• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Help Me Finish Tri-Fixing myself; Heart Triad 4w3 v 4w5

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Hi! I've been into Enneagram for a little while now and while I have come up with my tri-type, I need help finishing the last bit of the process. I suppose I should start by telling you what I have so far. I am an ENTP ( Albeit with ENFP tendencies), and am 7w6. My tri-type is 794, with the 9 being 9w8, and I have 4 as my 3rd type. However I cannot determine which 4 Wing would apply to me as both are equally accurate.

To start, 4w3 is appealing as 3s are all about fame, glory, and ambition which is very appealing to me (I'm even a Slytherin 😉). I have very lofty goals and dreams and I'm also very ambitious, aiming to be very successful past college. I can also be quite a bit of a spotlight hog, so yeah there's that.

I could also be a 4w5, as 5s are generally considered the smart type, which I am. While I generally dislike horror, there's a small dark part of me that is very fascinated by it, in a scientist kinda way, like 5s. I know 5s are introverts, which I can be as well, as I can be very withdrawn at times, as well as stuff like that. I'm very well aware that I could just be a 4w3 with the Five explained by my 7 going into 5 as well as my ENTP status. But I still kinda want to know what my last 4 wing really is for sure. Just to get this off my mind.

To conclude, any advice, questions, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: If I am doing something wrong here, please notify me with at least that, so that I may attempt to fix it. Thanks.

Last edited:

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
(Sigh), I get the picture, I'm not going to get an answer for this, shame. I really wanted to know. This is the THIRD Site I've sent this too and not one response, wish I knew why too. Huh. :(

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(Sigh), I get the picture, I'm not going to get an answer for this, shame. I really wanted to know. This is the THIRD Site I've sent this too and not one response, wish I knew why too. Huh. :(

Edits do not bump threads, so your thread didn't get higher or more visible.

You haven't given any relevant information that could help determine your type. Enneagram is about fears and coping mechanisms.

It's hard to give people a typing when they only make two posts. Try engaging with the community more and your thread will get responses. There's also information here already available for you to read that would eliminate the need to make threads across sites.

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh. I guess I was a bit abrupt with it, 😌, sorry. Yeah, Sure, I guess I can do that.

Thanks, in case you couldn't tell, I literally just made an account here to get some sort of answer as this is one of the biggest Typology sites out there.

Also the 4w3 vs 4w5 articles, I felt applied equally, so I couldn't choose.

I first got into this 2 years ago, although Ive only been in forums for the last 3-4 months, I finally wanted an answer so I posted it in Reddit, waited 2 weeks nothing, Personality Café, 2 weeks, nothing, Here,1 week before I noticed what was happening, edited to see if I could get any tips for a 4th try, and then you responded and that was great.

Still not sure, but I'll look into what you said, thanks

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you are certain about 4 fix you just need to read a few profiles of e3 and e5. The one that sounds more correct for you is the wing.

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
OK. I will look into that, any that you found that you would suggest?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi! I've been into Enneagram for a little while now and while I have come up with my tri-type, I need help finishing the last bit of the process. I suppose I should start by telling you what I have so far. I am an ENTP ( Albeit with ENFP tendencies), and am 7w6. My tri-type is 794, with the 9 being 9w8, and I have 4 as my 3rd type. However I cannot determine which 4 Wing would apply to me as both are equally accurate.

To start, 4w3 is appealing as 3s are all about fame, glory, and ambition which is very appealing to me (I'm even a Slytherin 😉). I have very lofty goals and dreams and I'm also very ambitious, aiming to be very successful past college. I can also be quite a bit of a spotlight hog, so yeah there's that.

I could also be a 4w5, as 5s are generally considered the smart type, which I am. While I generally dislike horror, there's a small dark part of me that is very fascinated by it, in a scientist kinda way, like 5s. I know 5s are introverts, which I can be as well, as I can be very withdrawn at times, as well as stuff like that. I'm very well aware that I could just be a 4w3 with the Five explained by my 7 going into 5 as well as my ENTP status. But I still kinda want to know what my last 4 wing really is for sure. Just to get this off my mind.

To conclude, any advice, questions, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: If I am doing something wrong here, please notify me with at least that, so that I may attempt to fix it. Thanks.

How did you figure out you were a 9 secondary? Are you sure you're rather a 4 than a 3?

