• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EXFJ?

nocturne

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Usually when I take the MBTI test I either get ENFJ or ESFJ and am not sure which one is right. If you could help me out with that a little, I would really appreciate it :) If it helps, my mom is an ISFJ and my dad is an ENTP.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have no idea how to tell apart S and N types.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn most for love and meaningful relationships. Connection with other people. That brings me happiness. Also, I'm pretty religious so it would be nice to have closure on that and know that regardless of which religion is true, it turns out okay in the end. Though that seems impossible in this life, so the first one is the main goal.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Over Christmas break, I met up with an old friend I haven't seen in months and we made pizza and talked about our lives. It was at my finest because with her, conversation is very effortless and we can just talk about anything for hours.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I am told I'm being selfish. This used to happen more when I was a teenager and ever since then, I've been trying to eliminate any parts of me that might come off as selfish. It's something I'm very sensitive about and try really hard not to be.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Probably people first, how it will affect others and also myself. Then I would think about how I feel in terms of morality, what is the "right thing" to do and all that. Pros-cons doesn't exactly matter at that point because as long as the first two are in order, it doesn't really matter what the pros and cons are.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Normally, my emphasis is making sure it is organized and done well as well as reflects whatever message it needs to. If it's a personal project, then yeah, control would be nice. If it's a group project, I don't mind not being the one in charge and would prefer to just help out rather than control everything.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

When my extended family had a reunion near a lake last year. Really positive and happy because I got to see my aunts and uncles who I don't really get to see too often now that I don't live at home as well as a cousin who was my best friend growing up. I love family dynamics and enjoyed the time spent together, as I appreciate that time now that it doesn't happen as often anymore.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I'm a pretty audio-focused learner for some reason and work best if the information is told to me rather than written down.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Pretty organized. My dad is... not... at all... so I think I got really attached to structure as I didn't have a lot of that growing up. I like the future to be planned and secure.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Hm. Probably look for information that supports it and then fit it in with the principles of how I understand the world and how it fits in.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

By making sure everyone is fine and that I belong. Being myself comes second. Important, yes, but it is more important to belong to me. If there was a serious moral issue, though, I would definitely stand up for my beliefs. But if it's all okay on that level, I would prefer others be happy and that I have acceptance with them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking unless I'm really, really angry. But I'd have to be extremely furious to lose all reservations like that. One-on-one if I'm talking but I enjoy listening and giving input in group discussions as well. It really depends.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

A little of both. I like to research and make sure all is in order, and then I'll jump in. Actions definitely speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends. If it was a close friend or partner, either invite them over or put the show on pause and go hang out with them. if it was just an acquaintance? So long as they don't need me to help with something, I probably would just not answer the phone and figure out an explanation the next day.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Really emotional and snappy. Easily frustrated.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

If they don't care about other people feelings, that gets on my nerves.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Yeah, I love learning about people's life stories and what's going on for them right now. Also, I like talking about their world views (like what they find meaning in, how they feel about spiritual matters, and so on) and maybe expressing my own, too, if it seems like a good thing. Also, I like deep conversations that connect me with the other person.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably power-oriented things. That doesn't really interest me. I care if other people love me or think I am a good person, but not whether I am in a position of leadership/are respected in that way.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They seem to think I'm laid-back when in reality I am constantly under pressure to give and receive love/act selflessly so that they will like me. Also, most people think I'm introverted but I'm more of a shy extrovert in that I would much prefer to be with others than do alone-related activities. They would probably never say that I'm cynical/sarcastic as I'm not. I like it but am the worst at using it.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Hanging out with friends/my S/O. Maybe going on a hike. Also baking. Maybe reading and listening to music, too.