• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Functions Quiz

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This quiz might be difficult for those of us steeped in function relationships terminology. But here goes anyway:

With absolutely no regard to your function stacking - meaning, your answer should contain no reference to function stackings - which do you identify with most out of these function pairs?

Se or Si -

And why? -

Ni or Ne -

And why? -

Ti or Te -

And why? -

Fe or Fi -

And why? -

Last edited:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes this a quiz exactly?

SE or Si - Probably neither. Both are neglected, and used only as necessary.

And why? -

Ni or Ne - Pretty equal. I am more consciously aware of Ne, I think.

And why? -

Ti or Te - Ti.

And why? -

Fe or Fi - Fi.

And why? -

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did this in my type me thread, so I just pasted my answers :D If type is relevant, I am probably a INFP.

Se or Si - Introverted sensing
And why? I have a strong sense of how I want things to be, and dislike when something tries to change the routine that i am used to having. I am good at remembering an noticing small changes in details that others sometimes don't notice. I value my personal belongings and don't like other people using them, if that is relevant. I enjoy being nostalgic sometimes, like watching movies for the sake of remembering my childhood; and love the feeling of sensing something and then instantly being reminded of my past. Regarding Se: Perhaps when making a decision I might have to see it first, but more so I also have made my impression of what to expect. On more extreme terms, I dont seek adrenaline rushes (okay, that was exaggerating Se) nor feel like I want to experience life, in an Se perspective, and prefer a deeper meaning to things. if you know what I mean? Also I heard Se types are very confrontational, whereas I am avoidant.

Ni or Ne - not sure
And why? -
I often imagine an ideal outcome, and I am good at being able to tell how an event will turn out, therefore I am not surprised when something goes wrong or such. I know if something will work(or not work) the way it is planned initially. I enjoy seeing hidden associations and patterns, and I get exited when I figure something out. I love watching those clever tv shows or films where everything connects, or their are similarities within the plot/characters. I do need external stimuli in order to develop ideas and get some inspiration. As mentioned in my questionnaire, I am curious to how things work around me. I'm not sure if any of this is Ne related or not though. discussing and finding out other peoples ideas and perspectives is interesting. I often point out the potential in things in my environment.

Ti or Te - Extroverted thinking
And why? - Te: I do like to keep my external environment organized, especially if it is a workplace. I like to have a place for everything and don't lose things easily. I am good at doing research and often in group work I am the one to collect all the data from research and usually bring thoroughly written information to the group. It is not necessarily a priority to keep things clean all the time, only when necessary. I sometimes write dates on calenders, stick reminders on my wall, etc. Ti: When someone says something that doesn't make sense to what I have learned on the subject I will quickly point out where they are wrong. If they use a web source I will not be convinced. So yeah, it is pretty hard to persuade me in a logical argument if I have a lot of knowledge on the subject. I need to understand the theory behind the facts when learning to, in order to understand.
But I don't understand Ti doms.

Fe or Fi -introverted feeling
And why? -Fi: Sometimes it seems like I am unaware of what the majority of people think and I feel very independent with my values. Deciding what is right/wrong seems like common sense to me. I feel like I have always been good that compared to my peers. Because my opinion is individualistic I often get criticized of being such and such and then I start to feel really bad. In order to compromise I try to learn their perspective on the matter. Getting everyone involved in a group is important; I don't like to leave someone out just because everyone disagrees with that individual and believe in that equality. I don't tailor my expression to suit or harmonize with others, simply because I find that hard.

