• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] INTP vs. ENTP - Interpersonal Intelligence

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No offense, INTPs and ENTPs, but I kind of see you guys as the Derail Kings. If any of you are in a thread, it's almost guaranteed to go off-topic at some point. For instance, mustard.

It's annoying, but also strangely endearing.

Permabanned
No offense, INTPs and ENTPs, but I kind of see you guys as the Derail Kings. If any of you are in a thread, it's almost guaranteed to go off-topic at some point. For instance, mustard.

Shortsightedness.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mustard is connected to interpersonal intelligence.

Somehow.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Ne is a hell of a drug.

maxresdefault.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's not actually a derail.
It's all connected in some way beyond what mortal humans can fathom.

We are uncovering the Great Truth That Connects All Things.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mustard is connected to interpersonal intelligence.

Somehow.
I'll take your word for it.

I understand why you do it. Your brains are constantly making a bazillion connections between ideas. That's sort of where we differ somewhat. My brain works to make connections when they are of practical value. Otherwise, I don't waste much time on idle speculation. I'm not good at it, anyway.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw a guy with a Jaguar pumping gas at a 7-11 once and asked if he had any grey poupon. He didn't seem amused.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I understand why you do it. Your brains are constantly making a bazillion connections between ideas. That's sort of where we differ somewhat. My brain works to make connections when they are of practical value. Otherwise, I don't waste much time on idle speculation. I'm not good at it, anyway.

My wife says I'm the king of conversational non sequitur. I don't really see it that way.

Last edited:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

OH GOD SO MANY PRODUCTIVITY WORDS IT BURNS US.

As an aside thread ownership and "on topic" have always been odd concepts to me. Communication is organic, flowing, branching off, with chaos and rule breaking an essential part of discovery, novelty, and creativity. Plus it's not like it's hard to ignore, you just scroll on through.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like it when conversations (seemingly) go off on many tangents only to come back full circle, making everything "click" together; when thought patterns transmitted to speech suddenly become evident and all of the relations become clear.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As an aside thread ownership and "on topic" have always been odd concepts to me. Communication is organic, flowing, branching off, with chaos and rule breaking an essential part of discovery, novelty, and creativity. Plus it's not like it's hard to ignore, you just scroll on through.
True. I don't see it as a big deal, unless someone is sincerely asking for advice, and someone posts something supremely off-topic and unhelpful. Then it seems kind of inconsiderate. Even then, it's easy enough to ignore.

And I just realized that I've derailed this thread by talking about derailing threads. :doh: Carry on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I understand why you do it. Your brains are constantly making a bazillion connections between ideas. That's sort of where we differ somewhat. My brain works to make connections when they are of practical value. Otherwise, I don't waste much time on idle speculation.

I wonder why you do that.

*ponders all the possibilities*

I saw a guy with a Jaguar pumping gas at a 7-11 once and asked if he had any grey poupon. He didn't seem amused.

Poor [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION]. So far has he fallen.

I like it when conversations (seemingly) go off on many tangents only to come back full circle, making everything "click" together; when thought patterns transmitted to speech suddenly become evident and all of the relations become clear.

Yup. That's the thing. If you follow something around -- there's a chance it'll feed back in, and you start recognizing recursive patterns / fractals in the data which signifies some level of inherent truth/structural reinforcement.

And then
revelation
awareness
percipience

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have to say im not a big fan of the sweet mustards. Honey mustard is the worst. I like the bitter tart kind. Anyone Know the mustard that has a thich creamy texture with maybe seeds and vegetables in the mix?

Double post. Ignore. Im on my phone and cant find the delete button. Move along.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*doesn't know how to feel about all the honey mustard hate in this thread*

*scoffs and begins repeating "wow" over and over again drawing out the vowel longer and longer each time*

*as an act of defiance against the dominant social opinion, makes a list of groceries to buy so I can have honey mustard chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight*

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

To me, I find it extremely difficult to keep things on topic; the distinction often seems arbitrary and unnatural. I find that when a rigid rule is enforced about keeping things on topic, I'm more likely to avoid the conversation altogether, because I find it impossible to see where the boundaries lie. They way I perceive things, everything overlaps.

Hetaira

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get a little ruffled when compliance is expected though.

Yes...it is easy to see that ENTP's do NOT like to be expected to conform to anything...or anyone. They value their freedom of thought and expression.

If they do comply...it is usually with a very high price. There will be revenge...and retaliation one day. They will just patiently wait.

Never without a strategy or a plan.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll also add that when I'm comfortable about someone or under the influence of alcohol, I can act more like an ENTP.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
And I just realized that I've derailed this thread by talking about derailing threads. :doh: Carry on.

You WILL be assimilated. :devil:

My spouse (also INTP) once marveled at a professor's lecture. It went on tangents, sub-tangents, and sub-sub-tangents, but like a good program it eventually returned to the original thread.

We don't necessarily do the latter part.