• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Defense Style Test

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

yeghor

• The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is high (70.37%).
  • Your maladaptive defenses are moderate (45.24%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are low (39.39%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are low (38.89%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are moderate (55.56%).
Highest coping mechanisms >60%:

Results

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
defense-style

• Your maladaptive defenses are low (29.59%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are very low (16.67%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are very low (19.44%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are low (34.72%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is high (74.07%).

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
defense-style.png

• Your maladaptive defenses are low (37.76%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are very low (18.18%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are low (27.78%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are low (27.78%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is high (74.07%).

Somatization​

A tendency to perceive and communicate intrapsychic conflict as physical symptoms without organic cause in order to avoid intolerable feelings or thoughts. For example, feeling nauseous or ill due to the anxiety associated with an important presentation at work.
I'm pretty sure it's an outdated view and there are biological mechanisms (for example overactitivity of sympathetic or parasympathetic nervous system) behind somatic symptoms.

Help-Rejecting Complaining​

Complaining or soliciting help from others, but then rejecting their support as a way of resolving emotional conflict within oneself. Help-rejecting complaining is positively correlated with hypochondriasis, a defense mechanism with which an individual feels that no one understands them, or they exaggerate their circumstances to themselves and others for the purpose of evading accountability or guilt.
I like how they inventing the rejecting part and invented idea of exaggerating circumstances. These tests are complete garbage made by garbage people.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd have thought isolation affect would be higher and somatization lower, though given Indigo Rodent's description of an overactive sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system in the case of the latter, I can understand my result, though for me it's like feeling acutely troubled and unable to concentrate rather than nauseous or ill.

Result chart

• Your maladaptive defenses are low (30.95%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are very low (18.18%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are very low (16.67%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are moderate (44.44%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is high (77.78%).

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1660431416380.jpeg

Passive-aggressive score I realized was from confirming I’m late for appointments (went through after this test I posted, & removed that one answer to confirm where that came from). That’s... strange. It’s not intentional or because I resent where I’m going/don’t respect other people’s time. I’m generally horrible with time perception, get delayed by medical issues occasionally, & feel embarrassed/guilty/desperate to make it on-time when I am late. /shrug

Overall this test appears to be a simplified, super abridged version of the MMPI-2.

yeghor

View attachment 26645

Passive-aggressive score I realized was from confirming I’m late for appointments (went through after this test I posted, & removed that one answer to confirm where that came from). That’s... strange. It’s not intentional or because I resent where I’m going/don’t respect other people’s time. I’m generally horrible with time perception, get delayed by medical issues occasionally, & feel embarrassed/guilty/desperate to make it on-time when I am late. /shrug

Overall this test appears to be a simplified, super abridged version of the MMPI-2.

You scored 0% on 11 aspects (all of them maladaptive or image distorting coping skills), whereas previous posters seem to have scored 0% on up to 3 aspects at most, some of which included good coping skills as well.

That means you either don't want to accept negative aspects about yourself or you are deliberately gaming the test to get the scores you want.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 0% on 11 aspects (all of them maladaptive or image distorting coping skills), whereas previous posters seem to have scored 0% on up to 3 aspects at most, some of which included good coping skills as well.

That means you either don't want to accept negative aspects about yourself or you are deliberately gaming the test to get the scores you want.

The test would’ve picked up on that sort of dishonesty, since it was attempting to measure it, right?

Your basis for comparison is 5 or 6 people who took the test before me... where you draw one conclusion, I see a potential sampling bias.

Can you presume to know with certainty what sort of result I would “want” from this test to begin with? I don’t think we’ve ever interacted directly before (at least, not substantially), so I’m not sure your frame of reference for my values or motivations behind anything would be entirely accurate.

Personally, I don’t see the point in “gaming” tests.

As far as lying to myself— we all have blind spots. I try to stay open for that (I’m kinda surprised this thing didn’t pick up Isolation of Affect, since my own therapist yrs ago noted it when discussing trauma, but hey, it’s an internet test). A few years ago, this test would’ve come out a lot differently (a lot messier). What changes I see, measured here in whatever broad capacity, are changes I’m personally proud of. I’ve very consciously worked extremely hard to reach where I’m at emotionally in life. There’s always more work to do, and I look forward to it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Results:​

Result chart

• Your maladaptive defenses are high (66.33%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are moderate (45.45%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are moderate (47.22%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are moderate (59.72%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is very high (90.74%).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Results:​

Result chart

• Your maladaptive defenses are low (35.71%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are very low (15.15%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are moderate (47.22%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are moderate (54.17%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is moderate (53.7%).

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
defense-style

• Your maladaptive defenses are moderate (47.96%).
  • Your image-distorting defenses are very low (10.61%).
  • Your self-sacrificing defenses are very low (19.44%).
  • Your mature, well-adjusted defenses are moderate (44.44%).
  • The likelihood that you answered the questions on this test honestly is high (77.78%).

Help-Rejecting Complaining
Complaining or soliciting help from others, but then rejecting their support as a way of resolving emotional conflict within oneself. Help-rejecting complaining is positively correlated with hypochondriasis, a defense mechanism with which an individual feels that no one understands them, or they exaggerate their circumstances to themselves and others for the purpose of evading accountability or guilt.

Yes, I can complain about anything but I am not a hypochondriac.
The idea is more to challenge someone by repeating something I've heard or haven't decided on to get others' opinions in order to evaluate the correctness of an idea or information. It often makes me look like a fool but that may be a good result if it gets people to back off . . .