Duffy

SE or Si - Could go either way. Maybe slight edge to Si.
And why? - I'm not great with details. I don't remember the faces of people I see everyday. A girl at school once asked me to vote her for student counsel. I smiled and asked if I knew her. She was like "I'm in your class." It was pretty embarrassing. I think I utilize Si in remembering how to do things....I tend to "feel" it out. There's a pattern ingrained, but it's vague...I can only do it if I'm actually put in the situation to do it. I'd describe it as a sensation library.
_____

Ni or Ne - Ni
And why?
- I rely on gut feelings and impressions. I can arrive at the same conclusions as others, but have difficulty retracing steps or explaining how I got there. Ne is known for bouncing ideas off others as a way of refinement. I tend to focus on a single idea, the one I regard important, the "big picture" and let it marinate. The idea is like a piece of jewelry, a diamond, one with an endless cut pattern, whose detail I observe as I turn, with each angle and perspective representing new insight. An Ni user once described it as FbJ8$#*q/ = answer [Ni] vs. ABCD123 = answer [Ne]. Yis. #psychic #mewtwo
_____

Ti or Te - Ti
And why? - Te, at it's core, is very pragmatic, efficient, terse. This is something I try to develop in myself, but it's a not natural mode of being. I lean towards a personal framework for understanding concepts. It's more fun, and I like bullshitting.
_____

Fe or Fi - probably Fe
And why? - I used to think Fi, but I'm reassessing my thoughts on the matter because I think it's dated. I think I hang on to archaic notions of what it means to be extroverted feeling vs introverted feeling: like political correctness and oversharing of emotional content [Fe] vs the opposite of all that, authenticity [Fi]. I'm noticing a pattern in Fi attitudes that's really different from my own.

1) Strongly idealize other people and give others too much credit without realizing their own value. Example: They tend to put thinkers on pedestals as being so much more logical than themselves.
2) Easily offended when their identity is put under question even though they asked for it.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se or Si - Si, by a decent amount.

And why? - I am not Se because I always feel nervous venturing into unfamiliar territory, and generally have little desire to boss people around. I am closer to Si simply because I usually am unaware of my surroundings and withdraw into the comfort of my own body out of habit. I tend to notice when I am uncomfortable in a given situation, and I tend to be aware of how different foods affect my body and mind. I do have tendencies to eat alot under stress, but I am not sure if it's really related to Se.
I know this might be stereotyping, but I absolutely derive no pleasure at all from watching or playing sports, and find violent behaviour very intimidating and unnecessary.
A reason why I am neither is my general obliviousness to all aspects of physical reality. My head is my home, and so what goes on beyond that is just unappealing and draining. Oh and I sometimes remember things that never actually happened... is this the work of a cancerous Si? I'm no good at the sensor world :(

Ni or Ne - Definitely Ne

And why? - Honestly I don't even know what Ni is... I try reading over descriptions of it but I just don't understand it lol. From what I know it's unconsciously narrowing down the possibilities until the answer hits you. I can't do that. What I do have is a love for new ideas and possibilities, and have a difficult time trying to find a single best option.

Ti or Te - Ti? *Shrugs*

And why? - bleh.

Fe or Fi - Fi

And Why? - I have little to no Fe. I find it difficult to display emotion of any kind which I am not feeling, and generally don't go out of my way to make others feel welcome, as much as I'd like to. Then again, I am not sure what the fuck these "value" things are and why they keep coming up in descriptions of Fi.... WHAT THE HELL ARE VALUES?! I HAVE NONE! DOES VALUING PIZZA COUNT?! I FUCKING LOVE PIZZA! AM I AN FI NOW?!

also note that just because my reasons for why I am Si are longer than any other, doesn't mean I'm a ISxJ... I just got lazy. I need some sleep...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I identify with both Ne and Ni, but use Ne more. As I posted earlier, I live in the realm of possibility - more of what could be than what is or was - but unlike a Ni user, my brain is always inundated by ideas. It is hard to "switch off". There also is a chaos, a randomness about it that I associate with Ne, where the creative jungle can, at times, be directed harmoniously. When that happens, the possibilities are amazing. I also notice that my intuition collects information in more of a Si than a Se-like way.

