• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Did you hate people based on their MBTI?

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know that we subconsciously dislike people who we disagree with -in a major way- or those who will harm us, or just uncompatible with us.
So whether voluntarly or involuntarly, did you ever decide to hate someone when you discovered their MBTI or enneagram? Stereotyping everyone like them.

Or you prefer to try your luck this time and encounter with them to get to know them better before you decide?

And from your experiences which decision is the best?

And I know this question might be hard to answer. But, what were the reasons that made it necessary for you to bash them first, in your case? If you ever needed.

No offence intended whatsoever. :) for educational purposes.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No I don't. If I dislike someone, it's because of their actions.

I do find certain personality types harder to get along with in some instances. But it just varies so much do to the person's maturity, values, and how they treat others.

For instance, I adore some ESFJs I know yet I currently have a boatload of issues with a member of my extended family who I think is likely an ESFJ (she could be an ENFJ I suppose, but she strikes me as more Si). So, you have one ESFJ who I never want to speak to or even see again, but you have two other ESFJs who are literally some of the most important people in my life.

There are great people of every type and well, frankly negative examples of each type.

No.

This is how it goes for me, at least on this forum seeing as people irl don’t come with MBTI tags. When I see someone new I scan in the order in which a profile is set up. Name, avatar, and then type (assuming they’ve entered one). I’ve become very good at guessing a few of the types just by selected names and avatars and have turned it into an amusing game.

However, none of that means shit ultimately. Content of posts is everything. Someone can definitely be mistyped or be an outlier of that type. The posts are the meat of that person or at least the meat of what they’re advertising as them anyway. Obviously it takes the analysis of several posts to draw any real conclusions. Noticing patterns and reading between the lines is key. Give me a half dozen posts of decent length and I’ll have a preliminary assessment. That’s how I start formulating an opinion of someone on here.

So no- four letters don’t determine anything but a general sketch of someone’s personality, and even then that’s assuming they’re listed as their correct type. Generating an emotion as powerful as hate over type is extreme. I may dislike certain members and I’ve definitely noticed certain combinations (of MBTI and enneagram) that I tend to clash with more often.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't care what a person's type is, I talk to them, test the waters of their temperament, learn some boundaries and get to know them all while making a fool of myself in the process. As long as I don't engage people in certain topics, I think I get along with most people.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as people irl don’t come with MBTI tags

can`t you tell irl if this person is the same as the one you always calsh with? personality precisely doesn`t matter, it`s like knowing those two have the same personality but you don`t know which one, yet.
like knowing from the first glance that you mustn`t approach this person in a personal tire. because I live my life proving my hunch to be right in knowing people to be avoided.

Generating an emotion as powerful as hate over type is extreme. I may dislike certain members and I’ve definitely noticed certain combinations (of MBTI and enneagram) that I tend to clash with more often.

so their is a certain pattern of which someone might make enemies with constantly. the reason I wrote this thread is because I`ve noticed a certain connection between people you may dislike throughout your life. for every PERSON it`s different. it is like this: you make 'enemies' with a certain type of people and it will continue for the rest of your life, unless, you learn how to deal with them and what makes them hate you for example, or have this dislike energy coming out of them/you.

if we imagen that such conversation actually happened. would the reason for hate be something solid in the personality(type) or some changeable traits(maturity and morals), most likely?

I may have used language like 'enemies' and 'hate' but this is an exaggeration and not meant literally.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. Simply no.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not directly. It often turns out that I tend to dislike certain types more than others. But I don’t judge people by their types. Their way of thinking and actions is what makes me dislike them.

can`t you tell irl if this person is the same as the one you always calsh with? personality precisely doesn`t matter, it`s like knowing those two have the same personality but you don`t know which one, yet.
like knowing from the first glance that you mustn`t approach this person in a personal tire. because I live my life proving my hunch to be right in knowing people to be avoided.

so their is a certain pattern of which someone might make enemies with constantly. the reason I wrote this thread is because I`ve noticed a certain connection between people you may dislike throughout your life. for every PERSON it`s different. it is like this: you make 'enemies' with a certain type of people and it will continue for the rest of your life, unless, you learn how to deal with them and what makes them hate you for example, or have this dislike energy coming out of them/you.

if we imagen that such conversation actually happened. would the reason for hate be something solid in the personality(type) or some changeable traits(maturity and morals), most likely?

