• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to recognize the "intuitive" man

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:thinking:

uhm, by talking to them.

If this man is immediately brainstorming other ideas. While you were day dreaming about your next event. Then you might be talking to your intuitive man.

Last edited:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are some characteristics/behavior of the intuitive man? I'm very high on the intuitive scale...and seem to spot it easily in women...but have a tougher time telling which of the men I meet are the "N"s.

I'm trying to be a bit smarter about the men I get close to now.
Look for the guy with his nose in a book. At a social gathering. :D
Try him with a slightly off the wall observation, and see if he reciprocates, or (better yet) *tops* it, with a reluctant grin...

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
What are some characteristics/behavior of the intuitive man? I'm very high on the intuitive scale...and seem to spot it easily in women...but have a tougher time telling which of the men I meet are the "N"s.

You mean on sight, without engaging in conversation?

I do think it's possible to spot Ns, though mostly by recognition. I just feel a certain way when I'm around Ns, and it's not necessarily a good/bad thing. Just a feeling. So based on how I feel around fellow Ns, that kind of helps me to know when I might be around an S.

Edited to add:

In my experience (I repeat: this is just me), I tire less easily when I'm around fellow Ns, even if they're extraverts. Being around an ENXX who is getting me into all sorts of trouble will be less tiring, sometimes even energising, than a subdued encounter with an ISXX. I think this is some kind of body-based energy thing. Even in silence, my body simply feels and behaves differently when I'm with an S; it feels rather like being in fight or flight mode; I'm body-aware.

Last edited:

LovelySweet

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think this is some kind of body-based energy thing. Even in silence, my body simply feels and behaves differently when I'm with an S; it feels rather like being in fight or flight mode; I'm body-aware.

Maybe it has something to do with those of us that are "N's" wanting to connect...so we're observing others at all times. Those that we can't find a common element...we keep re-searching for it...kwim? Exhausting.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:doh:

Um, guys? The t-shirt remark was tongue-in-cheek.

After listening to an episode of Says You!, my best friend (ISTJ 5w6) suggested that if an old building was poorly remodeled by a certain athlete, the resulting headline would be JIM THORPE COMMITS GRIMTHORPE. :greatscott:

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Maybe it has something to do with those of us that are "N's" wanting to connect...so we're observing others at all times. Those that we can't find a common element...we keep re-searching for it...kwim? Exhausting.

YES! That's it. It's not being able to find that common element in which N + N naturally connect, the thing that makes being-ness easier, even if you're arguing. It's a lack of common base. In the worst case scenario, certain Ss have felt alien to me, and without a doubt, me to them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So you are screening men based on their supposed MBTI? How is that any different than screening them on a religious or racial basis? (Why am I the first to notice the irony?)

I would definitely screen on a religious basis. I'd also screen by education and how much money they made but those are questions that can be answered easily. The vast amount of people have no idea what their type is so it's a matter of being around them and observing (unless they're willing to take the test). That's what I'd tell the OP to do, too.

mbagg170

MBTI Type
ENFP
Intuitive guys will at some point during a conversation bring up the "why" behind things. You may be having small talk but at some point they will start discussing why things are the way they are or why people do certain things - because intuitive guys are always wondering about the "why" while the sensor types generally don't care about why things are the way they are... they just are. Intuitive guys also have a philosophy of everything - that's another sign of an intuitive

Destiny

A wannabe dog

Look for people who are able to talk in abstractions.

I'm an INFP female but I think the same applies to INFP males as well. As an INFP, I have this tendency to talk in abstractions. I often use lots of analogies to explain my thoughts as well.

