• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

faith and purpose

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A friend was mentioning this with me and I have the perspective that your purpose should not be inherently rooted within your faith. Your relationship with God has little to do with whether or not you find purpose within your life, at least in my opinion.

If you are religious or spiritual, do you feel your purpose is derived from your belief?

If you are not, but feel purposeful, where do you derive your sense of purpose from?

I am quite spiritual but I also lack a bit of direction myself so I don't find them correlated.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I always liked the band name Built to Spill. I have no idea what they sound like, but they’re in my top ten favorite bands.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Purpose is always gonna be subjective I think. I mean biologically you have a purpose to eat, survive and reproduce, but other than that, it's all about whichever goals make you excited and motivated in life.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always liked the band name Built to Spill. I have no idea what they sound like, but they’re in my top ten favorite bands.

dude that's a local band in my state. XD

Mole

Permabanned
A friend was mentioning this with me and I have the perspective that your purpose should not be inherently rooted within your faith. Your relationship with God has little to do with whether or not you find purpose within your life, at least in my opinion.

If you are religious or spiritual, do you feel your purpose is derived from your belief?

If you are not, but feel purposeful, where do you derive your sense of purpose from?

I am quite spiritual but I also lack a bit of direction myself so I don't find them correlated.

I for one have given up purpose and direction in favour of the cloud of unknowing, click The Cloud of Unknowing - Wikipedia.