• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Connection to T.V..

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I decided to stay in one night. I hadn't stay in in a while and I needed it. But there's nothing to do at my house [hench why i don't stay in, no good books, no internet, no videogames, just a t.v.].

I turn on the T.V. and look at the preview chanel and end up seeing star trek the next generation. I haven't seen it in a while and I love that show.

It's the episode titled "best of both worlds" and there are two more episodes coming on next. The title sounds familiar and I'm not sure why, I trying to remember what's so important about this episode.

I know something happens, but I don't know what. Then I here them mention the Borg and it dawns on me, this is where captain picard is captured and then they get him back.

So it's nice, because the borg were my favorite and this is one of my favorite episodes. But after both of the two are over they show another one where they're at earth and the enterprise is being repaired and Captain decided to go to earth.

This is the first time in about a year that something on T.V. has elicited an emotional reaction of any kind to me.

Picard's brother is being an ass, because he's jealous of him. Picard is nothing but nice to the guy. I can relate to this, my mother does this to me. I start to notice that Picard is an INTJ and his brother is an ESFJ, which is like me and my mom.

He was thinking of quiting and his older brother yells at him and manages to get underneath his skin by talking about the Borg to him. Picard stormed off, and his brother follows and bother him more.

Then a fight breaks out, and they stop. and Picards in tears and explains how it felt when he was with the borg.

He said that he was trying so hard to stop them, because they were going to destroy everyone, but he couldn't, as he's crying. There was nothing he could do to break free of the Borg control, NOTHING he could do to stop them from wiping out earth, he was completely helpless. He remembered all of it and had to watch as they used him and controlled him.

Initially I started to relate to this, because I hate when I can't do anything about something, especially if other's are going to be hurt. Not to mention all the things he wanted in that episode were a lot like me which made it more so.

But the idea of wanting to help someone and not being able to save them from their demise is a very horrible one. Then the idea that the rest of the Borg members must be feelling the same way their entire existence after they've become Borg. That's pretty depressing as well.

While emoting all of this it was very very depressing, even though I knew it was only fiction I felt bad for them.