• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(I/E)STJ feeling like something else

ginger_1

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hi,

I've done different Myers-briggs tests for the last years on different occasions. Two times by a professional and many times on free online versions.

I always get either ISTJ or ESTJ, much depending on my lifestyle at the time. If I'm very active and meeting a lot of people I score E and if I'm a bit down and have a more passive lifestyle I score I. This to me is natural. I can also say that I usually score ISTJ and that I feel like an introvert. I have to "try" to become an ESTJ and I do it sometimes because it makes my life more interesting. (I like to think of myself as an outgoing introvert, i.e. I'm neither shy or extrovert.

My problem is that almost nothing I read regarding how an ISTJ/ESTJ is supposed to be I can identify with. Especially for ISTJ and the things related to being pedantic, not being adventurous and always feeling the need to plann - these are things that I can't identify with AT ALL. I always live in the moment, and I seldom feel the need to plan my life longer than a couple of months ahead. I only feel the need to structure things when the chaos makes things go bad, i.e. if you're planning a trip with friends and everyone's all over the place just stating their own opinions.

Is this something someone can identify with? Can someone who knows more about MBTI explain it?

I'm new to this forum, so if there's any information I left out that should have been included; feel free to let me know and I'll update the post.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hi,

Is this something someone can identify with? Can someone who knows more about MBTI explain it?

I'm new to this forum, so if there's any information I left out that should have been included; feel free to let me know and I'll update the post.

I think it is pretty simple actually.

All SJ profiles are out of date and if you are somewhat certain that you are some kind of a SJ then you probably are even if half of the stuff from type profiles doesn't sound like you.

ginger_1

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think it is pretty simple actually.

All SJ profiles are out of date and if you are somewhat certain that you are some kind of a SJ then you probably are even if half of the stuff from type profiles doesn't sound like you.

How are they out of date? Do you have any link with a discussion regarding this?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
How are they out of date? Do you have any link with a discussion regarding this?

Is there a possibility that you are not STJ ? Yes.

However the problem with SJ type profiles is that they are all biased towards the American conservatives from 50 years ago and people living in deep American south. What can be extra tricky if you are not even American. Therefore it is quite often that a young modern and educatied SJ just does not fit the profile in almost anyting, even if they are typed correctly.

I think that [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] might be the person that may say something more profound about this topic.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Basically what virtual ghost said.

Just because STJs like to plan, doesn't necessarily mean that they like to plan way way way far in advance. Like more than a few months in advance. But the fact that you specifically mention "chaos" as a thing to be avoided, indicates to me that you are most likely J.

To help us narrow it down:
- What do you relate to about ESTJ and ISTJ descriptions?
- What don't you relate to?