• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP/ENFP relationship? Hopeless?

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not much, just living life, trying to make the most of it. How's your life?
Mmmmhm. My life is a whirlwind of ups and downs. I try my best to amuse myself. Like, talking to you for instance after your brief tirade denouncing ENFPs :happy2:.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mmmmhm. My life is a whirlwind of ups and downs. I try my best to amuse myself. Like, talking to you for instance after your brief tirade denouncing ENFPs :happy2:.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to denounce them. I was just telling my experience with some and I don't think it's a good idea to attempt a commitment with them. But I realize that not all ENFPs are the same. Maybe the ones I've known have been very immature.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to denounce them. I was just telling my experience with some and I don't think it's a good idea to attempt a commitment with them. But I realize that not all ENFPs are the same. Maybe the ones I've known have been very immature.

Ah, I appreciate you saying that; it shows maturity. I should apologize too, as I didn't mean to discount your experience.

Personally I appreciate commitment and am not afraid of sacrificing and working for a relationship. My being a type 6 may contribute somewhat to this. IMO type 7 ENFPs may be a bit more averse to commitment, but even then that's not a given.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know how old this thread is and can't easily check. Assuming recent.

There have been a lot of ENFP compatibility threads lately. Maybe all the active ENFPs should just host a panel?

I imagine the results would be much like the common answer for all these threads: "Speaking for myself..." "Depends on the individual" maybe one or two who'll vehemently reject everyone within a type set for dubious but sometimes interesting reasons.

Anyway, the only way you'll be able to figure out your potential is by getting to know each other better. People can surprise you. Communicate well and save the fretting for if/when you become aware of concrete irreconcilable differences.

Best of luck.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, I appreciate you saying that; it shows maturity. I should apologize too, as I didn't mean to discount your experience.

Personally I appreciate commitment and am not afraid of sacrificing and working for a relationship. My being a type 6 may contribute somewhat to this. IMO type 7 ENFPs may be a bit more averse to commitment, but even then that's not a given.

I never got into Enneagram with anybody I've discussed MBTI with so far. So I have no idea what Enneagram they might have been, or if they know themselves. It wasn't so much the commitment aversion as it was not appreciating what I wanted in life because their values conflicted. But I understand that's how Fi works, and I'm guessing it knows no exceptions to what holds true to its own values.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know how old this thread is and can't easily check. Assuming recent.

There have been a lot of ENFP compatibility threads lately. Maybe all the active ENFPs should just host a panel?

I-volunteer-as-tribute.gif

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I never got into Enneagram with anybody I've discussed MBTI with so far. So I have no idea what Enneagram they might have been, or if they know themselves. It wasn't so much the commitment aversion as it was not appreciating what I wanted in life because their values conflicted. But I understand that's how Fi works, and I'm guessing it knows no exceptions to what holds true to its own values.

Hmm, that makes sense.

So, what types are you interested in romantically, if you do have any preferences?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, that makes sense.

So, what types are you interested in romantically, if you do have any preferences?

Well actually, I'm living the cliche: not pursuing any relationships until my own professional success is resolved. I just don't have the means right now. I'll get around to it eventually. It's pretty easy for me to find nice ladies.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the things that are hardest to navigate in relationships are
  • different core values
  • ineffective conflict resolution (which you don't really know until you try)
  • incompatible lifestyles

So I could see an ENFP and an ESTP who have compatible lifestyles and values and could resolve conflicts well, or they could be really bad at those things. It depends a lot on who the two people are.

Probably when type comes into play in a relationship has most to do with communication and conflict, but more as a way to get added insight into a person and how they are expressing themselves so you both can understand one another better.

I like the list in bold.

I say try it, but what if the ENFP is really an INFJ and the INFJ is a dream come true to the ESTP in socionics (duals).

or, she may be an INFP and then that would be worst case scenario for socionics (conflicting duals). But the OP will find out in a few weeks, or maybe even less.

The list helps

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP

Not the first time I've heard an ESTP call someone immature. Just to poke at your weaknesses. How about I call you unintelligent.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not the first time I've heard an ESTP call someone immature. Just to poke at your weaknesses. How about I call you unintelligent.

how about you don't? :huh:

unless you're one of his exes, I don't think he was calling YOU immature... I mean, I actually read the sentence and such and got that :rolleyes:

and trolling a sensor forum with labels like unintelligent might not be the smartest move... just a friendly suggestion

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Anybody can be unintelligent or immature. It's not the MBTI type, it's the person. You took this personally and insulted me in return. Not the first time I've seen an ENFP apply a general statement for themselves, even when the person speaking hasn't spoken to them before, and therefore probably doesn't even know them. Also, I did apologize for anything I did to possibly offend the member I was speaking with.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Anybody can be unintelligent or immature. It's not the MBTI type, it's the person. You took this personally and insulted me in return. Not the first time I've seen an ENFP apply a general statement for themselves, even when the person speaking hasn't spoken to them before, and therefore probably doesn't even know them. Also, I did apologize for anything I did to possibly offend the member I was speaking with.

See you are verifying my statement. When you GENERALIZE you are in fact making a statement about ALL members of the GROUP. That's why it's called GENERALIZING. Silly ESTP.

- - - Updated - - -

Or an INTJ.
Or an ENTJ.
Or
Or
Or
Or

ESTJ & ISTJ

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
See you are verifying my statement. When you GENERALIZE you are in fact making a statement about ALL members of the GROUP. That's why it's called GENERALIZING. Silly ESTP.

Does anyone else notice something really funny about the above statement in relation to the below statements? :holy:

Or an INTJ.
Or an ENTJ.
Or
Or
Or
Or

ESTJ & ISTJ

ENFP & INFP.

lol in the same light as ESTJ & ISTJ? How about not.

Silly ENFP :rofl1:

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Does anyone else notice something really funny about the above statement in relation to the below statements? :holy:

Silly ENFP :rofl1:

Even though you have not stated it, I will state it for you. You are assuming I am criticizing generalizations or against them. I'm pointing out that he generalized and then said it does NOT apply to me, when I am part of that larger general group. If you are trying to say that I'm a hypocrite, I'm not. But you are clearly unintelligent. lol