• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe there is such thing as evil?

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. Somebody was responsible for Full House, after all. You can't pin that on God or Nature's grand plan.

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, not objectively at least. Subjectively? Yes, obviously. "Evil" is a moral concept, and morality is subjective. Therefore evil is subjective
-Kanye69

Mole

Permabanned
No, not objectively at least. Subjectively? Yes, obviously. "Evil" is a moral concept, and morality is subjective. Therefore evil is subjective
-Kanye69

The morality of liberal democratic society based on human rights is objective and is encoded in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

To understand liberal democracy and human rights it is necessary to know their history.

Unfortunately the horizon of narcissists does not extend beyond themselves and certainly not to history.

And they live in a society that dismisses history, and so they parade their narcissism here with all the pride of obedient children.

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just because liberal democracies believe that certain morals are objective does not mean that they are. (I'm liberal btw.) Morality is, itself, subjective, imho, whether or not people believe it
-Kanye69

Mole

Permabanned
Just because liberal democracies believe that certain morals are objective does not mean that they are. (I'm liberal btw.) Morality is, itself, subjective, imho, whether or not people believe it.-Kanye69

Do you believe the morality of the Holocaust was subjective?

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I of course believe that the holocaust was reprehensable, but, technically, yes
-Kanye69

Mole

Permabanned
I of course believe that the holocaust was reprehensable, but, technically, yes
-Kanye69

So technically we could say, from a subjective point of view, that the holocaust was not evil but good?

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
President Trump is democratically elected under a Constitution which limits his power and term of office, while Putin and Xi have unlimited power for life.

No, Putin was elected. Trump congratulated him on his win.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Whenever I hear the word evil, I think I'm being sold something. It's a pretty useless word that provides no useful insight into a situation (unless someone is possessed or something).

StrawberryBoots

I do believe there's evil, but I'd be lying if I said I understood it, and there are no answers to my questions, "why?"

I believe that with spiritual maturity and emotional fortitude, evil is conquerable.

There's a faith that overcomes the world.

Mole

Permabanned
I do believe there's evil, but I'd be lying if I said I understood it, and there are no answers to my questions, "why?"

I believe that with spiritual maturity and emotional fortitude, evil is conquerable.

There's a faith that overcomes the world.

Narcissists only see evil through their own eyes, while the greatest evil is the social evil of genocide.

Lark

Its a lot easier to answer this question than it is to the question of whether there's any good.

Lark

But, if you changed your mind, technically, you'd be right to believe it was good.

Just like you may like skittles today and not like them tomorrow.

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But, if you changed your mind, technically, you'd be right to believe it was good. Just like you may like skittles today and not like them tomorrow.
Technically, yes. Moral statements such as "Murder is evil" are simply us claiming "I really, really dislike murder."
-Kanye69