• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Different Results for Instinctual Subtypes and Wings in Enneagram Tests

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had taken the full Riso and Hudson Ennegram test a couple of months ago, and got 4w3 sp/sx. Though on the Enneagram Explorations test, I got 4w5 sx/sp. Which test do you think has the best validity in the results, from your experiences?

KitchenFly

Yer that's interesting. It seems that someone has tweeted the test since Don Riso passed away. I am a 9w1 and I came out as a 9w8.

The only think I can think of that made this so is perhaps Russ Hudson has modified the test for some reason. He is a So/Sx so he may think that a more feeling (feel/think) bent upon the test is needed, the fact is that it seems to be identifying "mood" and the opposite wing to the Riso Subsidiary Wing (agenda) is "mood" the wing that is influenced by mood.

Is it a good think to move the goal posts and change the rules of the game with out making it clear in contrast of the teaching of the enneagram institute? Well I think research that Leeds to dexterity in identifying ether or both wings is good and cleaver but it is misleading to identify the other wing that is not the subsidiary wing.

Rewrite the books and let people know the the new subsidiary wing is the the wing on the opposite side, the mood emotion side. Would be my advice to the enneagram institute.

But they can do what they wont it there game and there agenda they are following.

There is a structural reason for the agenda wing, being the subsidiary wing, and that reason is, there is a structural order they stems the structural flow from the order flow. It dose not work if the opposite wing is ordered as being the subsidiary wing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I had taken the full Riso and Hudson Ennegram test a couple of months ago, and got 4w3 sp/sx. Though on the Enneagram Explorations test, I got 4w5 sx/sp. Which test do you think has the best validity in the results, from your experiences?

Read profiles and try to determine from them.
Tests often can't pick such details.