• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Important question about thinking

do you get physical sensations when thinking?

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • what?

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so i have a question: do you get certain physical sensations that tell you the answer? for example when i have to think of my right side i feel something between a tingle and slight pressure on my right thigh and that lets me know it's my right

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:thinking: Not sure if I'm fully understanding the question...

If I think of a body part, I may become slightly more aware of general sensations occurring in that region, but the thought of the part itself doesn't seem to elicit any new physical response/feeling, if that makes sense.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:thinking: Not sure if I'm fully understanding the question...

If I think of a body part, I may become slightly more aware of general sensations occurring in that region, but the thought of the part itself doesn't seem to elicit any new physical response/feeling, if that makes sense.

I don't know I've just come to the conclusion that nothing matters and we're all just painting

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know I've just come to the conclusion that nothing matters and we're all just painting

Painting as in the verb, to paint? Or did you mean paintings? Like Vigo The Carpathian in Ghostbusters 2, or the little girl trapped in the painting in The Witches?

If it's the Vigo thing, I guess I'm game... :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Painting as in the verb, to paint? Or did you mean paintings? Like Vigo The Carpathian in Ghostbusters 2, or the little girl trapped in the painting in The Witches?

If it's the Vigo thing, I guess I'm game... :shrug:

like we're apart of a painting and we move through it and it's in a gallery with other paintings (universes)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
like we're apart of a painting and we move through it and it's in a gallery with other paintings (universes)

That sounds very Doctor Whovian. I can dig it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yay now confirm all my thoughts as true then i will build us an awesome world

*hands over my roommate's kid's Crayola art kit* go for it. Just draw us more cats. And give me better hair.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That sounds like an incredibly unique way to process things. I guess the closest I can get is feeling different head states when thinking or analyzing particular things (ie. the traditional foggy headedness or dazed feeling when analyzing a lot or maybe a headache if what I'm analyzing makes me upset or whatever?) but outside of that that sounds somewhat foreign to me...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I often make myself quite ill if I’m thinking about something which makes me angry or frustrating...but I don’t think that’s the same.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]
That is a really interesting phenomenon you have. I don't have anything like that, but I do have a kind of physical empathy when I see pain, all the nerves in my core and stomach area become hypersensitive and it hurts a little too. It feels a little like a burning sensation without heat.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That sounds like an incredibly unique way to process things. I guess the closest I can get is feeling different head states when thinking or analyzing particular things (ie. the traditional foggy headedness or dazed feeling when analyzing a lot or maybe a headache if what I'm analyzing makes me upset or whatever?) but outside of that that sounds somewhat foreign to me...
yeah i think that would happen to anyone, but maybe not. I thought my thing was common
I often make myself quite ill if I’m thinking about something which makes me angry or frustrating...but I don’t think that’s the same.
it's not but i've thrown up from being angry/frustrated. but that's like to the extreme
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]
That is a really interesting phenomenon you have. I don't have anything like that, but I do have a kind of physical empathy when I see pain, all the nerves in my core and stomach area become hypersensitive and it hurts a little too. It feels a little like a burning sensation without heat.

I get that as well but it's when i see emotional pain