Fi vs Fe is pretty obvious, anybody who reads my posts can tell that I use Fi a lot. As for Ti/Te...I make an effort to use Te, especially when I'm trying to appear serious, business-like (e.g. my debating style), but I'm not really that good at it and tend to fall back on Fi after a while. Ti-type thinking is rather alien to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify with both Ne and Ni, but use Ne more. As I posted earlier, I live in the realm of possibility - more of what could be than what is or was - but unlike a Ni user, my brain is always inundated by ideas. It is hard to "switch off". There also is a chaos, a randomness about it that I associate with Ne, where the creative jungle can, at times, be directed harmoniously. When that happens, the possibilities are amazing. I also notice that my intuition collects information in more of a Si than a Se-like way.

Fi vs Fe is pretty obvious, anybody who reads my posts can tell that I use Fi a lot. As for Ti/Te...I make an effort to use Te, especially when I'm trying to appear serious, business-like (e.g. my debating style), but I'm not really that good at it and tend to fall back on Fi after a while. Ti-type thinking is rather alien to me.

Your enneagram type is identical to that of Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Se or Si - Definitely Si.

And why? - I'm generally pretty unaware of my surroundings, and I have trouble living in the present. It seems like I'm always in the past or future, or if I'm in the present, it's ideas and not surroundings. However, I've always related to Si. Traditions are important to me (family and personal traditions, not really traditional values), and I try to honor them as much as possible. I love doing things the old way sometimes just for the nostalgia of it all. Sometimes that's led me to believe I'm an S type, because I don't necessarily love changing things just to see what happens or just to be innovative--in fact, change shakes me up a little. (However, my Ne explains why I'm an N.) I'm a sentimental pack rat. You could give me a crumpled up paper from when I was in third grade, and I'd probably keep it in my special past box--yes, I have a special place for tangible memories! I have a wonderful long-term memory, especially for things that have emotional significance in my life. As a kid, I knew a lot of random trivia. At the worst points in my life, I was constantly in the past, ruminating on everything that had happened. Because of my moderately developed Si, I consider myself an INFP using Jungian functions, even though I could be an ENFP with the dichotomies.

Ni or Ne - Ne.

And why? - I tend to focus more on what could be rather than what will be. My friends and loved ones, with whom I share my Ne, frequently say stuff like, "How do you come up with these things?" or "Your mind works in the weirdest ways." I can almost always think of something quirky or random to say. Even as a kid, I described myself as weird and random (though I wasn't always happy with that). My thought processes are sort of like trampolines, and others agree with me here. I do things differently, loving the feeling of being offbeat and idiosyncratic (Ne used in conjunction with Fi and my 4w3 nature).

Ti or Te - Ti.

And why? - Because I'm such a strong F type, none of my Thinking functions are that developed. All I know is that I have weak Te. I have my own sense of logic and data. It may not be apparent from the outside, but I have a good sense of my own personal limits. I tend to have classifications and systems in my mind, but they're really only used for myself. As for Te...I'm pretty bad at organizing the external world. I'm kind of a lazy slob who isn't too comfortable being in complete charge of things. The only instance of Te I can think of in my life is when I'm under stress, or when I'm dealing with something I care about. When I'm doing something I'm passionate about, something that involves my personal interests (in conjunction with Fi), I'll be great and productive. Under stress, I can become kind of ESTJ-like (either that or I just shut down).

Fe or Fi - Fi.

And why? - Again, I am a very strong Feeler. Both my F functions are pretty well-developed. But I've always been more comfortable with Fi. Fe is something that I've learned/picked up along the road of life. I'm extremely self-aware and in tune with who I am as a person--so much so that people have commented on it. I know myself and my inner workings almost like the back of my hand. I love turning inward and reflecting on how I've changed and grown (in conjunction with Si), and how my values have matured with me. I'm very big on personal expression. Looking back on my past, it's easy to see that Fi was prevalent over Fe. For a time in fourth grade, I added a motto next to my name every time I had to write it: "stay you." I also remember painting on a big canvas in my room, "I can't promise to be perfect, but I promise to be real." My whole life before a certain point in high school was centered around finding myself.

Yep. :)