I may have used language like 'enemies' and 'hate' but this is an exaggeration and not meant literally.

Idk I don’t invest a lot of time or energy in most human beings so I don’t really notice types beyond obnoxious and not obnoxious irl. I simply don’t care enough to investigate. Loud, pushy, and arrogant people get on my nerves. If you embody those traits, I ignore you more than most people. Or we have an altercation sometimes.

On this site I really clash with those I classify as pompous. Perhaps I come off as pompous to others. I’m more than willing to admit mistakes and if I feel I’ve really wronged someone, I’ll apologize. Some people will not admit mistakes and will not admit to their behavior. Perhaps certain types do exhibit certain traits but individuality still influences that heavily.

There can definitely be tendencies in groups but tendencies are not the same as absolutes. Go through the 16 types and you’ll have the best and worst of those types and they’re represented through individuals. Then you have unhealthy types and mistypes never mind the immature ones. It’s personality. It’s an intangible thing. A motorcycle is clearly a motorcycle and freight train a freight train. It’s easy to classify them. People? I can’t say every INFP is exactly alike. We have tendencies manifested through function preferences. People can reach an impasse with each other because of function preferences. Yet individuals may navigate differences. I could meet 100 XXXX and dislike 80% of them. What about the other 20%? There’s too many variables that have nothing to do with type to condemn an entire group of people.

At the end of the day I assess people as individuals and judge them accordingly because ultimately everyone’s personality is unique. I’m not sure if that answers the question. Hopefully it does.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I think everybody is stupid (in their own way), regardless of their type.

I don't think it's truly possible to really hate someone just by knowing their type because then you're only hating your own preconceived idea of who they are based on whatever information you have on their type. So in essence, you can only really hate someone in an authentic way after they exhibit some quality you detest, but a type label doesn't dictate that quality necessarily. You'd only hate their type after coming to the conclusion that you actually hate them. And then they become just another number under your “most hated types” list.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I mean... I've noticed patterns in people that rub me the wrong way (what are we? fucking velvet?).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, that' be dumb. Of course there's probably some degree of correlation between the people I don't get along with and type, but it's not worth disliking purely because of a meaningless code

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd hate people based off what they do about their MBTI or how they use / extrovert their functions, but not based off their MBTI inherently.

I do know I tend to get along better with certain types and tend to misunderstand others more, though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't hate people. I don't have energy to waste on that. I do judge them, though, as part of deciding how I will interact with them, what I will share with them, and how much I trust them. I do this based on their actual behavior.

Amberiat

Infinity
No, I decide how I feel about someone based on a combination of observed behavior, direct interactions and my own predictions/interpretations of the aforementioned things. I also know that people are generally subject to change, so I try to keep an open mind about it, if possible.

Basically, MBTI sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I do this based on their actual behavior.

This. I pay less attention to what people say and much more to what they do (or don't do). And oh yeah, I'll judge based on this criteria. Hate eh, there are a few that deserve my hate and I'm comfortable with that but it has nothing to do with type.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
based off what they do about their MBTI or how they use / extrovert their functions

I don't hate people. I don't have energy to waste on that. I do judge them, though, as part of deciding how I will interact with them, what I will share with them, and how much I trust them. I do this based on their actual behavior.

i significantly relate. that`s exactly how i deal with people whom i feel "bad energy" towards. for me, i would just treat them as i usually do with others, but staying away as much as possible. and absolutely i would never share any kind of personal behavior with them, from the beginning. until they prove me wrong.

people who frustrate me are the ones i would put under this category.

for example, all the ones that i have actualy felt hate toward throughout my life were type 4, because they either showed direct pure hate towards me, or they caused me great harm or permanent damage. but i don`t hate type 4 at all, some of my dearest ones are 4s.

so, to answer my own question, i take cautious steps before i get engaged with some specific types to know how much i should share with them. and closeness level...etc. like [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] said.