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
How did you figure out you were a 9 secondary? Are you sure you're rather a 4 than a 3?
Oh. That, Well the 3 types I relate to the most were in the Thinking Triad, so nope, then I saw the 9 fit me next Most. In the Anger Triad, I am to chill to be an 8, and anyways, I live with a Lot of 8s, and I am not like them, I'm not that driven or aggressive, I never get mad, also, I figured it couldn't be a 1 at all since, unlike 8, I associate myself with NONE of it, I am too flaky and irresponsible, so that left 9. Finally, I guess I could be 3w4 for my Heart Triad, I just chose 4 as while I am 3-ish, I'm not like mean with it, also I liked the creativity aspects 4 brought, so that could be it, not sure. Appreciate the input.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I could also be a 4w5, as 5s are generally considered the smart type, which I am.

Naa, actually I hate my w3 side. I also tend to veer towards to the spotlight, although with time it becomes necessary to lean back and blend in to stay unnoticed since the spotlight is the place where your 4 needs of sincerity are completely double-crossed. And besides, ENTPs for their lack of Fi can't really be 4s. You just wish you were one, as aspiring to develop that function, instead of truly knowing what that is, how it feels.

+ that second line in the quote. Wtf. You're the "smart type," huh? Or you could be a smart type, again, if it doesn't contradict with your 7, the integration point of which is 5. Man, it's no question why I opted for 4w5 instead of 4w3: I wanted to be as focused, as determined as a 5 instead of the jumpy, scattered, fun/distraction chasing a person I am with my 6w7. And you might want to consider changing the N to S since being the "smart type" sounds too... too much lacking abstraction... it's like, man, you sure you aren't a bit too young for this site? Like, experience life, others feedback of you when exposed outside of your comfort zone, introspect a few years more and then come back?

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Naa, actually I hate my w3 side. I also tend to veer towards to the spotlight, although with time it becomes necessary to lean back and blend in to stay unnoticed since the spotlight is the place where your 4 needs of sincerity are completely double-crossed. And besides, ENTPs for their lack of Fi can't really be 4s. You just wish you were one, as aspiring to develop that function, instead of truly knowing what that is, how it feels. + that second line in the quote. Wtf. You're the "smart type," huh? Or you could be a smart type, again, if it doesn't contradict with your 7, the integration point of which is 5. Man, it's no question why I opted for 4w5 instead of 4w3: I wanted to be as focused, as determined as a 5 instead of the jumpy, scattered, fun/distraction chasing a person I am with my 6w7. And you might want to consider changing the N to S since being the "smart type" sounds too... too much lacking abstraction... it's like, man, you sure you aren't a bit too young for this site? Like, experience life, others feedback of you when exposed outside of your comfort zone, introspect a few years more and then come back?
Oh, right I guess I kinda did sound like an egotistical turd (which I kinda am, but not like that), so sorry. As for the other thing, what makes 4 an Fi type? Also, I am in no way an S type, It's one of my weakest functions. I guess I am a little bit young, but I really enjoy these types of things, which is why I'm into them, although I kinda already did take a 2 year break from it, but I'll look into what you said or something.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, right I guess I kinda did sound like an egotistical turd (which I kinda am, but not like that), so sorry. As for the other thing, what makes 4 an Fi type? Also, I am in no way an S type, It's one of my weakest functions. I guess I am a little bit young, but I really enjoy these types of things, which is why I'm into them, although I kinda already did take a 2 year break from it, but I'll look into what you said or something.

4s are not egotistical turds... which they are, of course, kinda, but not like that. We don't allow something like that to slip out so easily. :DD Because we're image types, you see, and what for the love of Gandhi would people think if we announced so explicitly that yes, we are "the smart type." Perhaps that we were an egotistical turd indeed. Or something.