For example, I previously have this music assignment in school. We are supposed to create our own music and then present the music to the entire class. I ended up writing a short fictional story just to explain my music. My classmates who heard that short story that I wrote told me I have a great imagination because I managed to transform a simple music assignment into a fictional story. ;)

So I supposed this is how you can spot an INFP in real life. Look for the one who is very imaginative, always talking in abstractions and are constantly using lots of analogies to explain things.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Strangely I'm going to use trucks as an object to describe this one... The sensor is the guy that thinks he is cool because he is driving around in a giant lifted pick up with mud tires, and god knows what excessories. Meanwhile the Intuitive is more likely to be thinking or laughing about how stupid it is to drive a truck like that in the city, where you are obviously not going to be handling alny extreme terrain, so why not drive a fast efficient car?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strangely I'm going to use trucks as an object to describe this one... The sensor is the guy that thinks he is cool because he is driving around in a giant lifted pick up with mud tires, and god knows what excessories. Meanwhile the Intuitive is more likely to be thinking or laughing about how stupid it is to drive a truck like that in the city, where you are obviously not going to be handling alny extreme terrain, so why not drive a fast efficient car?

Well, "efficient" might not be the correct word: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s-inferior-se-horrible-taste-automobiles.html

:cool:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting... Every vehicle I have owned was used, and driven for a particular style/purpose alike, but maybe that's where the 4ish behavior steps in?

The premise of the thread is a bit flawed, but if you take it as is, it would apply more to older INTJs. When I was younger, I wanted inexpensive and simple cars that didn't stand out.

However, inexpensive usually means "cheap" and "unpleasant" and "a pain in the butt". Now that I am older, and can afford it, I own a car I really like. It is just the right size for me, it performs excellently, and since I really like it, I am not at all tempted to trade it in for something newer and better, which means that I'll probably drive it into the ground, saving money up until the point I am forced to get a new car.

It's also red. Red wouldn't have been my first choice, but it does have its practical advantages: it stands out, making me more visible on the road, and thus is indirectly a safety measure. A light gray/silver car (my typical preference) would have been much less visible on the road.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The premise of the thread is a bit flawed, but if you take it as is, it would apply more to older INTJs. When I was younger, I wanted inexpensive and simple cars that didn't stand out.

However, inexpensive usually means "cheap" and "unpleasant" and "a pain in the butt". Now that I am older, and can afford it, I own a car I really like. It is just the right size for me, it performs excellently, and since I really like it, I am not at all tempted to trade it in for something newer and better, which means that I'll probably drive it into the ground, saving money up until the point I am forced to get a new car.

It's also red. Red wouldn't have been my first choice, but it does have its practical advantages: it stands out, making me more visible on the road, and thus is indirectly a safety measure. A light gray/silver car (my typical preference) would have been much less visible on the road.

I can totally relate. I'm all about Honda civics, and Jeeps, and I only like to drive white vehicles, but I've also wanted a black car just to feel stealthy. I do always drive my vehicles to death, until I'm forced to buy anew... However I tend to invest in the performance quility of vehicles (currently a jeep). When I select a vehicle, but have a mental chart that I use for measuring efficiency, along with aesthetics.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
probably if you can pick up on ni or ne while they speak

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm also really high on the intuitive scale and I've always just been able to tell with guys and girls since long before I even knew about MBTI or that what I was noticing was intuition. I just could tell some people were "like me" and that most weren't, weird I know. Sadly, I've met very few N guys. Of the intuitive guys I have met, they tend to be very good at cutting to the heart of an issue and quick to call the motivations of others just like us ladies. They also tend to be sarcastic and love abstract debate and big ideas. Oh and they look like they're staring into your soul. Again just like us girls. As somebody else mentioned, complex/formal language is a big one. If you don't think you can recognize it in guys you probably just haven't met many because it's pretty clear but seems pretty rare.

LovelySweet

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you don't think you can recognize it in guys you probably just haven't met many because it's pretty clear but seems pretty rare.

I think you're right. And also I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't really have many guy friends. They seem to do the bait and switch after we're friends...lol. :dry:

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think you're right. And also I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't really have many guy friends. They seem to do the bait and switch after we're friends...lol. :dry:

I asked about this once and got this reply: "Because it usually works."

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I thought long and hard about a different color when I bought my new car. I always bought medium sized SUV's with 4WD for the area we live in blah blah blah. It was never about what I really wanted, just the practical choices. They were always black though, I couldn't compromise on the color.

This time around I said - I'm getting what I want. I still got black but it's phantom black. It also fits the car perfectly. I love it, I never want to get out of it. The downside is that I've been pulled over twice since I got it in April.