have a conservative majority in the Supreme Court thanks to the Trump administration, and that shit isn’t going away for decades. And maybe I’m not as well-informed politically as most of the other members here - but from a spiritual standpoint, I can clearly see that we’ve evolved as much as kicking and screaming toddlers, and we have a much further way to go if we’re seeking to reach true “greatness” in this country.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is Blue MAGA?

I just remembered to respond to this, sorry haha.

Blue MAGA is... sad.

Basically it's a nationalist movement but with a Democrat spin. Because now that the big bad Trump is out of office, all of America's problems are solved! Case closed folks, we DID IT!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just remembered to respond to this, sorry haha.

Blue MAGA is... sad.

Basically it's a nationalist movement but with a Democrat spin. Because now that the big bad Trump is out of office, all of America's problems are solved! Case closed folks, we DID IT!

Why not Hillary's brilliant game-changing "America is already great"?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why not Hillary's brilliant game-changing "America is already great"?

PepperyCautiousFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

Every time I start to think she didn't lose on purpose, I get reminded that she absolutely had to have lost on purpose. There's no way she countered "Make America Great Again" with "America is already great" and thought it was good optics on any side of the political spectrum.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PepperyCautiousFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

Every time I start to think she didn't lose on purpose, I get reminded that she absolutely had to have lost on purpose. There's no way she countered "Make America Great Again" with "America is already great" and thought it was good optics on any side of the political spectrum.

I think she and the people around her could actually be that dumb and out of touch, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

"I may not be Dale Earnhardt, but I smashed into a fucking wall cause I couldn't turn left"

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But no it was totes all russia so they could give Cuba time to develop the headache gum.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh dang, study from the London School of Eco-Gnome-ics

obligatory Bowie reference

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a hard time considering a country great that presented us with a binary choice between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. If this was the best the" greatest country in the world" could produce, I have to doubt that designation.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

No doubt. The day after Christmas will the detonation of the atom bomb of homelessness. The moratoriums just delayed the inevitable because of how shortsighted the government was to believe everything would just be restored back to normal by the end of the year, meanwhile things are now more dire than they were even back in March, all while lots of industries were never really able to get restarted due to the pandemic, thus preventing people from catching up on the wages they missed as this whole of debt continued to be dug with their missed rent payments.