• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and ENFP?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Chatting with an INTP girl online and she seems to share a lot of common views and an openness to ideas as I am, yay! And though she does tap into my intellectual side and stimulate that area, I worry she may not meet my emotional needs with inferior Fe. This is literally just the beginning of something but thought I'd throw this out there to get any feedback on the possible strengths and weaknesses of this type of relationship pairing, whether friendship or romantic interest.

Thanks!

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am currently trying to figure out my type but I'm at least pretty sure I'm IXTX and leaning toward INTP at the moment. So take my opinion for what it's worth. I'm dating someone who I think is an ENFP. We get along really well and have been dating for 3 years. Issues between us: I get upset when he lies to avoid confrontation or to avoid making me upset. He gets annoyed because I don't care as much about animal rights and social injustices as he does (I care but I don't like to think about that stuff often). I think I might occasionally hurt his feelings but I don't mean to and I think he's pretty good about letting stuff roll off his back.

Are there specific emotional needs you are referring to? I honestly don't even really understand what that means. haha

Sum Guy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Chatting with an INTP girl online and she seems to share a lot of common views and an openness to ideas as I am, yay! And though she does tap into my intellectual side and stimulate that area, I worry she may not meet my emotional needs with inferior Fe. This is literally just the beginning of something but thought I'd throw this out there to get any feedback on the possible strengths and weaknesses of this type of relationship pairing, whether friendship or romantic interest.

Thanks!
She will as long as you realize, emotionally as well as intellectually, that she will express her love and emotions differently than you readily connect with. Her Introverted(combined with low F) may make some of her actions look to an E and F like she is not into you when she may actually just need to introverted "alone" time to recharge. It's actually a compliment that she would feel comfortable enough to let that side show. It's a side INTJs get grief for.

So you will need to learn how to hear her "I love you" when she truly love you. If she is an INTJ like me though she will be 100% open to a calm discussion where you express how her certain actions make you fell less loved. However, be ready that she may not really be able to change them much but she will explain and reassure you. She may also see this as insecurity on your part, but INTJs are the type that loves to understand so if you put it in intellectual (e.g. personality type) terms that goes a long way. INTJ's as a whole don't get offended by such conversations as long as they are not accusatory, or label their actions as odd.

Sum Guy

MBTI Type
INTJ

Thanks!

Sorry about the above, thought you said INTJ. I test on the INTJ /INTP edge so I hope it still applies. Maybe more so as I think the P aspect adds more mellowness to emotional conversations and differences.