• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do people need to reproduce to feel complete?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Hello?

Well just for a scenario's sake:

What kind of food would tempt you? :happy2:
Tempt me to pig out you mean? Oh man...I mean my constant cravings involve chicken strips, McChickens, chicken nuggets (see the patterns?), but also poutine. Those few foods I can eat forever and never not want to eat them. I NEED a 40 chicken nugget meal.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tempt me to pig out you mean? Oh man...I mean my constant cravings involve chicken strips, McChickens, chicken nuggets (see the patterns?), but also poutine. Those few foods I can eat forever and never not want to eat them. I NEED a 40 chicken nugget meal.

Only $10 at McDonalds lol for 40 pc. chicken. Favorite dipping sauce?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where is this?! I need that in my life. Sweet and sour! You?

America. :cry: (Just order 2, 20 pieces)

Yes. Oh I can't go wrong with Honey Mustard. I get BBQ when I want to feel "interesting".

BTW, I'm back in California again!!

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
America. :cry: (Just order 2, 20 pieces)

Yes. Oh I can't go wrong with Honey Mustard. I get BBQ when I want to feel "interesting".

BTW, I'm back in California again!!
On damn, that's amazing!

I don't know if I can accept anything but Sweet and Sour. It's sooooo good!

YAS! How do you like it? Are you happier now? I'm in Europe!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On damn, that's amazing!

I don't know if I can accept anything but Sweet and Sour. It's sooooo good!

YAS! How do you like it? Are you happier now? I'm in Europe!

I know right?! Hey I'll split a 40 piece with you any day! a-ha.

Really? It's like ok for me.

LOVE it back here!! I never felt more home here than being the other state. People are way more chill, but given the price that today there was this woman saying Yeah I'm fucking watching you, oh yeah don't you prank me like saying that until I walked away. I was creeped out. Few creepy people with much chiller people is like a far better life to live than like overly "I'm the best child there is" image everywhere. :dry:

Romania?! With your ENFP fran?!

w1408.jpg

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cant i just have my babies in peace?

I mean. I really want to buy them dinasaur onsies.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I would imagine that once you start to look outward, see outside of yourself in seeking meaning, what it all means, what life means to you, that you would start to see what path(s) are right for you in feeling any particular fulfillment. Given that we all have this biological time bomb built within us and a feeling or "need" to reproduce, how else can a species survive without such coded need, I would assume that the two (this biological need to reproduce and the personal path towards self fullfillment) would naturally cross paths at one point or another. Whether this direction is accurate, meaning, whether having children aligns with one's path of self fulfillment is indeed true and not muddied or confused, with what is true, is something that has to be realized on an individual basis. I take it, that if by the time that ticking time bomb occurs before the individual realizes their path or understands themself to a point of knowing what will give them the utmost satisfaction in life, then the void will be filled with child bearing as a sort of "convenience", mixed in with potential external, social pressure.

Who knows really, just thinking off the cuff here.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel the need to create things, but not necessarily children.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As someone who identifies as ace and will not have biological children, I resent the assertion that the drive to reproduce is some "natural" or "intrinsic" need encoded into our "humanity".

That implies that I am not wholly human.

I do have a strong drive to create and to guide a younger generation, but none of this is even remotely related to having biological children.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As someone who identifies as ace and will not have biological children, I resent the assertion that the drive to reproduce is some "natural" or "intrinsic" need encoded into our "humanity".

lol. Are you serious?

That implies that I am not wholly human.

No, it doesn't.

Edit: And to answer the OP's question: no.

Last edited:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...and it starts.

Uhhuh. Whatever.

This kind of exchange is pretty typical. It's no wonder that people stay invisible.

Yes. Heaven forbid I should be incredulous at your conclusions and disagree with you.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. Heaven forbid I should be incredulous at your conclusions and disagree with you.

Heaven forbid that you treat people with respect instead of
1) laughing when they come out
2) asking them if they're serious and
3) playing the 5-year-old "yes it does/no it doesn't" game that has exactly zero contribution to the thread

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heaven forbid that you treat people with respect instead of
1) laughing when they come out
2) asking them if they're serious and
3) playing the 5-year-old "yes it does/no it doesn't" game

No. I am in fact incredulous that you think people who believe reproduction is "natural" are implying that you are not "wholly human."

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. I am in fact incredulous that you think people who believe reproduction is "natural" are implying that you are not "wholly human."

No? What is that no to? The fact that you laughed when I talked about my orientation and asked me if I was serious? Or? The fact that my orientation could lead me to my conclusion?

I said that, and I quote
I resent the assertion that the drive to reproduce is some "natural" or "intrinsic" need encoded into our "humanity".

If I lack that drive, is the implication not that I am "unnatural" or "inhuman" in some way? Which, by the way, is a common assertion made about people who are ace.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No? What is that no to? The fact that you laughed when I talked about my orientation and asked me if I was serious? Or? The fact that my orientation could lead me to my conclusion?

I said that, and I quote

If I lack that drive, is the implication not that I am "unnatural" or "inhuman" in some way? Which, by the way, is a common assertion made about people who are ace.

The lol was a direct response to the following:

I resent the assertion that the drive to reproduce is some "natural" or "intrinsic" need encoded into our "humanity".

I am indifferent to your asexual orientation.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The lol was a direct response to the following:

I am indifferent to your asexual orientation.

And yet, as I said from the start, that my orientation directly informs my opinion. So you "indifferently" laughing at my opinion and writing it off isn't disrespectful? I also noticed that while you were laughing there, you also didn't address the clear implication that was the original content of my post?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And yet, as I said from the start, that my orientation directly informs my opinion. So you "indifferently" laughing at my opinion and writing it off isn't disrespectful? I also noticed that while you were laughing there, you also didn't address the clear implication that was the original content of my post?

Clearly, you're not going to let me get in the way of you being offended by me. Carry on.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Clearly, you're not going to let me get in the way of you being offended by me. Carry on.

Clearly, you're going to abdicate responsibility for your words/reactions, not even bother to have to defend it or address my point, and try to make it about me being offended.

For the record, I hear this stuff so often that if I got offended every time I'd be dead from a heart attack.

What I'm doing is pointing out the inherent implications and assumptions behind these words. I'm not offended, just disgusted.

Indifferent laughing about the real people who have considered this deeply and have the context of orientation tied to their opinions? That says quite a bit about who you are.