• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Outer Image

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think most people see us as cute, naive, fragile, and innocent. They always try to get us out of our shell, calling us cute or soft. It gets really annoying because we INFPs usually hate attention and we can't help our extreme reserve. If people were to stereotype us, they'd always say INFPs are the only "innocent, quiet, gentle one." I don't get why we're called these smothering things just because we're so shy and quiet. It's so condescending it's like we're inferior children or something. All the other feeling types are never called these things like INFPs. Some INFPs are the total opposite, at least most of the males. There are cold and antisocial INFPs too, but regardless of gender we're human too. So what's up with the "gentle, cute, shy, soft" INFP description?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. I have spent time with 4 INFPs in my life. Only one was warm. The rest have either been chilly and/or dark which I don't mind at all. I've just made a friend of an INFP 4w5, probably. T's are supposed to be cold, but it tends to be pretty neutral, INFP 4s like to try to provoke your emotions.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
people who've barely ever spoken to me automatically assume i'm very innocent or much younger than i am or both. recently i went to the designated smoking area at my new job ans lit up a cigarette and a coworker of mine gasped and said "you're the last person i'd expect to see smoking!" and was nicer to me after that :huh:

i do get a little enjoyment out of knowing how easily i could shock someone with one story though :wink: but i'd rather remain mysterious.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know...maybe for some. My SO is an INFP and I think other people see him as reserved. Aloof...even cold, snobby, and arrogant at times (he's not truly like that but that kind of thing gets projected on him). My roommate is an INFP, too. He's got this over-excited "please like me!!!!" puppy mode or this dark "I'll bust your head into the freaking wall if you get in my way!" mode.

I think they both secretly love attention, too. It just has to be the right kind.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
people who've barely ever spoken to me automatically assume i'm very innocent or much younger than i am or both. recently i went to the designated smoking area at my new job ans lit up a cigarette and a coworker of mine gasped and said "you're the last person i'd expect to see smoking!" and was nicer to me after that :huh:

i do get a little enjoyment out of knowing how easily i could shock someone with one story though :wink: but i'd rather remain mysterious.
Well smoking is bad though and people think I don't even know what drugs are because I never wanted to have drugs. But at least we can easily blend in the background so crowds don't smother us all the time.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know...maybe for some. My SO is an INFP and I think other people see him as reserved. Aloof...even cold, snobby, and arrogant at times (he's not truly like that but that kind of thing gets projected on him). My roommate is an INFP, too. He's got this over-excited "please like me!!!!" puppy mode or this dark "I'll bust your head into the freaking wall if you get in my way!" mode.

I think they both secretly love attention, too. It just has to be the right kind.

Yeah, they probably just want somebody close and nothing else.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
INFPs pretend to be your friend and then steal precious items... maybe that's just the one INFP

gromit

likes this
I don't know. I have spent time with 4 INFPs in my life. Only one was warm. The rest have either been chilly and/or dark which I don't mind at all. I've just made a friend of an INFP 4w5, probably. T's are supposed to be cold, but it tends to be pretty neutral, INFP 4s like to try to provoke your emotions.

Same, I've known several with stony faces. Very caring on the inside, but I think they come across more as aloof.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
When did we get demoted?

Well the issue is we're actually so serious, but on the outside people think we're soft and use our quietness and vibe for their problem dumping ground.