• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm emotionless, dispassionate.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My brother is an INTP and he is the same way. My auxiliary Fe comforts and understands his inferior Fe, so we get along quite well. I think that INTP folks mellow out more as they age and the more they expose themselves to personal relationships where vulnerability acts as the center piece.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like that sometimes; my ISFP boyfriend often tells me it seems like I never get excited about things like he does. I wish I did. He'll have an idea to do something fun, and I make it seem like I'm excited, but my panic disorder makes it difficult to look past the end of each day. I don't cry over normal sad stuff (like losing a family member) either. In this case, my emotions usually don't catch up with me until several months later, and by that time they're just anxiety.

sonictard

Nobody understands a shit. But those who were nice, received likes.

I do not even know why I started the topic when I knew in advance that nobody will understand the alchemy behind it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

I do not even know why I started the topic when I knew in advance that nobody will understand the alchemy behind it.

What a cop-out. You didn't even answer my question with an honest reply, so why have expectations of being understood when you are not even at a minimum willing to invest the time to be authentic? My reply to you was sound. You aren't feeling emotions keenly atm because you are numbed out (as above).

If you want it to change, it can be changed. But if you're happy where you are and just want people to leave you alone, why even make this thread? Sounds like a cry for help to me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Nothing, it's interesting to keep people unnerving.

So you will be fine with people simply discarding you because you like this ^^ reaction. You won't get to blame them for not trying hard enough to make you feel better or normal.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=25394]sonictard[/MENTION]

You said you don't have emotions, but do you have convictions? I.e. things you believe are true on an intellectual level very strongly? The authoritative edge you get from speaking those can seem emotional to people, though it can also become annoying to those that don't have strong opinions on much.

What do you find yourself wanting to say to people, when you do?

Just telling people that you have a hard time expressing emotions and (the broad strokes of) why probably would also do wonders.

sonictard

What a cop-out. You didn't even answer my question with an honest reply, so why have expectations of being understood when you are not even at a minimum willing to invest the time to be authentic? My reply to you was sound. You aren't feeling emotions keenly atm because you are numbed out (as above).

If you want it to change, it can be changed. But if you're happy where you are and just want people to leave you alone, why even make this thread? Sounds like a cry for help to me.

Please, help me baby. Get me out of this abyss.

sonictard

So you will be fine with people simply discarding you because you like this ^^ reaction. You won't get to blame them for not trying hard enough to make you feel better or normal.

Why would I want someone to make me feel better or, normal, when I'm fine and normal? I've said, people feel chills around me, cause I'm aloof.

@The Mask: You said you don't have emotions, but do you have convictions?

Yes, I believe in myself.

What do you find yourself wanting to say to people, when you do?

Nothing, they speak to me. I'm observer, analyst. Sex therapist.

Starry

[MENTION=25394]sonictard[/MENTION]

I imagine this will seem like trivial voodoo sentiment as well... but think about reading up on 5w4.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Dude, I say, "don't worry about it too much." I bet when you find more like-minded folks, you will probably become more open but still remain emotionally reserved. I would guess that you DO have emotions but you aren't swayed by them as much as other people... And that's OK... that's probably just how you are... Nothing wrong with being aloof as long as you aren't doing it as a form of punishment/manipulation.

sonictard

The best way to become emotionless (in fact - egoless; that's the point) is getting involved in sports. MMA probably (the best). When you are highly physically active, suddenly, your body are starting to produce 'anelgesic effect'. That's why are manny great athletes appear so calm and disinteresting (almost sleepy).

This is Gunnar Nelson, my favourite Mix Martial Artist.

excrpt:

HTML:
Endurance training has been reported to induce a variety of psychophysical effects, including stress reduction (Rosch 1985), anxiolysis (Morgan 1985), mood elevation (Janal et al. 1984; Wildmann et al. 1986), and reduced pain perception (Janal et al. 1984). Moreover, there are numerous reports in the popular and scientific press regarding a state of euphoria while running, commonly referred to as runner's high (Wagemaker and Goldstein 1980; Partin 1983; Morgan 1985). To date, there is no generally accepted definition as to what runner's high is, but common descriptions include feelings like “pleasantness,” “inner harmony,” “boundless energy,” or even druglike “orgiastic” sensations. The degree of exercise-induced mood change differs considerably between individuals (Dietrich and McDaniel 2004), and currently, little is known about the mechanisms mediating euphoria upon physical exercise. The most favored theory, the “endorphin hypothesis” (Morgan 1985), ascribes these psychophysical effects to changes in central opioidergic transmission. The endorphin hypothesis was put forward because indirect measures such as raised endorphin levels in peripheral blood (Carr et al. 1981; Gambert et al. 1981; Farrell et al. 1982; Janal et al. 1984; Wildmann et al. 1986) and cerebrospinal fluid (Radosevich et al. 1989; Hoffmann et al. 1990) as well as the reversibility of exercise-induced mood changes (Janal et al. 1984), pain perception (Janal et al. 1984), and pupillary miosis (Allen et al. 1983) by naloxone (unspecific opioid receptor antagonist) presented strong arguments for an opioidergic involvement. However, the existence of an “endorphin driven runner's high” was questioned (Markoff et al. 1982; Dietrich and McDaniel 2004) because, up to now, the entire basis for the involvement of brain-derived endorphinergic mechanisms is depicted from measurements of endorphins in the circulating blood.

The runner's high describes a euphoric state resulting from long-distance running. The cerebral neurochemical correlates of exercise-induced mood changes have been barely investigated so far. We aimed to unravel the opioidergic mechanisms of the runner's high in the human brain and to identify the relationship to perceived euphoria. We performed a positron emission tomography “ligand activation” study with the nonselective opioidergic ligand 6-O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-6-O-desmethyldiprenorphine ([18F]FDPN). Ten athletes were scanned at 2 separate occasions in random order, at rest and after 2 h of endurance running (21.5 ± 4.7 km). Binding kinetics of [18F]FDPN were quantified by basis pursuit denoising (DEPICT software). Statistical parametric mapping (SPM2) was used for voxelwise analyses to determine relative changes in ligand binding after running and correlations of opioid binding with euphoria ratings. Reductions in opioid receptor availability were identified preferentially in prefrontal and limbic/paralimbic brain structures. The level of euphoria was significantly increased after running and was inversely correlated with opioid binding in prefrontal/orbitofrontal cortices, the anterior cingulate cortex, bilateral insula, parainsular cortex, and temporoparietal regions. These findings support the “opioid theory” of the runner's high and suggest region-specific effects in frontolimbic brain areas that are involved in the processing of affective states and mood.