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
4s are not egotistical turds... which they are, of course, kinda, but not like that. We don't allow something like that to slip out so easily. :DD Because we're image types, you see, and what for the love of Gandhi would people think if we announced so explicitly that yes, we are "the smart type." Perhaps that we were an egotistical turd indeed. Or something.
Yeah, I know. I didn't realize that that was the case until I was told, despite all my efforts, knowing exactly what to say without offending others has never been my strong suit, Fe not Fi, but I still want to improve it, as I see it as a Weakness/Detriment and want it to be normal, as I don't like offending others or having my self-image tarnished, once again, yeah kinda, and as I said, my full type (ish) is 7w6 9w8 4w3/5 (I think) I am not a 4 Dom and it shows, so not everything has to apply, but no, I see your point

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I've never met an ENTP tertiary 4 IRL, so I think that must be some exotic (sub)type. Or perhaps I did, but recognizing him as one then. There's one girl on YT you might wanna check out, an "Fi aspirational". She uses her creativity in a more individualistic, artsy-fartsy, quorky way, gives that blueish, more serious, sad impression (than the full-blown E7 ENTPs) but if you really look closer she's got a masculine aggression underneath, a competitive edge, able to put you down. Core E4 I think makes man more dreamy, passive, feminine.

YouTube

idelarosa1

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Huh, I see and I heavily agree. Yeah, I guess I am an Fi aspirant, tell you why below.The rest of this will be very long and personal, so it's OK if you zone out or something.

Yeah, I agree. The reason why is kinda bad. I was hurt by my ESTP father a lot when I was younger, it wasn't like just this to me, it was to everyone, no one was immune, not even his own mother, (she was eccentric, but generally nice and well meaning, not deserving of the treatment she got), which honestly disgusted me to a large degree, abusing people who have only shown you support, horrible. I grew to hate him, and eventually one day when I was really young, I made myself a promise, that I would end up NOTHING like him, never abuse or hurt anyone in any way, as I could never bring myself to do that stuff, and I would never wish that treatment on anyone, I would only bring good to others, always. That promise also served as a kind-of revenge on him, I would trump him by generally being a better person.

I've lived with that all my life, and it has served me well, I eventually ended up being one of the most popular kids at school, loved by everyone. Yet it was all still hollow, as try as I might, I don't have Fi, and I never will. I cannot understand it, I don't. I feel basic emotions, happy, sad, mad, the basics. Yet whenever I get to the deeper stuff, I just cannot relate, for instance, you hear a lot on the media about love, I'm not sure if I've ever felt it, a source of my neverending ire and sadness, whenever people show it to me, I become cold, squeamish, and uncomfortable, and am generally unsure what to do, I never reciprocate, as I can't, and I hear everyone talking about how nice it is, and I can't have that experience, which saddens me. I feel emotions, but it is all the most Basic Fe one, I give the illusion of being a healthy, fully emotional person, but it is all fake, a facade, all caused by extreme dedication and using Fe to gain Intel on how a standard human uses feelings and copying that, so that I appear normal.

I would be an ENFP, if not for that, (and the fact that my Te is 1000% nonexistence), when I first tested, I questioned my ENTP status, but finally accepted it, but the thing that ticks me off is that ENTPs are assholes stereotype, I could never hurt someone like that by being that mean.

Now the reason why I said I was a 4 was another thing, I said that I grew to be ridiculously popular, but it was all fake, no one knew how I really was, they just knew the mask, which is why I never had any real friends, which greatly upsetted me, I had no one to talk to about anything. There were several cliques at my school, and I was a 6th ranger at all of them, yet part of none, despite my popularity, whenever there were group things, no one chose me. I hated that. I eventually switched schools a few years later, and I could get rid of the facade. But I had it on for so long that I knew nothing else, I never even knew the real me, whoever that used to be, I had no identity, which disturbed me. I set out to craft one on my own, relishing any chance to show myself off. It was in my quest to craft one that I wanted to find something to help me get started, which is what got me into Personality Tests a few years back. I used that as a base and built my new identity around that. I figured out my MBTI, and most of my Tri-fix, but I was never able to determine the 3rd, so I put it on hold for a few years, and why I made this post, to find out and finish what I started, I eventually settled on 4 as being myself is very important to me, not someone else, and I am a unique and eccentric fellow, so I embrace that. Also my other options in the final heart triad were 2 which is too sentimental for my likings, and 3, which I saw my self as not ruthless enough for, as it is dominated by a feeling of being #1 always, all the time, which I just view as exhausting, (though after considering it, I may just be 3w4), and although I am ambitious and want to change the world for the better, (while gaining fortune and fame), having it be my defining characteristic seems a bit excessive. Although even then, to be Freudian, that ambition may just be a side effect of me being deprived of a lot of things growing up, so maybe I just want that stuff as a sort of recompensation of being denied that when younger.

So there's that and hope this serves as a ridiculously complex answer to your question