• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my type?

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have moderately severe chronic depression that has lasted for almost 8 years. (and gotten worse over that period of time). I haven't been healthy or happy for a LONG time. Therefore, it's been hard for me to figure out my true type. I've been unsure of it for years. I think I might have more luck figuring it out if I look at how I was before the depression. Can someone take a look and tell me what they think?:

The cause and progression of my depression:

sudden loss of friends/social group>>loss of support and acceptance>>became withdrawn, isolated>>severe anxiety because of trying to stay afloat and be successful>>slowly lost more self-esteem and confidence after repeated failures>>total depression. Apathetic, no motivation, no passion. Avoids everyone.

I was not depressed throughout my childhood and about half of my teenage years, and these were some of my traits:
-Independent
-Mischievous
-Sneaky
-Dramatic
-Sensitive
-Was talented at almost everything I did, but didn’t stick with anything for long
-Dedicated to schoolwork
-Smart/Gifted. Put in advanced classes. Loved reading.
-Very sensitive to injustice. Demanded fairness.
-Enjoyed being center of attention
-Show-off
-Weird/funny
-No inhibitions; very self-confident.
-Somewhat oblivious to others' feelings. Kind of self-centered.
-If I got in trouble, it was almost always because I did something that invaded someone else’s space (I never realized this was wrong and was often confused about why I got in trouble)
-Argumentative; Usually compliant, but would push back against authority or debate with them if I felt they were wrong. Was sometimes outright defiant.
-Was interested in politics from a relatively young age.
-Wasn't hugely influenced by peer pressure.
-Liked having a large social circle. Enjoyed planning big parties with friends.
-Introverted tendencies as well; liked doing projects on my own, reading for long periods of time. Preferred being in control if put in a group
-As a younger child: would lie to people just to see if I could get them to believe me