• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do people have the patience to write ridculously long posts?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes people need the truth spelled out for them step by step in paragraphs because too much precision with a differing or unexplainable point of view automatically feels like an attack designed to turn truth on its head and make them look bad, or just simple flippancy, rather than an attempt to illustrate the broader picture and context that lead to whichever conclusions or points of view in a logical manner. Emotionally biased, misinformed or logically erroneous worldviews or opinions need to be dismantled point by point, fallacy by fallacy, if there is to be any form of two way communication on the issues. There also seems to be a general consensus that demonstration of at least basic literacy is required for your opinions to be of any possible intellectual import. That said, I don't usually have the time or willpower to pull this off as often as I should.

Also, some people will go to real lengths to demonstrate a particular context or life situation in an attempt to have their emotions validated or understood either because it's necessary to get the gist of their feelings/complexity of the situation/issue across or because they don't really know how to explain or subjectively weigh the most important underlying ideas necessary to be understood properly, so they just write everything. And for some people the act of stylizing and expressing themselves via writing in the form of many paragraphs is a psychologically pleasurable act in and of itself.

Join forum -> read paragraphs written by others -> write long paragraphs -> look back fondly on long paragraphs written by self and force others to read them -> look at me mom I'm Mark Twain.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Don't you know the concept of a NOT joke? I gave a sample of incoherent speech from an idiot who advocates the use of short communications to an absurd degree. There was a big "NOT" and the end of my sample. It means that I do NOT believe in anything said right before it, but I believe in the opposite.

Your video is about proving that crazy is crazy.

:nice:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't you know the concept of a NOT joke? I gave a sample of incoherent speech from an idiot who advocates the use of short communications to an absurd degree. There was a big "NOT" and the end of my sample. It means that I do NOT believe in anything said right before it, but I believe in the opposite.

Your video is about proving that crazy is crazy.

:nice:

I was AGREEING with you. Don't you know what AGREEMENT looks like?

:devil:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Join forum -> read paragraphs written by others -> write long paragraphs -> look back fondly on long paragraphs written by self and force others to read them -> look at me mom I'm Mark Twain.

That's clever, that's exactly what I told an ESTP friend who decided to start a political blog, people don't need to feel attacked, they needed to feel attracted to your writings..
By the way, I'm reading "The Prince and the Pauper" by Mark Twain done with few chapters it's interesting I like it [emoji3]