• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Health and diet

Lark

I was watching this TV documentary which was a little like Super Size Me only its someone looking at diet and health, the guy was finding out about the links between super processed meats and cancer, he checks the american cancer charity website and they recommend these types of food which the World Health Organization had categorized in the same way as cigarettes.

This documentary was mainly American but that diet is being globalized, the trends there are catching on elsewhere, I wonder about this, where can you even go to get the good information on diet?

Part of this is being drive by profit, I know that, sell the disease and then sell the cure, but I'm also aware of all the crazy conspiracy theories that suggest that these things are all a sort of secret social policy, killing off the masses and controlling population numbers that way. Like most conspiracy theories I dont think that's true. I think most conspiracy theories are manufactured by linked unrelated stories to a central set of values, then a sort of confirmation bias takes over, however, there's usually some grain of truth that's distorted.

What do you think about this topic? How the hell do you find the facts?

yeghor

It's not a conspiracy theory. They just want to make the most profit out of products so they are cutting corners to increase production rates.

As for food, too much frying and too much sugar is bad for the body as well.

Try to get fresh and raw ingredients as much as you can and organic-certified ones if possible. If you can have your own patch of land to grow your own crops, greens and eggs and milk and and turn into butter and cheese or yogurt, even better.

I mostly eat pasta or rice mixed with vegetables or canned tuna and also some instant soup. They are all are processed but don't cost much and easy to cook.

Yogurt is good for the gut. I consume fresh parsley as greens. Chestnuts can help too with cholesterol.

I also used to drink some herbal teas daily, mixing hibiscus, cinnamon, lemon slices, and some other herbs from the herbalist. Might help with the urinary tract.

If I can have 2-3 acres of land in future to live on, I can give growing my own stuff a try.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you referring to the documentary What the Health?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just found these at the store: GTs Alive Ancient Mushroom Elixirs, and they are really, really good and only have 20 calories. There is a Ginger Turmeric one that is helpful right now that I'm on an antibiotic and feeling a little queasy. The Root Beer is good to drink with a meal although a bit stronger than pop versions. They all have a bit of a bite spice-wise, but that's partly why I like them. They also do make me feel surprisingly good.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just found these at the store: GTs Alive Ancient Mushroom Elixirs, and they are really, really good and only have 20 calories. There is a Ginger Turmeric one that is helpful right now that I'm on an antibiotic and feeling a little queasy. The Root Beer is good to drink with a meal although a bit stronger than pop versions. They all have a bit of a bite spice-wise, but that's partly why I like them. They also do make me feel surprisingly good.
There’s one of the root beers in my fridge right now. My friend is staying over; it’s hers. It smells quite different from regular root beer. I’m not adventurous enough to try it, but I hear those particular mushrooms do have a lot of health benefits.